What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How can they tell

Every time I walk into a restaurant a wait person always says "Smoking". I've went into the restroom and looked to see if my eyes were red, smelled myself to see if I smelled like weed etc. and I couldn't tell ...accept I knew I had been.

So anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how they can tell.

Usually , smokers can't smell themselves. But if you don't smoke cigs, smokers reek.
I have an elderly friend I visit and she smokes ( at 80 , she could care less). I wear old clothes when I go over, because even if I am only there 15 minutes,my clothes stink. It sucks sometimes, because I have gone over in nice clothes on holidays and then have to change.

I can tell from the stink, or the lines and leathery skin around the mouth and face , but that usually only on older smokers. it's pretty bad for your skin.

If you smoke right before you go in, you still stink.

They don't let people smoke in restaurants here. Thank goodness...

My father in law just passed. He spent a lot of time in bars with his golf buddies. The doctors thought he was a smoker because his lungs were so bad. It was from all the second hand smoke in the bars!

G

gmb

This is true. When you smoke, your sense of smell sucks(especially when it comes to cigarettes). It may also be that denim jacket you're wearing that you bought with marlboro miles.

marx2k

Veteran
I quit smoking some time ago, and when I was a smoker, I could never tell who smoked and who didn't, but now at work, after a smoker comes in from the outside having just smoked, they smell like total ass.

But with weed, you can sometimes tell with smell but only if you've been hotboxing it. You should just ask next time why that person supposes you want the smoking section.

Personally, I'm surprised some restaurants still have a section for smoking ;)

G

gmb

Yeah..I'm trying to quit cigarettes. Down to about 3-5 a day compared to a pack(and sometimes more) a day. Been chewing betelnut @ work instead of smoking (I work with a bunch of folks from Palau...and am TRYING to get seeds). Hope I can totally kick the habit in a few week

G

some places will ask just bascially seeing if you will take the first available seating or if yo uonly want a non-smoking section seat. doesn't always mean you smell or look like a smoker.

G

wow you live in a place that still allows smoking in restaurants? I didn't know smoking and non-smoking sections still existed in restaurants. everywhere i've been they don't allow smoking inside anywhere anymore, even bars in most places

I live in a tobacco state in the south and smoking is just a aprt of life for most people. I smoked for many years and thankfully quit. Your slowly seeing bussiness around here make their establishments non-smoking but for the most part there is a smoking section and a non smoking section. exactly how it should be. the government shouldn't be telling businesses if they can have smoking or not especially when the place is seperated for smokers and non-smokers.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
gmb said:
Yeah..I'm trying to quit cigarettes. Down to about 3-5 a day compared to a pack(and sometimes more) a day. Been chewing betelnut @ work instead of smoking (I work with a bunch of folks from Palau...and am TRYING to get seeds). Hope I can totally kick the habit in a few week

Trading one carcinogen for another- but great that you are trying to quit cigarettes anyway!

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Are you sure it isnt the cig hanging out of your trache hole?

realitythroth.bmp

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
betel is a lot less damaging than cigs though (at least lungwise)
just dont use the prepackaged shit (pan pran or w/e) and get some piper leaf and good nuts and you'll be good, and brush your teeth and drink tons of green tea
betel is good shit though
a much ore potent nootropic too

cant smoke in restaurants etc. here either
I hate cigs but i still think its BS
I just dont go where there is a ton of smoke
****ing wreaks anyways
why people smoke manufactured cigarettes I will never understand
img0855ff1.jpg

mmm homegrown N.rustica!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts