What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Teacher mushroom batch.... well half of it ...

C

cyber echo

Greets ppl,
Never saw this subforum till now.
I've been growing shrooms bulk for a while.. using DIY tools only.
I don't have much to work with here...

Secondgrow.jpg

The other half was harvested before I took the picture, hence the empty half of the tub. (I was TOO high and happy to see the harvest I just started insta-pluckin em out)

There is some curling due to excessive moisture, but its all good doesn't matter after you dry em up.

Overall yield was 90grams dry from each flush, two flushes, this is the second flush. It was really alot of shrooms, all my friends tripped balls :p

Explanation of the setup:
1)I started with prints, this is Golden Teacher btw, and made syringes.
2)Made pure wbs seed jars and inoculated and let them go for 7-9 days in heat tubs. Heat tubs are basically just two tubs stacked over each other with something seperating them in between, full of water, and a fish tank heater set to 30C in between, the whole thing covered with clean blankets to keep things clean and toasty.
3) Prepare the bulk tub. Took a big tub (those that come with wheels) put 6 holes at the same height (where you'd want the casing layer to be), stuff them with sterilized polyfill.
4) Prepare bulk medium, pure straw in my case, easy to use and FAST. Cook them at 80c for an hour or so and you've got them pasteurized.
5)Crumble 100% colonized and clean WBS jars into the straw. Mix em up like a salad. Leave them still for a week with NO LIGHT.
6) Add casing layer, pure coco in my case, you need to keep this moistured up else it'll become solid-like and kill your mycoculture.
7) Wait till the casing layer is 50% colonized and start giving the blue lights.
8) Harvest within 5-7 days.

For a moisturizer, I had to go DIY. I used an air pump placed in a sterile tub with polyfill holes to insure clean air, connected to another tub with SALTY water (really high concentration) and having a fish-tank fogger inside. (Those gadgets that you put 2cm under the water inside a fish-tank and they make a spooky fog on the water).
The foggy tub is then connected to the growing tub from the top. To ensure equal distribution of moisture, I put a plastic cup under the hole where the tub is connected and punctured holes around the circumference. Now the fog travels in all directions horizontally instead of straight down. (The whole rig is connected to a timer as to not be working 24/7. And even then I overdid it a bit)

Hope this makes it clear.
If you need to ask questions feel free.
Enjoy !

ps: To scale things up, the caps on the biggest mushrooms were around 10cm diameter. The big shrooms have smaller shrooms under them. They were all quite densely packed in.
Straw/Coco casings pin up and flush like CRAAAAZZYYYY, but harder to keep alive.

ps2: Excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes. Very high while writing this .... lol

C

cyber echo

Thanks..
That was actually the first flush.
Here's the second.
imgp0899u.jpg

C

cyber echo

While I'm at it check this big shroom I got 2 years ago (before the above pics).
cambodianlongstem.jpg

Cambodian Long Stem strain.
Was delicious ;]
Ate it fresh along with it's siblings.

ps: sorry about shitty quality, low lights and used a phone cam back then ..

I was thinking about doing a small shroom grow, any advice on what strain I should get for the first timer. I was thinking about ordering a kit but not sure if I want to risk it. Very nice looking booms there.

sgtpepper

im trying ecaudorian for my first try in the next few days. suppose to be good for begginers?
wouldnt bother a kit...

I was thinking about doing a small shroom grow, any advice on what strain I should get for the first timer. I was thinking about ordering a kit but not sure if I want to risk it. Very nice looking booms there.

a nice easy one to try for a first timer is cambodian it has fast growing mycelium some resistance to contams and medium size fruits

cyber echo nice grow there man makes me want to get my shroom growing equiptment out to play !

C

cyber echo

B+ give mostly hollow stems ... dunno...

Cambodian was rather easy and forgiving,,

Golden teacher was VERY Rhizomorphic.. you can tell from the way my casing layer colonized... it pinned up like crazy...
Maybe its because I used pure straw.

Thanks for the kind words people.

ps: I never did PF-TEK btw... cakes seemed like a waste of time. I went straight to bulk growing, and the rewards were .... well you can obviously see ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts