Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Seeking advice for indoor grow

Thread Title Search
Seeking advice for indoor grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2020, 08:57 AM #1
MangoMaitreya

MangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the rough
Question Seeking advice for indoor grow

Hi all,
I just joined the forum although I have been a long time browser. I have recently set up a small space to grow indoors and I am just seeking suggestions and advice on how to proceed. There are several criteria for which I would like to optimize this grow, but let me start by listing some features of my setup and my progress so far.

I have two very small "rooms" which are just over a meter in height each and have a floor space of 2.8 square feet(1.7 ft x 1.7 ft.) I am using one currently as a veg room and the other is set up as a flower room.

I am currently vegging 12 plants that I started from seed, they are all at about 2 weeks. They are regular seeds so of course I expect plenty of males. Genetics are by bodhi, Mango Hashplant, Mango Lotus and Twin Flame.

This is not relevant to my question but for those curious about lighting, I have 2 diy lights, the veg light having 8 cfls which I believe is 150 to 180 watts ( I have to double check) and the flower light being a 270 watt LED affair.

Now onto my goals for this grow. Given that these seeds are nearly all f1's I am wishing to do some pheno searching, however I am a little unsure about how to do so in an efficient manner given my space constraints. I also would like to produce a first harvest relatively quickly as I am looking to spend less buying ganja from others. (although I know patience is critical in this endeavor)

The options that I am considering include a Sea of Green style grow which would allow me to grow more smaller plants and pheno hunt through more plants at a time. (although this does not seem to allow for taking clones, possibly revegging could be an option?) or just veg longer so I can take clones then flower one or maybe two larger plants. (This seems to be the most basic and maybe smartest option)

Anyway I am pretty new to this and this is my first indoor grow so any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Mango Maitreya
MangoMaitreya is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:00 AM #2
Paddi
GanjaGrower

Paddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivor
Hi Mango M and welcome to ICMag
I think your first problem is lack of height.
The distance during flower from LEDs to canopy is minimum 30 cm.
That gives you 70 cm to growmedium and plant.

Best luck

P

Growers Of The World - Unite

Last edited by Paddi; 09-13-2020 at 10:39 AM..
Paddi is online now Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 10:20 AM #3
MangoMaitreya

MangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the roughMangoMaitreya is a jewel in the rough
Thank you for the support Paddi! I do realize that I was not entirely accurate when I gave the height of the grow rooms. Saying it was a meter is just wrong and I don't know why I said that. The veg room is closer to that, maybe 4 feet, but the flower room is a bit taller, I believe over five feet. I will take an accurate measurement tomorrow. Sorry again for the inaccurate info.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:04 PM #4
MangoMaitreya

I should have titled this thread "Tips for Efficient Pheno Hunting in Small Spaces".

Old 09-14-2020, 07:46 AM #5
MangoMaitreya

After taking a precise measurement:

Veg "room" height is 3 ft 6 in
Flower "room" height is 5 ft 2 in

Sorry for the boring thread filled with my own edits!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:13 AM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Welcome to the Party.

Might be good to start flowering when the plants are almost 12-16 inches tall in such a small space.

If they double in height you won't have much room to play with. It's better to have smaller plants
that are not stressed out. Then to grow a jungle where the plants are all touching the roof and
they are too close to the lights. With each grow you can fine tune as you go.

BTW: Once you get 50 posts you'll be able to edit posts and send PM's.

Waiting for Government approval sucks.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 01:21 PM #7
Pumpkin

Pumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to behold
Can you dedicate more space? You are going to run into some problems I can't help you with in that space. It's not impossible, but it is making it hard on yourself. More rewarding results are found with more space. If you live in a tiny home, sure try it. If you live in a normal home, find more space.
Pumpkin is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 01:26 PM #8
Pumpkin

Pumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to beholdPumpkin is a splendid one to behold
If nothing else, find more height and split your grow vertically. 2m high, and 1.5m for flowering and .5m for veg. Or just use the whole space for veg and flower and don't waste space with a perpetual nightmare.
Pumpkin is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 01:28 PM #9
Pumpkin

If my plants lived in a cupboard, i'd probably just do the one plant and fill it. (If femanised or clone)
Pumpkin is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2020, 01:31 PM #10
Pumpkin

If it looks like a success, i'd start a plant a few weeks before harvest somewhere else, even outside or by a window to swap out when it is done.
Pumpkin is offline Quote