What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got in a fight with a dog

Spaventa

Veteran
I was sat in the front yard with the cat sat by me and a staf comes in from the street and goes for my cat. he had her back leg between his teeth. He took some persuading to let her go. both me and my cat are bleeding and a bit a dazed. Just called the vet.
picture.php

MrBungle

Sorry to hear about your run in with a dog.... It might not be a bad idea to score a small can of pepper spray my friend.... it will certainly slow down rambunctious dogs, and evil humans the same... make sure it has at least a 5 - 6 meter spray distance

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey spav,,,
sorry to hear but glad ya both ok,,,
poxy staffs when they lock on,,,
a visit to the owner when ya better i imagine,,,,,s2

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats messed up, would be pissed off if some dog attacked my cat in my yard. nothing worse then irresponsible owners of aggressive dogs.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shitty situation.

Their jaws can lock tightly. I use to walk a pair of assholes for someone. They rarely started a fight but between the two of them could take down anything short of a bear.

A swift kick to the chest will force them to exhale air. You have a fraction of a second to act and separate the dog from their target.

I am glad it ended so well.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shitty situation.

Their jaws can lock tightly. I use to walk a pair of assholes for someone. They rarely started a fight but between the two of them could take down anything short of a bear.

A swift kick to the chest will force them to exhale air. You have a fraction of a second to act and separate the dog from their target.

I am glad it ended so well.

yeah,,,,our Pitbull loved playing with other dogs and never showed aggression until a locals bully bastard of a staffy and a male tried a grab at our girl Pitbull,!,,,,
i had never seen her move so quick and she seemed to slide on her back and underneath the staff and clamped on and i have never ever heard a dog scream so much,,
i got her off him with the help of the shopkeepers bucket of water,,
sadly after that ,,she had to be muzzled as fighting instinct had kicked in so everytime she saw another dog she would go for it,,,
As a footnote,,,i was torn off the staffs owner who i wanted to sort,,this dog had already killed a oaps poodle and was on a warning so it picked on the wrong pitbull that day,,not something i would like to experience again but our Bo was just protecting herself,,,,s2

Green Squall

Do you live in a small neighborhood? I'd ask around and try to find the owner. What happened is not OK, especially in your own yard.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah,,,,our Pitbull loved playing with other dogs and never showed aggression until a locals bully bastard of a staffy and a male tried a grab at our girl Pitbull,!,,,,
i had never seen her move so quick and she seemed to slide on her back and underneath the staff and clamped on and i have never ever heard a dog scream so much,,
i got her off him with the help of the shopkeepers bucket of water,,
sadly after that ,,she had to be muzzled as fighting instinct had kicked in so everytime she saw another dog she would go for it,,,
As a footnote,,,i was torn off the staffs owner who i wanted to sort,,this dog had already killed a oaps poodle and was on a warning so it picked on the wrong pitbull that day,,not something i would like to experience again but our Bo was just protecting herself,,,,s2

poor dog, would you say you can never get her to stop her aggressive instinct with other dogs? you ever seen that dog whisperer guy? he would say your dog is being like that because she is left leading the pack, all she needs is you to make all her decisions for her and lead, lol. probably isn't that simple in reality i grant you.

St. Phatty

Sounds like one of your neighbors might be having some trouble controlling their animal.

I was attacked twice when I was younger. It's easier to deal with when you're younger.

I think one of the best "persuaders" around is a 3 foot long section of all-thread. Fantastic grip and you can add weights to give it the right balance and heft. Comes in 3/4, 5/8, and 1/2 inch threads.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
poor dog, would you say you can never get her to stop her aggressive instinct with other dogs? you ever seen that dog whisperer guy? he would say your dog is being like that because she is left leading the pack, all she needs is you to make all her decisions for her and lead, lol. probably isn't that simple in reality i grant you.

I dont believe that once " the extinct" kicks in ,,there is very much ya can do,,this was late 80s and before the dog whisperers etc and back then would have cost a whole heap of money and time,,
sad thing was our pitbull was around three when she had to protect herself and loved playing with other dogs until then but she loved the feeling to fight as pitbulls can much more and after that was always muzzled,,,,,
Gauis,,remember mate,,our pitbull who was female was attacked for no reason by a male staffie with lots of previous and a head like a giant,,,,,
we had never seen her behave in an aggressive way until that day and it wasnt learned behaviour ,,it was pure unadulterated instinct and its need to protect when under attack,,still was a fantastic,,loving dog even compared to our Rottweilers,,,,s2:tiphat:

mack 10

Veteran
instinct is instinct, once its triggered...
hope your cats ok mate.

im semi guilty of this kinda thing,cause one of my dogs hates cats,
which is fun as i also have a cat..lol

how would you breed that cat hating traits out?
is it even possible?

cause my dogs no cat even if you just spell out the word..
they cat psycics.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I dont believe that once " the extinct" kicks in ,,there is very much ya can do,,this was late 80s and before the dog whisperers etc and back then would have cost a whole heap of money and time,,
sad thing was our pitbull was around three when she had to protect herself and loved playing with other dogs until then but she loved the feeling to fight as pitbulls can much more and after that was always muzzled,,,,,
Gauis,,remember mate,,our pitbull who was female was attacked for no reason by a male staffie with lots of previous and a head like a giant,,,,,
we had never seen her behave in an aggressive way until that day and it wasnt learned behaviour ,,it was pure unadulterated instinct and its need to protect when under attack,,still was a fantastic,,loving dog even compared to our Rottweilers,,,,s2:tiphat:

sure, it's what you want them to do, protecting the family. but it would be nice if you could train her to only go into defense mode when the family is being attacked. but i know how it is, not criticizing at all. some dogs just have certain ticks, can be very hard to change their habits.

troutman

Seed Whore
I know people automatically blame the animals when stuff like this happens.

I personally blame the owners.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hope your cats ok mate.

is it even possible?

they cat psycics.

i think you can do it, check out the dog whisperer, he really has interesting strategy with problematic dogs.

Maple_Flail

just wow, Hope you and your little furry friend are ok!.

After my last dog encounter, I keep a wooden baseball bat out on the porch with me (no, you sick fuck, not to hit the dog but to have something other than my forearm to jam the things mouth open. )

As an owner of a Cat and a Dog, this sorta thing terrifies me on more then one level.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope your cats ok mate.

is it even possible?

they cat psycics.

its gonna be hard mack but one of those specialsits may help but cost a few quid i imagine,,,,
Thats one of the reasons why we went for a labrador cos we have two burmese cats,,,
i wanted a minature English bull terrier but told a no-no with cats as terriers could go the other way even after many years so we couldnt risk it and played safe,,,
best of luck though mucker,,,,,s2