What's new

Light and making seeds?

maimunji

Hi I want to make some f2 and want to ask is lights matter when you produce seeds? I plan to flip some male and females clones and leave them to flower in small space under 125 w cfl. Is this light will be enough to produce healthy seeds?

positivity

Veteran
I've made seeds before with a 90w - 1w led light equal to the lowest quality stuff on eBay now. The seeds were all viable and it worked well enough. The only bad thing I noticed was maybe more funny shaped seeds or immature seeds in the mix.
The CFL should work about the same if not better than what I used at the time. It does not take much to produce a few hundred seeds. Think I was averaging 150-200 seeds a plant per 90w.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i did a small bean run a few years back in my closet under 8x 23w CFLs and reaped an assload of seeds so i'm thinking that light of yours will do just fine.

...assuming of course that that light is 125watts ACTUAL and not the incandescent equivalent that is.

peace, bozo

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
I’ve made seeds before using 40 watt standard floros. They just take longer to mature but are still normal and viable.

Latest posts

Latest posts