What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4xA13 - Two tops at 1st node?

TheMan13

Veteran
What I'm up to this year ... I am trying to restart an inside grow to produce medicinal flower for myself after a years exodus due to unexpected health issues.

I decided to take a look at some seeds I bred from few years back, a sister breeding to my NASA Bruce (Bruce Banner #3 x Apollo 13 F4): Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4

I popped a few into water on the first full and new moons of the year with a 100% germination.

attachment.php

Oddly one of the seedlings from the new moon drop grew two tops at the very first node without any manipulation. Has anyone seen this before? If so, what can I expect?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• New Moon Jan 24 2020.jpg
    New Moon Jan 24 2020.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2 top A Mar 4 2020.jpg
    2 top A Mar 4 2020.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2 top B 40 days.jpg
    2 top B 40 days.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 19

TheMan13

Veteran
Here she is getting ready for some new shoes. Quarantine 2020 has been rough on her, but looks as if she'll pull through. Definitely a unique and fragrant plant in veg. A few of her sisters will hopefully go 12/12 shortly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GG4xA13twotops.jpg
    GG4xA13twotops.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21

TheMan13

Veteran
Happy Independence Day!

I had recently topped the two topped NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) seedling as she prepares for flower. The cut was simply placed into a rockwool cube submerged in a jar of water. Not the best way to clone, but hopefully I'll see roots within a few weeks.

attachment.php

Some of her NASA Glue sisters have made it into flower. I'll post up some pics of those flowering phenotypes in the near future ...

Attachments

• 2 Tops cut June 6.jpg
    2 Tops cut June 6.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #2 at day 40 of flower.

They look to be finishing up a bit quicker than anticipated. I'm guessing an eight week finish.

GG4 seems to be dominating this cross, but I'm noticing some fruity scents I cannot associate with either the GG4 or Apollo 13/Brothers Grimm genetics.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG2 d40.jpg
    NG2 d40.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 22

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #1 at day 44 of flower. She is the shortest plant in the room. It is tough to take decent pics under this 10k spectrum.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG1 d44.jpg
    NG1 d44.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 21

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #4 at day 48 of flower. She is the tallest plant in the room at 56 inches tall, whereas the shortest (pheno #1) is only 39 inches tall. About 25% of the phenotypes doubled in size (like pheno #4) the first couple weeks of flower, while 75% were pretty uniform with an expected/usual stretch. I'm not sure if it's a genetic or lighting quirk.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG4 d48.jpg
    NG4 d48.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 21

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #5 at day 59 of flower. She is one of the tallest uncut plants ran thus far, doubling in size the first couple weeks of flower. But she seems to be an ugly outlier with extensive foxtailing and not finishing in the 8th week as the other phenotypes have. I'm not sure if it's a genetic or lighting quirk, as I have added a 300 watt Electric Sky LED by the Green Sunshine Company to add some additional space to my 1k MH 10k DE room/footprint and she was under it. I'm not really impressed with the light and will likely return it before the 90 day satisfaction guarantee.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG5 day59.jpg
    NG5 day59.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 22

TheMan13

Veteran
This is NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #8 at day 42 of flower. She is a couple of weeks behind pheno #5 as seen in my last post. She has been partially under the 300 watt Electric Sky LED by the Green Sunshine Company as well. Although she is not foxtailing, it does look like she may finish closer to 9 weeks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG8 day42.jpg
    NG8 day42.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 21

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #5 at day 65 of flower finally finishing up. She'll be cut shortly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG5 day65 zoom.jpg
    NG5 day65 zoom.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 23
  • NG5 day65.jpg
    NG5 day65.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 20

TheMan13

Veteran
The Two Tops pheno has finally made it into flower. She went a little wild in my over crowded and under lit veg.

I need to clean her up a bit and create a support system somehow with bamboo stakes, but I think she'll make it.

The Electric Sky LED really washed out the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2tops start.jpg
    2tops start.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 20

TheMan13

Veteran
I cleaned up 2tops a bit, but maybe not enough taking a closer look at this pic LoL

She looks a bit stressed her first week under the HID lights being so tall, but hopefully that will pass soon. The Electric Sky LED from the Green Sunshine Co washed out the pic again and can be seen top right.* I will be boxing her up and shipping it back under the 90 day satisfaction*guarantee*shortly.* It would be nice to run in veg, but a $700 300 watt light there is not financially*viable for me.* I will also be switching up my Solis Tek 10k DE MH bulb to a new Eye Hortilux DE HPS.

I also changed up my nutes from Botanicare's*Pure*Blend Pro to Remo Nutrients 2 part micro & bloom. I've been using Remo Nutrients since their*start back in 2015 and have nothing but good things to say about them.**

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2tops d10.jpg
    2tops d10.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22

TheMan13

Veteran
NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) pheno #8 at day 54 of flower. She's finishing up nicely as I try to flush some of the green out of her. She will be cut shortly to make room for the final pheno of this years NASA Glue phenohunt. I plan to do some further work with her next year with a little help from friends ;-)~

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NG8 d54 zoom.jpg
    NG8 d54 zoom.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • NG8 d54.jpg
    NG8 d54.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 20

TheMan13

Veteran
2tops is 2 weeks into flower now and nearly 6 feet tall (pictured next to 6 foot stake). She seems to be enjoying the change back to Remo Nutrients as the praying can attest to, but she is way too close for comfort to my 1k Gavita bulb.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2tops preying Remo d16.jpg
    2tops preying Remo d16.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 24

TheMan13

Veteran
My 2 Tops pheno of NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) is 3 weeks into flower now and beginning to stack. At nearly 6 1/2 feet tall, she ended up a bit closer to my DE bulb than I'd like. Sadly some stress can be seen in the top pistils and bud development.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2tops 3weeks.jpg
    2tops 3weeks.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24

TheMan13

Veteran
My 2 Tops pheno of NASA Glue (Original Glue #4 x Apollo 13 F4) is 4 weeks into flower now. I switched my DE bulb back to High Pressure Sodium (HPS) this past week and returned my LED. Having bad red/green colorvision makes it difficult for me to take decent pics under this spectrum. I hope it looks better to most of you ;-)~

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2tops 4wks.jpg
    2tops 4wks.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2tops 4wks zoom.jpg
    2tops 4wks zoom.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 24

TheMan13

Veteran
She's come a long way.