What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloner system question

ElGato

Veteran
See. This is my issue. I spoke to 3 different people who do clones and they all insist on their way being only way.
The guy I spoke to last night swears not to open the trays for at least seven days. Keep em sealed” he says.

I've done cloning many different ways, and they all work. Some work better than others. I have pretty much settled on the bubble cloner for my needs -but that doesn't mean that it's your only option

Tychos method above may suit you just fine, and it's just as valid as any method out there.

for me the beauty of a bubble cloner is that they are pretty much trouble free with a fantastic success rate. It does suck to have to build them, but once you're done - well, it's done

good luck to ya

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
See. This is my issue. I spoke to 3 different people who do clones and they all insist on their way being only way.
The guy I spoke to last night swears not to open the trays for at least seven days. Keep em sealed” he says.
I went through a spell of trying everything under the sun for cloning, and what I think people always forget is they found a setup that works best for them, in their environment. Everybody's environment is different so you have to find what works for you. I tried perlite, soil, water, aerocloning and rapid rooters. Aerocloning was the most "set it and forget it" way, but it took me longer to get roots than the rapid rooters which is what I use now. With the rapid rooters I have to keep them in a humidity dome and make sure and spray them every day. With the aerocloner it doesn't need a humidity dome, and it was as easy as plug it in and let it sit there till they get roots, it's just a real hassle to get mine in and out of my growing area to clean it out in between clone sessions, so I settled on the rapid rooters.

Asslover

Veteran
picture.php

Once I put an Ice Probe in my cloner I get 100% rooting every time. Imvho, water temperature is the Achilles of cloners. Especially bubble cloners.

DunHav`nFun

The Achilles heel of cloners is the "Pumps" that HEAT the water and eventually cause anaerobic conditions once water/rez temps rise above 70 degrees and stay there long enough to develop the dreaded slime on the bottom root stocks.....that said......there`a cloner on the market that looks alot like Asslover`s with a fan mounted to the side that keeps air temps cooler but there`s no guarantee about the bottom rez/solution temps now is there , thus why his lil ice probe "chiller" hack works by insuring solution temps stay below the 70 degree threshold.....now......

Forever and a day the old head solution to DIY cloners , regardless of Aero or Bubbler was to put the pumps on timers s like 15 mins on and 15 mins off to prevent the bottom rez heating up , but it all depends on where you are geographically to dial the rest ......may not be able to wait 15 mins but the break works as long as the cloner`s kept clean and sterilized after each use ......but.....

What worked for me for many many yrs was solo cups full of 50/50 vermiculite and perlite , like lil Hempy cups with a hole in the side and a small mini rez in the bottoms of the cups , then for the last 10 yrs or so before retirement , I found coco in clear solo cups to actually root the fastest with where I live the ticket was 80 degrees and 75-80% humidity with the cups in trays and bottom fed every few days to prevent wilting....and for the record....

As stated before.....You can ask 10 growers how they take and root cuts , and you`ll get 10 different answers with EVERY explanation being the end all be all ONLY way for 100% rooting and anything other than "their technique" is just Bro science and hearsay , so there you go......anyways.....

High humidity , snipping the leaves in half to promote root formation instead of foliage , humidity domes if needed , spray and mist if needed , etc. , and so on DEPENDING on where you live , but bottom line.....

Elevated temps , elevated humidity , LOW light conditions like T-8 40 watt shoplites , again to promote root formation and not foliage , and guaranteed sooner or later those lil nubs will form , the stems will split , and roots will burst forth.....Seen it 1000`s of times over the yrs.....Some genetics take longer , especially if the plants aren`t healthy the cuts are taken from , but for the most part it`s grower error instead of the plant`s fault , so step up your game and start reaping the results.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ......

Bio boy

What do yall use inside cloner.

I dip in clonex. Iba 0.01
And then in my mist cloner.

And i put 15% strengh bloom nutes ph tek advanced. Does phing and small food ready.
And i add in tnc bactor 13 bennie and fungi for roots and clones it has kelp in also with auxin and cykotin .

And spray away 5 ft aeay from a 400w

Latest posts

Latest posts