What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice on new layout

Dion

Hi team!

I'm looking to yield a pound a month

Thinking to run 3 tents, 2 flower 1 veg

What size would be needed?
(Yeah sure depends on details )

I've always been micro so not too sure how to scale up from a 2*4 foot cab with 2 ft Hight that yields an average 7 ounce plus about 2 oz trim for baking

What would u recommend?

2 3*3?

2 4*4?

2 2*4?

Reason I want 2 cabs is so my electronics don't pull juice for exactly 12 hours a day

Rather use a flip flop or timer

Cheers

Fixer

I grew auto-flowers in a meter cubed tent for about a year but that's my main tent experience. If space isn't an issue use the largest footprint you can fit. My rule of thumb is twice the space in flower as in veg. :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I grew auto-flowers in a meter cubed tent for about a year but that's my main tent experience. If space isn't an issue use the largest footprint you can fit. My rule of thumb is twice the space in flower as in veg. :tiphat:

agree with this idea. Leave enough space for plants to let them become big enough.

Dion

Do what you know and build enough of the 2x4x2 cabs?

Thanks mate

Probably leaning towards that hey

Thinking to do 4 of them for my target

Just not sure if adding headroom is really gonna add yields

As in if I did 3 or 4 ft tall would I need less canopy?

Bmac1

Veteran
I am about to switch setups and into something similar. I am moving from a single 5x5 to 2 - 4x4 tents. I am going to run the tents on opposite light schedules as sort of a flip. My goal is going to be 1-1.5lbs each harvest and I hope to have a harvest every 5 weeks or so once I get rolling.

I have a single 2x4x4 veg/mother tent. I am thinking of adding another one of these or possibly a bigger veg tent but I do like the footprint of this smaller tent and how it fits in my room.

Koondense

Veteran
One 2x4 can yield a pound in 2,5-3 months but you'll need a good plant(clone) and good canopy management(scrog).
I would look into two 1mx1m flower tents and one 2x4 veg tent, total 1kW of leds(2x400W flo + 200W veg). This way you can get a pound per month.

Cheers

Dion

One 2x4 can yield a pound in 2,5-3 months but you'll need a good plant(clone) and good canopy management(scrog).
I would look into two 1mx1m flower tents and one 2x4 veg tent, total 1kW of leds(2x400W flo + 200W veg). This way you can get a pound per month.

Cheers

2x4 can yield a pound?!?! Ok yeah i gotta get some taller spaces to grow in
Thought I was doing well haha

Thanks mate

I'll let u know what I do

Koondense

Veteran
It can but not with any plant.
My last 2x4 harvest was just over a pound.

picture.php

Dion

It can but not with any plant.
My last 2x4 harvest was just over a pound.

View Image

Yeah cool gotcha lots of variables but I see your girls take advantage of the headroom ,(pic helped me a lot tnx)

So I'm thinking 90*90 or M2 canopy 1m Hight should be on point for flower, probably get some cheap eBay tents and put them in smth in my garage
I guess I can't use the veg space that runs off a phone charger no more though lol

I feel like a noob but I'm just going from multiple micro cabs to a decent garden, wanna keep plant count down and simplify the process

I think 120cm Hight is probably a good one
BUT 2.4m Hight(coz I love gardens on top of gardens is just a bit tricky in case I move) so will just do two shelves per tent and get two of whatever eBay has cheapest (2*4 3*3 m2 ect) and do a double story veg in my 2*2 tent

Sounds like a plan

I'm off to eBay :dance013: