What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10x10 Flower Tent

MLD

Hello,

I am in the process of planning a 10x10 flower room. I will be running c02 and 4 x 1000w LED lights. I will split the tent into two 4x10 grow areas on each side, and I will be using either Ebb and Flow or a DWC Bubbler system. I have the option to keep the reservoirs outside the tent.

Few questions:

Carbon Filter and Inline Fan: I will not be exhausting the room as I will be running c02, but I still need to scrub the air for odor control. What size fan and filter do I need for this purpose? I'd imagine it is less than if I were going to exhaust the tent.

Air conditioning:

My understanding is that I need to calculate all watts in the room and times by 3 to get my needed BTU. Is this correct considering I will be running LED strips? If my drivers are outside the tent how do I then calculate the watts?.... as the drivers produce a lot of that expected heat. I plan to buy a mini-split.

Dehumidifier:

What size dehumidifier is needed considering i will run two 4x10 grow areas inside the tent with a hydro system? The easy answer is calculate how much water your plants drink per day and be ready to remove 90% of that... and upside the dehumidifier..... but I am growing in coco right now with very high temps and no AC in a 4x4 tent and no c02... very difficult to calculate my requirements for my intended setup. Help please =)

MLD

I do have your 4x4 tent and so far so good, but I will be passing on your lights. I know they do great work, but they aren't the best bang for buck out there.

At the moment I'm favoring Hortibloom lights on Alibaba. I won't be ordering for 2 months so who knows what will come out between now and then.

But yo MarsHydro.... You are welcome to PM me with a quote for comparable lights, but please don't bother with lights that use Epistar. Also, i you guys do custom tents I'd be interested. Yours are too short;)

MLD

I think I have figured out my dehumidifier requirements.

I've read the way to know your needs is to take the size of your hydro system and divide by 7. So for example, if I have a 200 liter reservoir in the tent I would divide that by 7 to get 29 liters per day. I will have to wait and see specifically what size system I get inside the tent.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I do have your 4x4 tent and so far so good, but I will be passing on your lights. I know they do great work, but they aren't the best bang for buck out there.

At the moment I'm favoring Hortibloom lights on Alibaba. I won't be ordering for 2 months so who knows what will come out between now and then.

But yo MarsHydro.... You are welcome to PM me with a quote for comparable lights, but please don't bother with lights that use Epistar. Also, i you guys do custom tents I'd be interested. Yours are too short;)

Sorry buddy, we didn't make customized grow tent yet. Good luck for the grow. :biggrin: