What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anybody have a seizure disorder/epilepsy?

castout

Veteran
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me.......if you're seizure free for years(10 yrs), can the seizures return, and why? The reason I am asking, is I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder, after a head injury. I would have very bad seizures that required hospitalization. My seizures would go non stop for days. It left my brain to skip sometimes......like skip over words, memories, and occasionally I stutter. After several years with seizures and many meds and hospitals, they still weren't getting better. I was not responding well to the meds, plus I was on a shit ton of meds for RSD, and strong antibiotics for a constant staph infection in my leg. The docs rediagnosed me as epileptic. They took away my drivers license, because my seizures were not being controlled. At about that time, I started really questioning what was going on with my body.......I took myself off of all the drugs I was on except the antibiotics and the Dilantin. Then I started to wean myself off the Dilantin. I did have a few seizures, but I smoked a lot more herb, and ate edibles. Within a few months, I was seizure free. I told myself that I never had a seizure disorder, that it was just the meds that I was on. I truly believe all those meds were the problem. I was on morphine, depakote, dilantin, quinine sulfate, neurontin, klonopin, just to name a few. I have believed being pharma free, is what tipped everything in my favor........until 3 days ago, when I had a seizure. I think I have had 3 in total. The 1st one came in my kitchen, and luckily TOH was there. I fell and was convulsing, he said. I didn't get the bloody metal taste in my mouth like I used to, but my stomach felt so nauseous that I had to go sit down. I sat down, and then I can't remember anything, except TOH calling my name. I wet my pants a little. The other 2 times this has happened, I was alone, but out for at least an hour each time. I wet my pants both of those times as well. I am not able to go to the doctor, and am wondering if I should try to find anyone with dilantin????? The doctor in not an option, so managing this myself is the plan. Can seizures come back, and why? TOH is pretty freaked out, and scared. I didn't tell him about the other 2 episodes, because it has caused his blood sugar to get super high from the stress. I am trying to avoid freaking him out. I am not scared, because I don't remember the seizures. I just don't like how confused I am after these episodes. I'm also getting pretty banged up, either from falling or seizing????? This is so stupid. I can't be having this happen. I don't think seizures can kill me, but I do worry about the stress of this affecting TOH, and his diabetes. For the time being I won't tell him about the other times it happened. I just don't think it can be seizures again, because I am not getting an aura like I used to get, right before I had one. If you don't get an aura, it can't be seizures, right? I'm not scared, but I am super stressed. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

castout

Veteran
I am going to make a tincture today, as another member suggested. You know who you are, and thank you. I wasn't even considering that. This really sucks, cause it is hurting my poor little body. Both shoulders have awful bruises on them cause I guess they hit the ground first, depending on which one I land on. My head hurts, cause of all the lumps on it. I have now had a total of 4 "episodes". I don't really want to call them seizures, but I am also very good at denying medical problems. If you can't remember, it didn't happen kind of mentality. Besides, this really can't be happening. I am well aware that life isn't fair, but this really sucks. I keep venting hrte, cause it's all I have, right now. Thanks for listening.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
fwiu CBDs are very helpful.

there are alot of people in Colorado for that purpose maybe a CO med forum might have more information. Wish I had more for you. You are in my prayers.

oldchuck

Veteran
A seizure can kill you, Castout, in several different ways. Sounds to me like you are at serious risk especially since you are not feeling a precursor aura. An aura, for me anyway, is an major warning signal and the message is get on your ass immediately before blackout hits. With no warning you can easily fall and fracture your skull on a kitchen counter edge or something. Don't know why you can't see a doctor or tell your partner (I assume that's what TOH means) but you need a neurologist like last week. They would prescribe the usual set of meds that may or may not work but at least your local medical people would be alerted to your condition. Your stress level and going it alone could also aggravate seizure activity.

Now to Cannabis: it works for me but it's not a cure. Your seizure type is quite different from mine. Everybody is different and there is very little professional guidance. I did my own experimentation and so must you. I will say that smoking a joint now and then doesn't do much. You need to take a systematic approach to both the type of weed and method of application.

My method is to catch the seizure before it really gets started and hose a concentrated tincture under my tongue and then lay down. It passes within a couple of minutes. I have had no luck yet with a more sustained protection by ingestion. Still working on it. The weed I have found that works best is a combination of a hemp variety and a high THC variety. I presume I am getting a bigger dose of CBD but even in regular doper smoke there is a little bit of CBD and the THC may also help a bit. A high THC dose will work for me but not as well as the hemp mix and I think it also makes my brain jumpy.

You have a condition (not a disease) that probably won't go away. If you continue to pretend it ain't there it could kill you. Get help now.

castout

Veteran
The tincture seems to be working. I had my last seizure on Monday. Makes my brain super foggy. I have def hurt myself falling. But I am hoping it won't happen anymore. I have tried every anti seizure med available, in the past, but never had control. I just wish this would stop like it did before. I did get the bloody metal taste in my mouth, before the last one started. But only that time. My stomach hurt before the other ones. I'm also peeing my pants, when it happens. TOH says I am combative and deny anything has happened. But we are keeping our fingers crossed with the tincture. Thank you all for taking the time to answer me .