What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

White Beard

Really, Frankenhooker is self-consciously awful. Nobody in it thought they were making anything but a joke and it shows, right from the first scene...that’s the difference between this and the ‘grindhouse’ style. It doesn’t take itself seriously at all, even when most extreme, whereas (IMO) grindhouse plays the premise straight no matter how over the top it gets.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I think that was the point.Bill Murray even Quoted This is the movie to see this year" or something like that. It was just a dumb,fun movie to get high and drunk to.nothing more.wish more movies were like that

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes most certainly - The Grand Budapest Hotel is a great film - with quirky almost silent movie type homour at times - and some great action scenes too - I'd recommend it.

A more recent movie that I have seen and like is called 'Valerian' - kinda sci-fi mega-action flik.

I’ve always wanted to see that. Is it worth the watch?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I wouldnt say Frankenhooker was grindhouse but it was differently different.whoever made that movie was on all kinds of drugs that I want. BEST LINES WERE "WANNA DATE!" FUCKING GOLD
A whole 'nother level of 'different' is what I have to say. Holy crap!! Ya gotta watch Frankenhooker if you haven't. Yes, filmed from the start as a parody and it definitely shows. lol WOW. heh This one goes in the archives.

The drill. I, wow... definitely difficult to watch. LOL I don't do "Saw" type movies for the same reason. Totally fake and still realistic enough to make me cringe quite badly.

Question: Would removing the stocking and shoe from the leg have made him 'less,' or 'more' conspicuous as he climbed down the fire escape?

Super crack! Sooooooooooo funny!
:laughing:

:tiphat:

White Beard

American Success Story - this is a movie I saw once, but it stuck with me.

I love movies, and I enjoy seeing ‘small’ films, watching good people practice their arts and hone their crafts; this is one of those. It’s not really a drama, a comedy, or a romance, but it *is* a love story. Jeff Bridges, Ned Beatty, Marisa Berenson, Bianca Jagger.

Good luck finding it....

No good stoner’s movie experience is compleat without Zachariah, a reconfiguration of the story of Siddhartha by the guys in Firesign Theater...as a western...starring a very young Don Johnson, Country Joe and the Fish, Doug Kershaw, jazz drummer Philly Joe Jones, and, of course...the James Gang.

shithawk420

Veteran
One movie I'd avoid is Tusk.literraly made me sick for days.if that's your thing then fine.but that movie was beyond disturbing.i still throw up just thinking about it

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
"Dead men don't wear plaid", Black & white film noir directed by Carl Reiner, starring Steve Martin. From 1982, back when Steve Martin was still funny, is very underrated in my opinion. If you're into abstract humor and 1940-1950's pulp detective & gangster movies, check it out.
DMDWP uses clips from them old movies and mixes em to it's own storyline.

If you have seen some of the old movies used to make DMDWP, like 'Sorry, wrong number', 'The postman always rings twice', 'White heat' or 'The lost weekend' to name a few.. That helps too, but is not a must.
Good stuff! :tiphat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2efDnLZjsk

shithawk420

Veteran
Never heard of it...I’ll add that one to the same list as Human Centipede....
:tiphat:

I've heard it compared to Human Centipede but worse.i don't know cause I won't watch Human Centipede.and I like to say I'll watch any movie once.not anymore though.actually I heard it was based on a true story.i think it was a roumer but I wouldn't be surprised.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
American Success Story - this is a movie I saw once, but it stuck with me.

I love movies, and I enjoy seeing ‘small’ films, watching good people practice their arts and hone their crafts; this is one of those. It’s not really a drama, a comedy, or a romance, but it *is* a love story. Jeff Bridges, Ned Beatty, Marisa Berenson, Bianca Jagger.

Good luck finding it....

No good stoner’s movie experience is compleat without Zachariah, a reconfiguration of the story of Siddhartha by the guys in Firesign Theater...as a western...starring a very young Don Johnson, Country Joe and the Fish, Doug Kershaw, jazz drummer Philly Joe Jones, and, of course...the James Gang.

Zachariah!
Any rocker worth his salt needs to sit through that. lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You heard of Spaghetti Westerns? Well how about the Chinese version?

5 Fingers of Death.

I became a fricken ninja after watching that. lol. (seriously)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
You heard of Spaghetti Westerns? Well how about the Chinese version?

Spaghetti Westerns were called that because they were mostly produced and directed by Italians.

So Chinese westerns as a genre, with that logic, should be Noodle westerns? :)

Never heard of the movie, might check it out. Chinese people do some weird stuff, good and bad.