What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what do you look for in a strain

whats your top preference when you grow

fof9yt.jpg

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Quality of high... that's what we smoke a psychoactive substance for, the rest should be complementary.

WelderDan

Veteran
Potency and taste. I don't sell it, so bag appeal and yield are not a factor.

And if it is really tasty, it doesn't have to be super potent. I don't always want to be totally blasted, so if it's tasty with a decent buzz I'm down with it.

Tynehead Tom

And if it is really tasty, it doesn't have to be super potent. I don't always want to be totally blasted, so if it's tasty with a decent buzz I'm down with it.

same here on all counts
potency and flavor all the way.

FireIn.TheSky

I like my buds like I like my pussy, not much hair. Other than that it needs to have very good resin coverage, high calyx to leaf ratio, acceptable smell and flavor. As a plus I really like strains with fat calyxs.

I will throw weed away if it has too much hair or of the resin isn't that good. It also cannot be susceptible to mold, I have foud some growth structure really invites mold, I don't like those big single cola indica doms that grow buds like logs, they always seem to get moldy in the summer months.

BigSmokey

All good answers guys, but ill go ahead and side with mustafunk on this one. With that being said, im assuming a certain strain could affect people differently due to body chemistry?

lotus710

terps over everything. then potency. i want it to be a cultivar i can use day n night that doesnt stretch a ton.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taste, sensation, length of time on sensation (high, pain relief, creative), no headache.

Easy of growing, looks of the plant (great structure).

Last edited:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
The STRENGTH of the buzz. Sledge hammer to the skull, concussion or narcotic type effects that last for 4-5 hours.:tiphat:

Same story here!

The Revolution

Veteran
I grow many different varieties, and look for many different things in each. Variety is the spice of life. At the moment, Ive got my heavy hitter, super sticky, potent, head buster for evenings, and vegging out (lemon Larry x Indiana bubblegum)..Ive got my Cannatonic #4 for 15/1 CBD/THC for back pain, nerve pain. Ive got the soaring sativas when I need to expand my mind, get creative, or just focus (mexicans, durbans). I find something special in many varieties.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Quality of high and flavor. Tolerance build up is important too. No need to grow it if it only impresses you sometimes. I also try to avoid strains that have a strong crash or comedown, or leave me lethargic or sleepy.

Most important I like to enjoy smoking it. I smoke a lot so I have to enjoy the high and every time, and preferably til the last puff.

I guess you could say I'd love to find a strain that produced the same effect of LSD, mushrooms or dmt. Although quite unlikely. Lol