What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Real Deal AC/DC 20:1 CBD:THC

ECtraveler

Veteran
Checking in here. Anyone have a lead for a legit cut of AC/DC in socal?

Yes, there a dozen or so places that offer it from time to time. There is also a 20:1 Harle-tsu going around as well as Charlotte's Web to a lesser degree. Although I have no personal experience with them I suggest trying Boom's Pharm/ CBD Delivery who is one of the rare places to offer flowers of the CBD cuts they provide. They deal primarily in CBD genetics & even offer them from tissue culture if desired. If I ever need it again and none of my friends have it that's where I'm going.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I just got back the results from a Cannatonic x Canna-tsu (Cannatonic bx1) cross that was the result of a personal pollen chuck and tested at 15.395%CBD and 0.654%THC (23:1) And that's after it's been sitting in a jar for almost 2 months. Pretty surprised and stoked.
And here's a shot of her a few days before she was taken downdown
picture.php

Ronni

Is there a S1 of the AC/DC at the moment? I saw sincity seeds released it but i missed the drop and i think oregon microgrowers guild has them as s1 (lucy's lion), but i am pretty sure they don't ship worldwide. I hope someone can help me out here.

SpaceBros.

Just letting all concerned it's Super easy to breed a 20:1 CBD:THC strain. Research done at GWpharma shows THC/CBD inheritance is a monogenically controlled trait. You just need to get an exsisting 1:1 THC/CBD 1:1 regular strain and inbreed. The resulting F2's will have a 1:2:1 High thc:equal thc/cbdratio:high cbd ratios ;)

ghostmade

Veteran
Ok what 8s the best way to go about finding a high cbd strain in seed form?im in real need.cbd crew? If so which strain based off of experience or knowledge.what ever.
Thanks for the help.what do you recommend spacebros?

Ronni

best bet: buy a pack of cbd crews sweet and sour widow and make a seed run with them. The resulting F2 generation should offer
1/4 mostly THC plants with no/little amount of CBD
1/2 mixed plants with equal amounts of CBD and THC
1/4 mostly CBD plants with no/little amount of THC

select your favorite plant(s) from the 1/4 with the CBD and continue reproducing them.

This is speaking theoretically not based on my experience. I think it's worth a try.

SpaceBros.

Ok what 8s the best way to go about finding a high cbd strain in seed form?im in real need.cbd crew? If so which strain based off of experience or knowledge.what ever.
Thanks for the help.what do you recommend spacebros?

Sorry I have no practical experience with CBD rich strains but as Ronni mentions any strain with a fixed THC:CBD 1:1 ratio should be fine. Regular seeds are preferable unless you don't mind reversing your female plants. Also a home cannabinoid TLC test kit will help you determine the phenotype of your F2's or you can pay for lab testing if available in your area. Possibly smoking too and selecting for the ones that don't get you high at all but don't take my word on that. You can also go to F4 and make your own CBD rich 20:1 regular seed stock. Once again I can't guarantee this as it's all theoretical ;)

Parent Genotype THC/CBD x THC/CBD
(e.g. CBD Sweet&Sour reg)

F2 Genotypes 1 THC/THC:2 THC/CBD:1 CBD/CBD

F3(select for CBD) CBD/CBD x CBD/CBD

F4(CBD:THC, approx. 20:1) 100% CBD/CBD

^^^Hope this makes sense :)

ECtraveler

Veteran
best bet: buy a pack of cbd crews sweet and sour widow and make a seed run with them. The resulting F2 generation should offer
1/4 mostly THC plants with no/little amount of CBD
1/2 mixed plants with equal amounts of CBD and THC
1/4 mostly CBD plants with no/little amount of THC

select your favorite plant(s) from the 1/4 with the CBD and continue reproducing them.

This is speaking theoretically not based on my experience. I think it's worth a try.

Based on my (limited) experience that will happen with any CBD f2 no matter the origin. Same thing with bx1's (although I can't say for certain that the frequency of occurrence is the same just that it happens). I got a 23:1 ratio from a Cannatonic x Canna-tsu where the mother had a ratio of 2:1 and the father had a ratio of 2:5. Plenty of ways to getting to point B.

