What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

Heusinomics

When I got my dinomite seeds form the emery shop in vc. I org actually asked marijuana man for the macado. Alas they were all out and I was told the by mj man that the Dino was the same stock. This was in winter '04.
We stayed at that Sativa Sisters bed n break, I wonder if that spot is still running?.. Whata trip!...(got riped on the strip in vc n was literally sold gro floor sweepings w perlite n peat. FML. I was 22ha)
I never was able to track down weather they were a dif gen or not. But it's well documented the next gen stock is sup to b 7th gen Grapfruit bx.

Iv kept that cut tight eversence. I don't flower it regularly but still keep it for flav and seed runs for unique X's.

It really does hav that loud FRUIT berry Pommelo & Grapefruit funk. Along w a sorta musky antique shop smell.
Simply Devine. And whoaly underrated. Glad your still getting cuts of it out there.

Big ups respect and happy growing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got an event on 4-23 to share but not sure if posting a fb link is a TOU faux pas.
Please PM me if you're interested in attending.

Honestly, About a half a million dollars...If you can't cover that you can't cover state lic. laws. End of story. You might squeak by about 10-12 plants through other channels but unless you got cash to throw down I would say stay where you are.

I've seen a CO Sprgs license for 200k. I also know of a turn key 80 light OPC and Dispo for 1.5M.

I'm not really sure what to think about those prices.

State licenses are around 9k in app fees, if you go through the whole process, and I think it takes around 9-12 months for approval.

The facility, build out, and utilities are the capital intensive aspects.

MileHighGlass

Here's my current round 10 days into flower. It's 6 20 gallon notill pots under 2 600 watt lights. They have had nothing but water for the past 5 weeks. When I veg I turn down the lights so you can see some run off water marks on one of the pots. I have yet to dial in how much water when the lights are turned down. The easy thing would be to not run down the lights. :)

In the back you can see a "pitcher" plant hanging. It is carnivorous, and attracts flies, and gnats. All I have to do is water it, and it eats shit for me.

I'm going to be moving in a few months so I will be getting back to having more in flower. Can't wait.

Heusinomics

Wtf. Is up w this.

It said clearly they found 2000 plants.
But the charge is for growing more than 30..

So there's no dif from growing 35 or 3500?...

FML 30 is not enough for a room of moms or even afew seed pops. Rediculis.
I fucking hate fake legalization "regulations".
Fuck limits

But b safe
Big ups respect and happy growing.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what needs to be remembered about these busts and the "news coverage" that follows; until court documents are publicly available, we really dont know how and why these busts happened - truth is that feds and locals work together big time.... best bet is people get caught with federal crimes (sending out of state) but get dealt with locally (inter-agency task forces) and cases stay in state courts (usually). local cops tell the media whatever talking point they want spouted out over the bullhorn (in this case "30 plants can get you busted").

so many sad stories of local cops fucking with growers who are not THAT big, grows that conceptually (potentially) could be patient grows who are simply growing their own meds in accordance with consitutional amendments and state law but NOT in accord with local statutes. problem really occurs when someone starts sending out of state and go awry of federal laws; in turn feds bring a case in and locals run it thru their rinky-dink regulations just to shut people down that have attracted federal attention one way or another, patient or not, state, local, constitutional.... all that goes out the window once shit goes out of state and feds get wind of it.
my 2 cents....

Last edited:

Jbomber79

Veteran
Your spot on Avi this cat in DGO got popped go 300+ plants It was the out of state distribution that got him put on the radar not the fact he was over plant count

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant count is what then pin on you when can't really prove anything else - rather i should say it's much easier to provide evidence of being over plant count than of out of state distribution. the re-distribution is assumed ime

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning folks...
Just wanted to say thanks for the replys & Avi thanks for the words in PM.

I'd have gotten back to everybody yesterday but I was super busy playing at Wolf Creek. Man it was a blast! First time in about 10 years I've ridden my board down the mtn. Rental boots suck tho. Lol

Here's that link to the Apr 23 get together...
Hehe... I just noticed they spelled Cannabis wrong too.
https://m.facebook.com/events/1170333849646598

I dont do facebook, this is a friend of mine not connected to IC in any way.

Jhhnn

Veteran
what needs to be remembered about these busts and the "news coverage" that follows; until court documents are publicly available, we really dont know how and why these busts happened - truth is that feds and locals work together big time.... best bet is people get caught with federal crimes (sending out of state) but get dealt with locally (inter-agency task forces) and cases stay in state courts (usually). local cops tell the media whatever talking point they want spouted out over the bullhorn (in this case "30 plants can get you busted").

so many sad stories of local cops fucking with growers who are not THAT big, grows that conceptually (potentially) could be patient grows who are simply growing their own meds in accordance with consitutional amendments and state law but NOT in accord with local statutes. problem really occurs when someone starts sending out of state and go awry of federal laws; in turn feds bring a case in and locals run it thru their rinky-dink regulations just to shut people down that have attracted federal attention one way or another, patient or not, state, local, constitutional.... all that goes out the window once shit goes out of state and feds get wind of it.
my 2 cents....

I suspect that a lot of growers came to CO because it's safer to grow while supplying their customers just the same. It probably works well until it doesn't, until something like a traffic stop draws the heat. From there it can go to Hell in a hurry for them.

They'll need all the luck they can get.

Your not crazy Smurph, that dynamite does smell almost exactly like warm Hawaiian punch. I love it!

Milehigh, those plants are looking super healthy. I've recently started using tropf blumat's which basically auto water for each individual plants needs. Once you get them dialed in I've they basically just keep the plant at the same water saturation by dripping back whatever the plant drinks up. I've heard that they work really well with no till. I'm hoping to test them out on some no till next run, but right now it's just straight coco and jacks for me. Anyway, I've loved the results and mostly not having to be a slave to watering my plants.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Your not crazy Smurph, that dynamite does smell almost exactly like warm Hawaiian punch. I love it!

Milehigh, those plants are looking super healthy. I've recently started using tropf blumat's which basically auto water for each individual plants needs. Once you get them dialed in I've they basically just keep the plant at the same water saturation by dripping back whatever the plant drinks up. I've heard that they work really well with no till. I'm hoping to test them out on some no till next run, but right now it's just straight coco and jacks for me. Anyway, I've loved the results and mostly not having to be a slave to watering my plants.

When eighths-n-aces befriended me & turned me on to blumats & his soil mix it upped my game in a yuuuge way.

Once the soil is mixed & aged & the girls are in their pots it's ridiculously easy. I just watch for pests & problems, give 'em some ewc tea when I'm feeling guilty about doing nothing. Even 12 week strains go seed to harvest on water alone.

I joke that it's the most expensive dirt in the world but it's worth it.

MileHighGlass

I've always shied away from blumats because I wanted to get into every plant everytime I water. I can see the benefit, but for me I'm just not there yet. With mixing em's, compost teas, plant teas, etc.. I just water everyone for now. I bet within the next couple of years i switch though.

S

SooperSmurph

So... through arrangements I can't entirely reveal, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa will be sampling my flowers on 4/20.

Smurph is back.

No, this is not an April Fool's post.

R

!RA!

So... through arrangements I can't entirely reveal, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa will be sampling my flowers on 4/20.

Smurph is back.

Nice work bro, let us know how that goes. :tiphat:

MileHighGlass

Smurph is back.

I was told Fetty Wap recently smoked some of my chocolate thai. I didn't know who the fuck that was though. I had to google it. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts