Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
best blueberry you have grown smell/taste.. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 AM #1
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to behold
best blueberry you have grown smell/taste..

hey not sure how many responses this will get but ive had an obsession with blueberry since i bought some from a friend who was growing it back about 15 years ago.it had a blue/purpleish hue, smelt like the classic blueberry muffins/blueberry jam wasnt the strongest smoke but smelt good enough to eat. to this day i dont know what cut it was or what seedbank it came from but it was lush..so i thought id post to find out what representations of blueberry are still out there in seed for or what not. i saw this in the uk but i know theres plenty around. thing is im not sure if any seed company stocks what im looking for now??
siftedunity is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:25 AM #2
Jaymer
Back-9-Guerrilla☠

Jaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really niceJaymer is just really nice
what strain did ludacris have?

Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 AM #3
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
There is the famous original Blueberry by DJ Short. Good stuff, but expensive and you will have to pheno hunt a bit. I've grown it 2-3 times and had some nice plants.

Then there is Dutch Passion Blueberry, based on DJ stock. I haven't grown it, but have smoked a couple OK examples of it. Not as good IMO, but people have found keepers.

Sagarmatha also has a BB based on DJ stock, but I have no direct experience with it.

Then there is Peak Seeds BB. It's based on BB stock from several places (DJ, DP and SAG IIRC) and is quite nice. I've grown it and your description fits it very nicely. Excellent BB smell and taste, even on the exhale. And it's inexpensive. I would grow it again without hesitation.

Cherry Bomb x C99

When I was a young man, I was convinced I had the world by the tail. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the world had me by the tail the whole time, I just didn't know it.
WelderDan is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 AM #4
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymer View Post
what strain did ludacris have?
ludacris, i saw him on another forum. but i dont know what he grows? not sure why your asking me??

Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 AM #5
siftedunity
cant re Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelderDan View Post
There is the famous original Blueberry by DJ Short. Good stuff, but expensive and you will have to pheno hunt a bit. I've grown it 2-3 times and had some nice plants.

Then there is Dutch Passion Blueberry, based on DJ stock. I haven't grown it, but have smoked a couple OK examples of it. Not as good IMO, but people have found keepers.

Sagarmatha also has a BB based on DJ stock, but I have no direct experience with it.

Then there is Peak Seeds BB. It's based on BB stock from several places (DJ, DP and SAG IIRC) and is quite nice. I've grown it and your description fits it very nicely. Excellent BB smell and taste, even on the exhale. And it's inexpensive. I would grow it again without hesitation.
ive heard and seen alot of grows of recent dj blueberry grown and every single plant has hermied. dutch passion plants also always hermie. there genetics are just a joke now. if you had a good experience with these lately you are one of the few..peak seeds ive not looked into but it sounds interesting.. what is the yield like? is it sativa or indica dom? thanks for your reply man

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 AM #6
stasis
Registered Non-Conformist

stasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud of
Grew out a pack of True Blueberry DJ Shorts seeds in a greenhouse years ago. Pretty nice... Ran an old pack of Legend's Own "High End" which produced two great phenos. One like a Blueberry Bubba Kush, but taller. Kept it for years.. And a squat real DJ Short Blueberry pheno which yielded poorly, but tasted like the most wonderful Blueberry ever. Had poor resistance to disease, as well.

The Blue Dream clone, grown with caring, can be very tasty. With a Haze reek in the room, it has a good BB flavour

My vote on the best Blueberry flavour I have grown would be that small "High-End" pheno.

OR

The current local clone "Blue Cheese." I do not know the original source for this clone. But, it is always a joy to smell during growing and smoke after.

Stable: Relentless Seeds - White Cookies, White Pie, & Elmer's Glue - Dr. Krippling's Incredible Bulk (Green Spirit BX)

Present Pheno Searches: White Pie / GG4 / White Cookies open pollination beans - Moonshine Haze (RD)

2005-2007 Mendocino "Wild Wknd @ the Woodlands" judging - 6 ribbons in total w/2 1st Place.
stasis is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 AM #7
siftedunity
cant re Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasis View Post
Grew out a pack of True Blueberry DJ Shorts seeds in a greenhouse years ago. Pretty nice... Ran an old pack of Legend's Own "High End" which produced two great phenos. One like a Blueberry Bubba Kush, but taller. Kept it for years.. And a squat real DJ Short Blueberry pheno which yielded poorly, but tasted like the most wonderful Blueberry ever. Had poor resistance to disease, as well.

The Blue Dream clone, grown with caring, can be very tasty. With a Haze reek in the room, it has a good BB flavour.

My vote on the best Blueberry flavour would be that small "High-End" pheno.

Blue Dream greenhouse 2010

View Image

Or the current clone "Blue Cheese." I do not know the original source for this clone. But, it is always a joy to smell during growing and smoke after.
ive liked the look of bluedream but im not sure if its in the uk.. dj shorts is expensive and like i say ive seen too many seed of late go herm to buy them at those prices. i like the sound of the high end pheno, did you keep it? shame about the yield..

Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 AM #8
THE PABLOS

I've found only a single plant that tasted like Blueberries. It was a F1 Highend. Dead nuts accurate flavor.

Yup...it was a low yielder....and the only female I could never get to take on pollen. She rejected pollen.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 AM #9
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
I've never had issue with DJ Short gear and hermies, but the last time I grew DJ's BB was 2009. No experience with recent stock. Still running several Blue Moonshine crosses from the same time period (I like the heavier stone of the BM) and they take the abuse.

Peak gear was almost identical to DJ. Same nute sensitivity, same medium length node spacing, same Indica structure with some Sat characteristics. Medium yield in my estimation, but they will get big if you veg 'em. Buzz was a nice floaty mix, not zippy, but not couch lock. Very pleasant, social buzz. The taste was excellent, I had friends asking for it months after it was gone, even though I had more potent stuff.

Cherry Bomb x C99

When I was a young man, I was convinced I had the world by the tail. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that the world had me by the tail the whole time, I just didn't know it.
WelderDan is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:35 AM #10
siftedunity
cant re Member

ive seen some beautiful bluemoonshine plants. even from recent seed stocks of djs. mosca has the o time moonshine.. i wonder if there is a good blueberry in there.. anyone grown moscas??