*I've also gotten 3 pure THC plants from a limited 3 plant test run of an ACDC backcross

Last edited:

SpaceBros.

Thanks fo4 the input.guys.so just pick up a pack from cbdbcrew and a prayer.

Well since it's a confirmed thc:cbd 1:1 strain your not going to get any pure CBD plants. You'll have to inbreed the line one generation to get one quarter of the progeny pure CBD type plants.

As for the ratios observed by ECtraveller for his cannatonic and canna-tsu parents these are not possible by the model described by GW pharma. So there may be other factors involved also - polyploidy, THC/CBD synthase gene duplication, genetic imprinting, thc/cbd synthase affinity to CBG discrepensies and maybe even environmental factors.

Good luck with finding your CBD rich strain :)

ECtraveler

Veteran
That's kind of what I think too. That some other factor might be in play because I didn't think it was possible either in that scenario until I finally had it tested.

W

WeetisPotPie

I have a question. Not about high cbd about testing it. How is it being done? I live in a non legal state, my wife, who fought breast cancer while pregnant, was diagnosed with early onset RA, could use a high cbd strain. Is there another way to tell?
I'll tell you this plant, that everyone warned me about saved my wife and daughter, I know it helped her gain weight while in chemo and she never took pain killers. I'm not advocating anything either, I grew it and we both made the choice it was safer then narcotics. The doctors agreed. Sorry but I get wound up that the one fucking thing that can help is just out of my reach. Thanks for any help.

sgbfcoop

There is CBD Delivery service out of Fullerton with all the popular clones on their weedmaps.

In stock is another thing however.

SpaceBros.

I have a question. Not about high cbd about testing it. How is it being done? I live in a non legal state, my wife, who fought breast cancer while pregnant, was diagnosed with early onset RA, could use a high cbd strain. Is there another way to tell?
I'll tell you this plant, that everyone warned me about saved my wife and daughter, I know it helped her gain weight while in chemo and she never took pain killers. I'm not advocating anything either, I grew it and we both made the choice it was safer then narcotics. The doctors agreed. Sorry but I get wound up that the one fucking thing that can help is just out of my reach. Thanks for any help.

There are many ways to test for Cannabinoids in Cannabis. The most commonly used nowadays is chromatography. Most labs use either Gas Chromatography (GC) of High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). There are home Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) kits one can purchase and use also from the safety of their own home. Alternatively if it's grown properly and looks nice and crystally and doesn't get you high that can be an indicator of CBD.

THCTESTKITS

Those are not exactly easy to use and accuracy is questionable. Your best bet is to get confirmed genetics or send a sample to a legal state for testing.

http://californiatears.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9

SynergyWellness in Nor Cal has good ACDC also

SpaceBros.

THCTESTKITS

Those are not exactly easy to use and accuracy is questionable. Your best bet is to get confirmed genetics or send a sample to a legal state for testing.

http://californiatears.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9

SynergyWellness in Nor Cal has good ACDC also

I actually feel the THC TLC test kits are easy enough to use but should probably be done in a fume-hood for personal safety. For qualitative analysis of Cannabinoids their accuracy is undeniable and even superior to some testing labs since you get a much wider range of Cannabinoids detected. An accurate quantitative analysis is not possible with these kits however.

Bongstar420

I didn't know there were cannabis plants which produced pure THC, just levels which were like Marinol with flavor added.

You don't find it ironic that the most popular strains in terms of patients volume of consumption are very high THC strains which do not have oils that diminish the high. Adding a few percent CBD really diminishes the recreational value..Thats why med users tend to end up with pure THC stuff- they must divert to the rec markets to fund their med use and frequently are subconsciously prefering the more rec stuff because their medical "needs" are trumped up.

An IC friend has done some work with her crossed to other CBD lines he's been working...

I've discussed heavily his take on things but I'm curious you input on the CBD "high".

I tend to agree with him in the notion that all cannabinoids work synergystically with one another...and a pure CBD strain has got to be about as effective as Marinol...ie pure THC....

So, I'm often critical of the AC/DC 20:1 in a purely theoretical sense...but without any experience to formulate a real opinion on...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on her!

dank.Frank