What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making a Medicial Marijuana Friendly PGR Regimen

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
This is a collection of data that Iv'e made over the past 6 months on what I thought would be useful to growing better Cannabis using Plant hormones & Plant Growth Stimulants.
:biggrin:
Every 14 days for plant hormones.
............................................................................................................................

Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 1st January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.
...............................................................................................
Triacontanol w/v 2.5%: Use as foliar spray at 0.125 ml per 1.5
liter's of water every 6th day in veg & every 3rd day in flower
until harvest, safe on food crops until harvest.

Application Rates of Triacontanol:
8 ml per 100 L
4 ml per 50 L
2 ml per 25 L
1 ml per 12.5 L
0.75 ml per 9.375 L
0.5 ml per 6.25 L
0.25 ml per 3.125 L
0.125 ml per 1.5625 L
&
0.100 ml per 1 L

..................................................................................................
(Semi-Synthetic Cytokinin) Kinetin (6-Furfurylaminopurine): Active
in the 1-10 PPM 0.8 PPM kinetin range. Best suited to be used on
seedlings & younger plants during the first month of vegetative
growth, where 6-Benzylaminopurine is better suited for applications
during later stages of growth and flowering / fruiting.
May interfere with femaleness in diecious plants?
NEW.

...............................................................................................
Kelpak Auxin (IAA): 6th January then every 14 days until flower.
Switch to Nutri-Kelp Powder - Ascophyllum nodosum Cytokinin until 2
weeks before harvest.

................................................................................................................
Brassinolide @ 0.15% Purity (BL): Use all through vegetative period
every 14 to 21 days & (1) or (2) times in flowering period (1st)
application: Flower Initiation & then (2nd) application at the 4th
week of flowering at application rates of 0.1 PPM to 0.15 PPM,
depending on how much stretch you want. Another application rate is
adding 0.1 grams of 0.15% Brassinolide to 2 liter's of water, achieving a 0.075 PPM.
Works with Auxin (IAA).
NEW.

.................................................................................................................
Harpin Alpha Beta Protein (Halo): Mixg HALO in water at a dilution
rate of 10 ml per liter of water and apply with a sprayer. A
HALO 2.5 g soluble sachet will give maximum benefit when mixed with
500 ml of water. Mixed in 1 liter of water it will be less
concentrated but still offer great results. In general apply at the
start of flower & every 2 weeks through flower and once during the
last week. Apply twice in veg in dilute amounts, quarter to half strength.
Harpin protein stimulates Jasmonic acid. Activates (SAR), systemic acquired resistance, in plants. Edible crops can be sprayed right
up to the day of harvest.
Synergism with Chitosan. & (Salicylic Acid, Not needed).
NEW.

..................................................................................................................................
Chitosan Oligosaccharide (Poly-(D)glucosamine): Used as foliar spray at 100 ppm in flower
from week 2 through to week 4. Like Methyl Jasmonate but weaker in producing SAR effect & less terpene stimulation or a different stimulation but is a fact that methyl jasmonate increases limonene in Cannabis & decreases others like Pinene.
Side note:
"1 Gram goes very far, 3 years potentially, use in homeopathic
doses."
NEW.

....................................................................................................................
(Synthetic Cytokinin) 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP): Used as a foliar
Spray at rates of 0.1 g to 0.3 g per 1 liter of water to achieve 100 to 300 PPM. Use at
week 2 to end of week 4 of flowering along side Nutri-Kelp Powder -
Ascophyllum Nodosum Cytokinin.
6-BAP will stop all natural upward growth & concentrate on
flowering when used in doses of 300 or greater. Use 150 PPM until
the end of week 4 to avoid loss of upward growth, at the end of
week 4 use 300 to 500 PPM to fully utilize 6-BAP.
Can be used with Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa)
NEW.

........................................................................................................
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJa): 6th week to 8th week (depending on strain)
of flower after all bud has formed, as to not lose any bud mass.
Apply (MeJa) potentially three weeks before harvest.
1 mg per liter = 5 ug / PPM? concentration. Mix 1mg with ethanol
before adding it to water.
Requires refrigeration.
Dipping seeds in jasmonic acid will kick-start a plant's natural defenses against pests.
Will increase smell in most cases (Strain Dependent) especially to plants already with a high limonene terpene profile.
NEW.

...................................................................................................
Gibberellin (GA-3): Use Gibberellin with Methyl Jasmonate 6th week
to 8th week (depending on strain) of flower after all bud has
formed, as to not cause any stretch before harvest. Apply (MeJa/GA-3) potentially three weeks before harvest.

Gibberellin PPM Guide. ?
How much to apply? with (MeJa)........?.........?...............
PPM 50 - GA mg 125 Water 2400 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 200 - GA mg 125 Water 600 ml Purpose = early flower
PPM 800 - GA mg 125 Water 160 ml Purpose = blossom set
PPM 2000 - GA mg 125 Water 60 ml Purpose = Seed germ
1%paste - GA mg 125 Water 5 ml Purpose = growth promoter
Gibberellin and jasmonic acid together will have a synergistic effect on both trichome number and density, Jasmonic acid is also responsible for increasing THC within the trichome.
GA-3 increases the size of the trichome/resin glands allowing (MeJa)
to increases THC other cannabinoids & terpenes within them.
NEW.

A Question:
Pretext: Gibberellin's have to be used in such small/micro amounts that I am
having trouble determining how much to use for increasing the size
of the trichome/resin glands in conjunction with (MeJa) Methyl
Jasmonate to increase potentially the amount of THC other Cannabinoids & Terpenes,
Question: Has anybody figured out a safe amount/PPM of Gibberellin to use in late flowering and when I mean safe I mean without undesired stretch & mutations?

..........................................................................................................................................................
Sodium Nitrophenolate (Atonik): Apply at 6 day intervals from
early veg till 6th to 9th week of flowering (depending on strain)
Use 100-500 ppm, equivalent to the amount of 0.1-0.5 grams per liter.
Like Triacontanol.
Instead of signaling direct tissue growth effects as with more common PGS’s (Plant growth stimulants) ie. Triacontanol, nitro’s stimulate the production of important plant chemical antioxidants.
Nitro’s are fertilizer synergists, that can increase the absorption of the nutrients while balancing any antagonism between fertilizers. Feed through the root system to stimulates root growth.
Atonik is water soluble.
(1000 ppm Atonik?) Used on tomatoes with favorable results.
NEW.

.........................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................
Brassinolide (BL) & 6-Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP) For Vegetative Growth.

".01 ppm Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP showed healthy rapid growth in comparison to untreated plants Brassinolide .01 ppm on its own had no noticeable effects same with 50 ppm 6-BAP. A concentration of 0.1 ppm Brassinolide caused the leaves to curl and growth to slow in comparison to the control. 500 ppm 6-BAP caused extreme mutation of the leaves and a complete halt in upward growth resulting in a small bush like thing with more leaves then I can count. 100 ppm 6-BAP caused a perfect topping effect at every node of the plant without slowing upward growth noticeable resulting in a tall bushy plant, pretty much an instant mother for taking more clones off of.
Foliar feed young plants in there first month with .01 ppm
Brassinolide and 50 ppm 6-BAP; combined for some incredible growth."

"Another big bonus. If you spray MJ with 300 ppm of Brassinolide at
the end of the (4th week to 7th week depending on strain) of
flowing; there is a dramatic increase in bud growth. Combined with
the earlier spraying of Brassinolide in veg, the end result is
outstanding in terms of quality and yield."
..........................................................................................................................................................

Quote:
..The plant can achieve what it could of done in a shorter amount of time.

:tiphat:

POTENTIAL HARVEST DATES

1. 18th of April to the 2nd of May pull Scott's OG
2. 9th of May to the 16th of May pull Killa-Watt's
3. 16th of May to the 23rd of May pull Lucky Charms

Peace all & Happy Growing.

Just wondered if you ever used this regimen and if so what were the results?

BayBHuey

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
(Semi-Synthetic Cytokinin) Kinetin (6-Furfurylaminopurine): ...
May interfere with femaleness in diecious plants?
Nice list!
Though I haven't read it all yet, I'd like to point out that cytokinins applied to hemp have been shown to cause 'femaleness' in genetic male plants. Like with all plant hormones, the effect on sex expression is species dependent.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Just wondered if you ever used this regimen and if so what were the results?

BayBHuey

That list is inaccurate......some of the numbers and info are way off.
And as I state in my hormone thread this is all timing and strain dependent!
good luck
shag

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
@shaggyballs, I realize that his regimen seems way over done I am curious to see if he ever tried it and if so what his results are.

Cannabis thrives under many conditions :greenstars: but with that regimen I think a quick death :deadhorse or some type of mutation :abduct: .

But who knows so I ask

BayBHuey

shaggyballs

Veteran
LOL I love the grafix!!!!!

I am very curious also.

Ausie was just a hit and run kinda guy.
I don't think he will respond.
I PM'd him with no response.

Bongstar420

I claimed that genetics are more important than hormone therapy.

You are correct, hormones cause differing RNA expression without altering the base DNA code (in the vast majority of cases anyways).

My point is superior plants outperform doped up inferior plants. Why don't we all just spray hormones on hemp plants if you can "dope" your way to success?

The PGR friendly regime for meds that I eluded to is to use organic sources. I gave people the opportunity to figure out that all growth hormones can come in the form of "organic fertilizer."

And here is a freebie. Cytokinins do not increase resin and do not alter quality significantly. They increase yield and branching. They will be ineffective on plants that are bred to have maxed out cytokinin biosynthesis (super bushy, 2L sized cola plants with just nutrients-I've got Cannatonic banging like that now next to golf ball rock hard nugs of a different plant, no hormones). If you are too early with the Cytokines in the veg cycle, you will get males. This is supported by research and tests I conducted years ago. Spray your young seedlings with it, go ahead.

The reason bag seed can outperform "marketed" strains is not because of the inherent nature of the bag seed. It is simply because the breeder is irrelevant if you happen to luck out on superior genetics anyways- which I have done multiple times. I will take a superior plant with no name vs an inferior one with a hugely popular name. Consumers are starting to fall inline with this construct- who cares about likely inaccurate names, just opt for the chron.

The genetics of the plant and the environment do play a huge role in yield, however; hormones do not as you claim cause the plant to have altered genetics, the hormones are simply causing the plant to express different traits. depending on which PGRs you are using in particular they will indeed decrease yield. To my knowledge increasing the levels of cytokins will increase resin production and decrease yield. As far as what you said about bag seed plants that will outperform anything on the market and what you said about PGRs it causes me to believe that you are lacking what this thread is all about, and that is a "friendly" regimen in which PGRs may be applied. Stay sassy and carry on my fellow student of advanced growing science!

Only Ornamental

Veteran
If you are too early with the Cytokines in the veg cycle, you will get males. This is supported by research and tests I conducted years ago. Spray your young seedlings with it, go ahead.
Sure? Do you have some literature regarding this? Not that I don't trust you, I simply ask because I found only something on male hemp becoming phenotypically female ('hermie') and Mercurialis annua (which often reacts similar to hemp with regard to hormone influenced sex expression) showed sex reversal for both sex (which was explained by the 3 allosomes which dictate cytokinin susceptibility, a mechanism absent in hemp AFAIK). On the other hand, gibberellins are known to induce 'maleness' in hemp and cannabis (applied to seeds or mature plants).

Sounds like a worthwhile experiment to me :) . Only thing I don't like here: I don't know the sex of a seedling unless it were from 'feminised' seeds.

Bongstar420

Sure? Do you have some literature regarding this? Not that I don't trust you, I simply ask because I found only something on male hemp becoming phenotypically female ('hermie') and Mercurialis annua (which often reacts similar to hemp with regard to hormone influenced sex expression) showed sex reversal for both sex (which was explained by the 3 allosomes which dictate cytokinin susceptibility, a mechanism absent in hemp AFAIK). On the other hand, gibberellins are known to induce 'maleness' in hemp and cannabis (applied to seeds or mature plants).

Sounds like a worthwhile experiment to me :) . Only thing I don't like here: I don't know the sex of a seedling unless it were from 'feminised' seeds.

This is the best google will give me now without substantially more effort:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00391176#page-1

My results for 50 ppm at the 3 leaf stage was 80% males under HPS hortilux. My variety is obviously not the same as theirs. BAP makes for otherwise robust and bushy growth after the 3 leaf stage without influencing sex. It will induce more femaleness on females during flowering as far as I know.

As a note, one time I had 100% MALES from untreated, organic seed (was probably just a hermie strain with strong maleness)- the seeds were immediately trashed.

shaggyballs

Veteran
May I add, this sex change is not observed in rooted female cuttings. AKA very short plants.

Also you sprayed 50 ppm on a seedling that small and it lived....Hmmm
Any pic's......this I would like to see.
Maybe it turned male due to stress.

There is a very smart guy here @ ICMAG that has showed me that the blatantly obvious conclusion, may not always be correct.

One must know all factors involved and they all need to be considered contributing factors to the ultimate outcome.
In your case you may ask, what contributing factors other than BAP may have had an influence on sex? Thus possibly having an effect on the end results.

My personal experience:
I have had no positive results with 50 ppm on small plants.
So I am very curious to see it.
Any help would be fantastic.
Shag

hydroLife

available .pdf files not usable?

available .pdf files not usable?

Hi, I just wanted to ask about the available. PDF files on the quotes, when I try and load them it says not a valid offfile and ccan't open?
Any ideas what I have this problem and does anyone else. Thanks

MoPho

I've been doing some testing with different strength at different stages etc.

The one that stands out the most right now (at least to me) was when I sprayed a few small sativa/indica hybrid plants (clones) that were about 6-8 inches tall. I used 150ppm of BAP6 and .1ppm of brass.

After about a week things started happening. The clones started to branch like a clone taken from a flowering plant. All branching came from almost the same area, grew twisted and single blade leaves. But after several weeks they started growing regular leaves. HOWEVER the part that was strange was the fact that the plants NO LONGER look like a hybrid. I've grown this strain for over a year now and the leaves are ALWAYS about 1-2 fingers wide. Now all the leaves are at least 3 fingers wide. If you saw the plants and I didn't tell you that they are sativa/indica you would swear they are pure indicas.

Plants over 1-1.5 foot tall sprayed with the same ppms did show signs of better vigor without this mutation.

Another thing I would like to mention is (maybe it is just a coincidence) spidermites population seem to explode after spraying with BAP and Brass. I do have a infestation from time to time and usually have it well under control. But the last few times I used BAP/Brass combo within a few days I would see a lot more spidermites. By this I mean usually I have to look really really hard to find them little critters, but each time I've used the BAP/Brass combo within a few days I could see them almost instantly.

This got me thinking/questioning. Each time I used the combo, I've noticed a stall in growth. So does this mean that the plants got injured and are more prone to infestation? OR did the explode in infestation is due to the fact that the plant growing faster than it would without the combo and in turn producing more of the food that the spidermites are eating?

PS I forgot to add that with this combo I also used Tria.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
The broad leaves are "normal" for that synergistic combination (which BTW works best on young plants, as you could see yourself). The combo also pushes the plant towards a SAR response. The thing is, SAR and ISR (the JA pathway) impart immunity against "opposing" diseases. IIRC spider mites fall in the category of phloem feeding insects and there it's rather tricky because immunity against some is triggered by SAR, against others by ISR (not to mention mixed forms). Looks like spider mites profit from the combo's SAR response ;( . Gotta go...

MoPho

Thanks OO,

Do you see a problem if I mixed the following and used as a weekly foliar regime?

Kelp extract
Fulvic Acid
Triacontanol (10ppm?)
Brass (.1ppm)
Bap6 (150-300ppm)
and maybe some
Epsom

(some where down the line I might include Chitosan)
Any chance of these having a negative effect on each other?

growdontsmoke.l

Hi all.

Most of you seem to know your shit so I thought I would seek advice.

I am really interested in brassinolide for the vegatative stage so I bought some from Power Grown and sprayed it at 0.1 ppm until water runoff. My plant is 39cm high with 6 nodes and I grow outdoors (it is currently in a greenhouse as I am yet to move outside). So I bought brassinolide because I would really like to see some 3Metre monsters come september. I know brassinosteroids are responsible for cell elongation and without them plants simply wouldnt grow -pls correct me I may not be well informed. I dont mind my plant stretching but I wouldnt want to lose my chunky stalk becuase the UK climate can be quite windy.

I have also bought 6-BAP and was wondering if I could use it with the brassinolide during veg?
If anyone has any info Id like to hear

Cheers

growdontsmoke.l

I sprayed very generously at 0.1 ppm at 8 o'clock last night and my plant has grown over 4cm since first spray.

I really think brassinolide could be the magical product after all.

Only issue is that insects seem to be attracted to the spray. I now have a few bites in my foliage but doesnt seem too much of an issue to be honest.

I am repeating application in 14 days and I feel like I could up the ppm to 0.15 or even 0.2 ppm. My plant seems to be taking it really well. Even after a single night the leaves are soaring and the plant generally looks vibrant and healthy.

I was debating playing the 'safe card' and getting evoponic elexir steroids but I would have had to spend about £300 to cover a whole season as I have a hundred odd male/female plants.

As I have a rainy climate something I was looking into is salycilic acid to help with botrytis/bud rot which is so common down here. Salycilic acid is said to assist a plant activating its 'alarm system' when attacked by pests or diseases. You can find it in willow bark but I'm not sure how I could create a foliar out of that. Anyone have any info?