What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funky Cold Medina

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm nep, maybe get a switchable ballast. One that you can turn to Metal Halide. That way when they are vegging , the MH will boost and do alot better than pure hps. Only problem is the money. But I know of a couple cats that do the switchable ballast deal and have a MH bulb backing up the HPS for just that reason .
But there are 1 400HPS and 1 600 HPS in the room. Stationary and not cooled special or anything. The plants get moved around instead of light movers. lights on temps 76-82. lights off temps 61-75 depending on what time of year. Winter low, summer high ect.
Perpetual system, meaning each week 2-4 plants are started in 12/12. perpetually 2-4 plants are mature each week. :wave:
Calendar with room to write on is important to remember what started and when they are due to mature. Can you imagine trying to remember everything when you get as high as we do? lol it would be a nightmare.
Gallon jugs are made at 650-700 ppm for the flowering ho's. Some get custom made gallons milder or hotter depending if its a real special clone. Like some prefer milder than 700 if you can dig that? A few could use a bit hotter than 700 but rarely get what they want. You can tell cause they turn yellow early in 12/12.
Cause of high numbers and low space. Clones grow to a certain size and 1 cut is taken. It's responsible to carry on the strain. We have a 100% clone survival rate. Soak a 4x4 rockwool cube, take a strong cutting and dip the stem in water , then into some supernatural rooting powder. Then stick into presoaked cube. Only presoaked for a minute. Just be sure its heavy and full. A small individual dome is placed over the cube and they usually root within 10-14 days. Some longer, some faster... But they always survive. (knocks on wood) Once in awile if a cube gets too light and no roots have shown yet, its important to tease the bottom of the cube with some water to get the root to sneak out. But normally the root comes bursting out no problem.
Consistency is the most important part of horticulture in my op. Once you find what works best keep it consistent. Also always K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid ahaha. No offence meant by that. It's just a figure of speech.
There y'all go, kind of a small tutorial of what we do to pimp some ho. Seems to work real well. It took a few years to figure out wich method worked best for our setup. I know that sounds like a long time. But when you get as old as me it seems like yesterday was christmas...Patience is also super important when it comes to this. Stealth, security and lots of common sense and good luck always helps.

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calendar with room to write on is important to remember what started and when they are due to mature. Can you imagine trying to remember everything when you get as high as we do? lol it would be a nightmare.

i dont know what i would do without my trusty notebook. the recipes, what strains like, how and what and when they got food/water. #1 thing i think is needed with a perpetual or close. and SPECIALLY a breeding program.

lovin the dove with the leaf!

G

Dude, that was such a perfect explanation of the basics!

edit: But what's up with the nudie pics, lol?

Last edited:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wallstreet_wook said:
Dude, that was such a perfect explanation of the basics!

edit: But what's up with the nudie pics, lol?
It's just a random picture from an old high times mag. It's acually an add for legal weed. From like the middle 70's... Nothing to do with what i typed. I been tokin the deez.

Last edited:
G

Chili_berkster said:
Nothing to do with what i typed. I been tokin the deez.

Rofl, that made my night. Random works in my family (not as much for me as others).

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya CB :wave:
Pardon the pun, but I know why your handle is chilli - look at the mega frost! Trees too?: Got it goin on my friend. Looks uber tasty in here! Damn man, did I mention frost already!!! :yoinks: Looking close to harvest time - gonna be a nice haul :yes:

G

Hot hot hot! That Dabney looks purty. And you got the scbb pretty beefy! But damn, that cough just takes my breath away. Got a couple a few weeks behind yours that I'm salivatin' on. Enjou!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just.....cant.....stop.....lookin......at.....dwarf

she would be a good breeder plant i think.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
jaykush said:
just.....cant.....stop.....lookin......at.....dwarf

she would be a good breeder plant i think.

Word, the smoke is real unique too. I've heard she yields like a chump though :badday:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Word, the smoke is real unique too. I've heard she yields like a chump though

thats where the other parent comes in. but from the looks it would do good outside in full sun. big fans. how does it grow when not topped chili?

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya Jay, you know something is going on when a plant yields like a chump and still gets playtime in this camp. She makes ultra dense, skunky nugs. She flowers very fast ( under 55 ). The high is more up at first , then smashes your head in. It's another clone that don't get consumed by folks other than the familia.
When untopped it tends to grow 1 cola with a couple sides. The only way to get her to yield is veg her for awhile and top at least 1 time to produce several main colas. Jay , you should try a few of those beans from her. What was that, 2 years ago? lol There could be a wicked pair in that batch. Although I notice some herming tendencies from the sour bubble offspring no matter who the female clone was. So , those are scrapped for breeding puposes. But still fun to grow and toke.
... :wave:

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh man you dont know how bad ive had the itch to grow those beans. i want them to get the best attention and care though. ill be sure to watch out for the herms too.

N

Neptune

SCBB is looking much bigger this time Berk, be sure to let us know the tally when you get it :) I'm also curious to see and hear more about rhe Dabney Blueberry, It's crossed my fingers a few times but I have not grabbed her yet... though I did pickup a Trainwreck yesterday, hope she is the same as yours.. love those TW nugs you got goin' brothaman! peace out

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Sup Chilli--- glad you like teh Dabney man.. you gonna love the smoke.. sickly sweet blueberry muffins right outta of teh oven... UMMMM.. got one about ready to harvest myself... about a week or so out.. keep her close to teh familia.. she is special.. :dueling:

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Neptune said:
SCBB is looking much bigger this time Berk, be sure to let us know the tally when you get it :) I'm also curious to see and hear more about rhe Dabney Blueberry, It's crossed my fingers a few times but I have not grabbed her yet... though I did pickup a Trainwreck yesterday, hope she is the same as yours.. love those TW nugs you got goin' brothaman! peace out

What you want to know about her man??

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

Norcal Crypt

Digi Blueberry

Digi Blueberry

This is a shot of chili's BB. Definately is a stanker. Very candyish blueberry stank to her. She's got some time left on her but it looks like she is gonna be campin here for a bit. :joint: I'll grab some more shots later and post .
4081BB-.jpg

Last edited:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aww, don't she look sweet. Nice job brougham. More... please.
edit: here is Chaos. I love this plant. It's even turning purple. Hard to tell from the pics but trust me in a few more days it will be much more colorful. It's about 51 days in the pictures. So any day now she gets axed. Smells real nice and sweet still. Kinda a fruity berry scent. I like it nontheless. Excited to toke it.

Last edited: