What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dan's Perpetual Experiment

DanTheReggaeFan

Looks like they are doing well now. How close do you have the light?

Thanks. I raised it for the pic but it's usually around 6 inches from the canopy. I think it could get closer but if i drop the reflector closer than 6 inches it starts to dim on the top and bottom rows.

DanTheReggaeFan

How long are you going to Veg for? Are you going to switch your light for flowering?

I'm going to veg until the 28th. I want them to be ready for christmas so plan on harvesting Dec 1st with a 9 week flower. I've got a 600W dimable I'm going to flower under in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent. I was going to put them under the 250W next week then 400W the following week then 600W when i flip. What do you think?

TahoeTops

I think you have a great plan. Just watch what the plants do each time you step up your wattage. If the leaves are down, its too much light, or too close. Make sure your leaves are up.

Try and post more pics. Everyone loves to see pics! And if there is an issue, that you don't see, maybe one of us will see it and point it out for ya!

DanTheReggaeFan

A little update. I was meant to transplant and set up my 600W on the 12th but life happened and kinda messed up my schedule so they spent an extra week under the 125W. I ended up transplanting on the 16th and finally cleared out the 1.2m tent that was being used to dry my last harvest yesterday. Because of the delay I skipped the 250W and just put them straight under the 400W and I'm hoping it doesn't stress them too much. They also got topped about 2 weeks ago and I might LST them tonight to try and bush them out so I can hopefully take some clones next weekend before they go into flower.

This is the first time I've let them grow so big before doing any training. Usually I start LSTing early so don't end up seeing the natural structure but there's a couple here (RxS and Rx(F1xG)) that are really nice. I'm not too sure what the yield on the PPxM is going to be though because they're not very branchy. If I hadn't topped them they would both probably be just one big cola with very little branching. Does anyone know if this is a trait of the MAC in it because I've grown some Purple Punch crosses in the past and they were all quite branchy?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23

TahoeTops

Good Job Dan! When you take pics, take top as well as profile shots so we can really see what your plants are doing.

DanTheReggaeFan

Just when it starts to get good it all goes to shit. I got a call today saying my landlord is selling my flat so unless I can find somewhere to put them, which is unlikely, I'm going to have to scrap this grow. FML

TahoeTops

Just when it starts to get good it all goes to shit. I got a call today saying my landlord is selling my flat so unless I can find somewhere to put them, which is unlikely, I'm going to have to scrap this grow. FML

It happens! My last hydro grow, I had the same problem! Shi**y thing is that the landlord knew what I was doing and still screwed me with a 30 day notice! He didn't care one bit.

At least you got some experience.