What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Family Tree

Well, no one wanted to participate in my other thread...so I'll give this one a shot...it's my 33rd birthday today and here is the present I want from my ICmag fam...I want help constructing an OG Kush Family Tree of sorts...like the official "Crippie"
to Josh D/Bubba to everywhere (Oregon Kid, Ghost, B-Real, etc.) could be the Main Trunk and the most popular crosses & cuts could branch off from there and we could put the TK origins, the Supa Kauai line, etc. could serve as possible alternative lines...I just really wanna get a good grasp of the whole thing with a visual aid and thought the vast knowledge here could help with that.

Thanks in advance guys,
Lots of love.

JetLife175

Veteran
It all starts with the Josh D. That’s the cut that came from Florida. That’s the first plant ever called OG kush so that’s the first plant. What the actual genetics is anyone’s guess but if you were to start the Josh D is the mother of them all. The Josh D also goes by a few names... Tahoe,Fire,Ghost,BTY,Jew Gold, Club 33 just to start it off. If you really want a break down maybe when I get time we can talk about the dissemination of them or at least what I know.

Phylos is a good tool to use. It’s really easy to do some research for yourself and post here to spark the conversation. Maybe that’s why people aren’t contributing.

Look up the OG kush GAL303 on phylos universe. That’s where josh Ds cut lies. There are a lot of ways to go from there.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The problem with Phylos IS the groupings. I hated that they put the clusters in play. I'd much rather be able to break apart those clusters and see what leads to what and what came from what, rather than to say, these all possess a similar genetic marker indicating filial relationship.

dank.Frank

The Josh D also goes by a few names... Tahoe,Fire,Ghost,BTY,Jew Gold, Club 33 just to start it off. If you really want a break down maybe when I get time we can talk about the dissemination of them...

Here we go, this is definitely the meat & potatoes of what I want to talk about...all of those cuts came from Josh D but they have all bee grown differently throughout the years and become their own heirlooms of the OG, so I think we should definitely dive into them.

Phylos is a good tool to use. It’s really easy to do some research for yourself and post here to spark the conversation. Maybe that’s why people aren’t contributing.

Look up the OG kush GAL303 on phylos universe. That’s where josh Ds cut lies. There are a lot of ways to go from there.

Well, I already have looked at the Phyllis OG page, and I hate the clusters, but the real problem is that Phyllis let's anyone sending in any varietal to name it anything they want without any controls...that kinda makes it like the Genetic Wikipedia or something definitely useful but probably only later down the line once we have some context to compare/contrast.

The problem with Phylos IS the groupings. I hated that they put the clusters in play. I'd much rather be able to break apart those clusters and see what leads to what and what came from what...

Exactly, I wanna create a what-led-to-what map, not a these-are-all-relatives network.

W

Water-

Well, no one wanted to participate in my other thread...so I'll give this one a shot...it's my 33rd birthday today and here is the present I want from my ICmag fam...I want help constructing an OG Kush Family Tree of sorts...like the official "Crippie"
to Josh D/Bubba to everywhere (Oregon Kid, Ghost, B-Real, etc.) could be the Main Trunk and the most popular crosses & cuts could branch off from there and we could put the TK origins, the Supa Kauai line, etc. could serve as possible alternative lines...I just really wanna get a good grasp of the whole thing with a visual aid and thought the vast knowledge here could help with that.

Thanks in advance guys,
Lots of love.

happy birthday

forget about Supa Kauai or anything those con artists claim.

happy birthday

forget about Supa Kauai or anything those con artists claim.

Thank you, not trying to throw shade in here though, just develop some kind of base level "agreeable" graph that no one will really be too inclined to argue with, looking for commonalities, less than contrasts.

its not about throwing shade.

its a fact

Oh word, you got actual physical proof, as opposed to just stories, anecdotal evidence, speculation & conjecture?

No?

Didn't think so...that is the definition of shade homie, check yourself at the door we're trying to have an adult conversation here.

