What's new

Is getting stoned the same as getting high?

b8man

Veteran
Hi :wave:

Is it the same?

If so could you consider getting drunk to be getting high (there's a euphoric edge to it isn't there)?

Just wondering.

B8 :joint:

NOKUY

Veteran
nahhh to me stoned is 5 hits and high is 2 hits (choose your device...just a metaphor)

getting drunk is is not getting high or stoned.

drunk is errr..welll....ill let others explain drunk.

ill just compare high and stoned..... and I'd rather be stoned, but I'm usually high.

aiight :wave:

C

Classyathome

NOKUY said:
nahhh to me stoned is 5 hits and high is 2 hits (choose your device...just a metaphor)

getting drunk is is not getting high or stoned.

drunk is errr..welll....ill let others explain drunk.

ill just compare high and stoned..... and I'd rather be stoned, but I'm usually high.

aiight :wave:
Yup - what he said...

BrainBoy

I'd rather be high all day then stoned for a couple of hours personally. When I'm high, I feel like I'm still able to do everything that I'd do in a normal day (short of working with power tools or fire). Stoned, for me is 3 bong rips, and I become a couch potato.

b8man

Veteran
Interesting.

So wouldn't you say that first beer gets you "high"? It's not quite drunk.

BrainBoy

I'd say the first few beers gets you tipsy.

The effects of drinking and smoking are for me in no way comparable.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
i'll say that Yukon is about spot on with the high and stoned. Often im "high" just off of my general mood. im really energetic, fun, brutally honest. Drunk isn't a high to me, it's more of a.......im not sure. It just takes my mind off of things and makes me not give a ****. I really dont give a **** about most things anyways, so dont drink that often, but when i do drink i usually do it big.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
getting high AND getting stoned are the same thing in my book...

along with:

blazed
toked out
blitzed
rocked
lit up
chinked the fuck out
geeked

NOKUY

Veteran
Ganico said:
When I hear "stoned" I think of a narcotic buzz, like indica.

yep indica kik your ass ...dont move from the couch blockhead shit! thats "stoned"

sativa can get u high...but they still make me stoned w/ a bunch. :bashhead:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and actually getting 'stoned' is a term refering to being drunk as well, it's from the old days for sure.......

of course if you were to hear someone say, "He's all doped up!" well, can we all say redneck?

And I'm more or less going with NOKUY on this one, 2 hits = high, 5 = stoned.

Last edited:
4 me, alchohol is no comaprison, and it makes me fat, i don't ALWAYS get munchies thou...

and stoned is more physical :bashhead: ~ :joint: hi more mental

me hi. he he :joint:

Last edited:
G

drinking just gives me an excuse to get my hands all over the hottest girl in the room and if she doesn't like it......blame it on the drink :p

just kidding...........but seriously

when i think high im thinking more sativa leaning stuff, or kinda more buzzed but still functional. just increases the enjoyment of an activity, makes me smiley, more talkative, etc.

stoned for me is taking a few hits too many (or just enough if i've just crashed badley on my mtb or wanting to go to sleep) and just kinda getting knocked off into a nonfunctional state of couch lock.

im not sure that the 2 hits high/ 5 hits stoned thing works for everybody......seemed nokuy was just giving an example based on his tolerance level and what he's smoking. for me it varies strain to strain and by smoking method.

for example, smoking .5g of herb A from a bong will get me more stoned than smoking the same herb and same amount in a J., which will usually leave me with a medium, slightly longer lasting high as compared to bongloads taking down .25g each hit.
(won't get into the efficiency discussion, but the speed of smoking it seems to affect me too)

so in conclusion.....

high=functional happy
stoned=melt into my couch for evvvvvvverrrrrr

ninjashoes

High is when you still have energy left, stoned comes after high or when smoking heavy indica which can also lead to asleep.

G

usually if u say your "high" it means your on a diferent drug like coke.. "stoned" is what happens when u smoke weed.

G

their are different types of high, if i get too high I'll usually just slouch and not say anything and feel all anxious. i like the highs that make you creative and make everything seem colourful and interesting/funny. i don't get that often though