What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking a good O/D strain for 45N

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Hey folks, I have been looking at several seed sites to try and choose a good strain to grow outdoors (guerilla, low-maintenance) at 45 N. I'm having a heckuva time going thru all the strains offered online, as I know little about them.

I am more familiar with older strains like ww, wr, nl, early pearl and friesland...but can't find much online so far.

Here's what I want out of the plants - mind-bending potency, as I have a good tolerance, and a finish in Sept. Yield - less important than potency, but a good yield is also wanted. Would also like the plants to be able to do okay with minimal visits to the site after planting.

Do not want autoflowerers, as I want to make clones.

Also want to keep the cost around or below 100 bones/pack, and would prefer to order from my own country to avoid border issues. I will go overseas if it's necessary tho.

Any suggestions from you guys? I wanted to find blockhead, or a nice sticky afghani but no luck so far.

Thanx for any suggestions... :rasta:

Peace

+Vibes

you ever try kootenay seeds, great white north, or east island seeds? they are from CA and all have legit early-potent finishers. good luck with your search :)

Alot of great bc genetics out there. Stick to that stuff and you wont go wrong. Texada Timewarp + BcAK47 stood out this year. Exceptional strains with good finishing dates, will grow these next year. Plus seeds are really cheap...

check out bcseedking and some others, no disappointments. just watch for some of the really early finishing strains as some may have auto in them. I had shit finish 2nd-3rd week of august that was an early sept. It may be a challenge to clone those... stick to the mid-sept and above stuff you should be good.

Mango turned out beautiful for me at about 43 north

I have had people tell me that they like it better than my Calizahr or even the Arjans Haze x Kalimist that I grew this year

Mental Floss is the BOMB--purple color, berry flavored, hash taste--but the mango is still damn close

and the Mango finished Sept 25th as opposed to the Mental Floss which didnt finish until Oct 15 and probably could have used one more week of good weather

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
MoeBudz^420..I am close to you and have grown several strains outside..I find the best are indica dominant strains mainly do best..for obvious reasons...But I have tried indoor genetics outside and most of the time the results are just as good as indoor..I get comments like"wow those look like indoor buds, i can't believe it's outdoor"...This year i grew out Rez's Chemdog and it turned out insanely good..So strong...
I would suggest these strains for your outdoor crop:
C-99 f2's- if you can find them anywhere(so fruity and wickedly potent and finishes by Oct 1
Deep Chunk crosses
Guerrilla Gold crosses(btw there are a few right now if you look at the bay)
Critical Mass-Mr Nice
Bog Bubble
Biddy Early or Biddy's Sister-Magus Genetics
Durga Mata-Paradise Seeds
Satori-Mandalla Seeds

just a few suggestions...

Good luck in your searches
peace
Chefboy

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
c99
NL#5 or NLxc99, NLxAK47, NLxbubblegum etc
almost anything from UDG
anything from east island seeds
timewarp (or a TW cross)
Mandala#1
Mango (aka papaya)
sweetooth#4

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Thanx again, I've done some searching and found a couple. I think we're gonna try a c99x ak47 cross, and some w. russian (ak47 x widow). Both stated 8 weeks/Oct, and the pix looked tasty indeed. c99 f2's were available, but sold out.

Looked good enuff to me... any opinions?

Peace

Last edited:

DR PONIX

hey man

hey man

u should check out uleashdagreen.net awesome genetics for the canadian climate there is a friesland bx 2 and some nice early strains from other breeders these ones were grown out at 45 north in ontario

1st one is a mighty amstel freeze mighty mite x amstel freeze 2nd mango x cali indica
3rd another mighty amstel freeze the MAF finished first of sept!

Attachments

• MAF 3.jpg
    MAF 3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 11
  • mango x cali end of sept 08.jpg
    mango x cali end of sept 08.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 7
  • MAF#3.jpeg
    MAF#3.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 6

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
I am more familiar with older strains like ww, wr, nl, early pearl and friesland...but can't find much online so far.

If you're familiar with old school strains go for it!
WW or WR from GHS or Nirvana are easy to obtain and strong for OD.
Aurora Indica and Ice comes to mind too for the hit.
If you want something earlier follow the other suggestions (biddy early, guerrilla gold, danish strains,...)
At 45N you can do a lot...

Peace

=K

Just putting this out there, don't grow GHS unless you know for sure it will finish in your climate and latitude. The finishing dates listed can be misleading to some. They are very broad and don't give the grower enough information.

"Beginning October northern hemisphere" CAN = Middle November 45 Latitude lol...