What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Korean Natural Farming Methods/Techniques

crisduar

I have not used much fermented, this is the one that followed, I use earthworm humus as an amendment to the land I use and let rest the land I am going to use, moisten the earth with LAB or TAC. According to what I have read when you grow organic, the pH is not measured since microorganisms and organic matter buffer the pH outside the optimal ranges and carry them, in the case of this cultivation system I always hear about foliar and irrigation but not how to prepare the land to receive the fermented. thank you very much for sharing your experience I will be attentive to learn more about the behavior of ph in this fermented culture system.

S

Sertaiz

dakine, thanks for this large amount of info, it would make a good pdf. that looks like an uku head in the fish scraps. yes i know the pic is two years old..... but still nice uku!

sirius02

Very interesting infos ! Thanks.
Have you ever try to make a comparasion grow to see the differences between grow with this natural inputs and commercialy available organic fertilizer ?

Sunshineinabag

Just so you know! I adore scoby and I intend to use my kombuchas to perform with them accordingly! What a great thread amongst some not so great!

FermentingSpain

I have not used much fermented, this is the one that followed, I use earthworm humus as an amendment to the land I use and let rest the land I am going to use, moisten the earth with LAB or TAC. According to what I have read when you grow organic, the pH is not measured since microorganisms and organic matter buffer the pH outside the optimal ranges and carry them, in the case of this cultivation system I always hear about foliar and irrigation but not how to prepare the land to receive the fermented. thank you very much for sharing your experience I will be attentive to learn more about the behavior of ph in this fermented culture system.
Hi bro, Yess u are right, when it microbial activity it's nice there no problem with ph, even if u feed with WCA, that it's pure vinegar.
I've noticed that when not watering to much the soil, the microbes have not the right humidity, so they can not colonized the soil. My soil it's half coco half soil/work casting, so if there's no fungi activity and not much water it works like dried coco.

FermentingSpain

So I was reading at the forum and I found that humates are alkaline, so I've decided to measure some liquid worm casting I have, I got impressed.
The ratio of this liquid humus I got was 10ml per liter, but I think it was too much, but never had a problem with it, for my it's too soft, better form first weeks of seedlings, but can't compite with FAA.
This were the parameters:
-Liquid humus 10ml/L -> 8,3 // 0,21ec
-Liquid humus 4,5ml/L -> 7,8-7,9 // 0,14ec

I mixed it with everything to see how it changes.
- 1ml faa + 5ml humus -> 7,4 ph // 0,30ec
- 1ml faa + 10ml humus --> 7,8 ph // 1

I've made the normal mix FAA + OHN (0'2ml/L) and added some sea water and liquid humus to see how it changes
- 0,2ml/L + 1ml FAA + 3-4 ml sw + 10ml humus --> 7,1 ph // 0,9 ec
- 0,2ml/L + 1ml FAA + 1 o 2 ml sw + 5ml humus -> 6,5 -6 ph // 0,70 ec

FermentingSpain

I'm feeding with this last mix, but not adding sea water eveerytime, foliar feeding just with FAA, everything normal no problem with ph or anything now, but fuck half seeds were fucked couple weekz:cry:

Kozmo

Veteran
Sea water substitute

Sea water substitute

What would a guy do for sea water when he lives in the Midwest?

crisduar

I'm feeding with this last mix, but not adding sea water eveerytime, foliar feeding just with FAA, everything normal no problem with ph or anything now, but fuck half seeds were fucked couple weekz:cry:

I am glad that you solved the problem, I wanted to work the fermented ones but the ph worries me, I make you compost aerated but I am still investigating how to feed my plants in vegetative and flowering. my left is 80% composted recycled earth and 20% earthworm humus, this going from boats to super soil but many of the things that are needed are not found standing where I live
Do you SST spruod seeds tea?
Saludos desde España.

Saludos

Symbios

Yoooo thank you all for the amazing info, I will be trying out many knf techniques this season both in the veggie garden and on some lovely mk, will keep you posted if I do a side by side