Last edited:
Okay, so the orthodoxy is that it was found in a bag of Florida "Crippy" from the central FL area (possibly somewhere near where the Clearwater Kush, TK & Gainesville Green would've been circulating, at the time) and was brought to Cali as a stowaway among Bubba's strains, where it was blessed to Josh D...then what? Who got cuts after that, what lines was that cut worked with, where (location) did these extent cuts travel to? When does Soul Assassins, Oregon Kid, Ghost, TK Origins or any of these other side stories enter the equation? These are the kind so questions I want to develop a graphic representation of.

JetLife175

Veteran
Okay, so the orthodoxy is that it was found in a bag of Florida "Crippy" from the central FL area (possibly somewhere near where the Clearwater Kush, TK & Gainesville Green would've been circulating, at the time) and was brought to Cali as a stowaway among Bubba's strains, where it was blessed to Josh D...then what? Who got cuts after that, what lines was that cut worked with, where (location) did these extent cuts travel to? When does Soul Assassins, Oregon Kid, Ghost, TK Origins or any of these other side stories enter the equation? These are the kind so questions I want to develop a graphic representation of.

You’re asking questions with answers for those only in the know...

If you think anyone on here is going to drop names and locations of where these cuts went and who held them you are barking up the wrong tree. Your passion for wanting to know is awesome but you really need to think about what you are asking. You’re asking a question that shouldn’t be answered on a forum. I’ve found out a lot by meeting people in the scene which eventually led me to more people and so on and so forth. Everyone has a little bit of information and if you are smart you can corroborate it. A lot of the people aren’t doing it legally. There’s some real cowboys still out here doing it like it should be done.

JetLife175

Veteran
And to answer a bit of info you wanted to know. Most of these cuts came out of the Southern California area.

W

Water-

Oh word, you got actual physical proof, as opposed to just stories, anecdotal evidence, speculation & conjecture?

No?

Didn't think so...that is the definition of shade homie, check yourself at the door we're trying to have an adult conversation here.

I wished you happy birthday and warned you that some people are BS.

I was trying to be nice.

what is your problem?

Physical proof?

of what?
that I spent decades living in hawaii?
I have smoked their herb.
Kauai is very small.

did you ever think of reading the History of OG thread before you started your own on the same subject?

some more help for you:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359304

JetLife175

Veteran
What this guy wants is everyone to do the work for him in this thread with zero contributions himself. It’s fucking played out. I spent years figuring it out because I actually cared to know.

Jesus Christ...forget it!!! Why tf do we even have an OG forum anymore if all of this so goddamn played out then lock it up for good.

JetLife175

Veteran
Are TK and JoshD the same cut?

My understanding is no, but they are related. I can only attest to that due to the fact that the tk creates sterile pollen and the Josh D doesn’t. That means they are different plants.

TK and OG are both from the same area. There’s a heavy likelihood that there was a situation like the originstk or whatever guy on IG and here had spoken of. There’s just theories at this point, but they are certainly different plants.

JetLife175

Veteran
96 the cut comes to LA to josh via Matt.

Josh and Matt grow it in Silverlake. They meet other people blah blah blah.

Cypress hill were one of the first to get a cut. One of joshes friends takes the cut up north to Tahoe and Tahoe OG is born. Sloth gets a cut either in Tahoe or LA and that’s what OGkushman moves throughout LA. Finds seeds which make the face off and poison. Trays are sold to raskal and that’s the fire. Josh sends cut up to Victorville and it becomes the bty. Orgnkid gets it and the OGers/Ghost/etc are born.

beta

Veteran
My understanding is no, but they are related. I can only attest to that due to the fact that the tk creates sterile pollen and the Josh D doesn’t. That means they are different plants.

That isn't true, Caleb at CSI Humboldt has successfully reversed TK and made S1s.

GoodTimeHealing

Hey Guys id like to put my 2 cents in...I have The xxx Og cut, Me personally we have had it since 12' But my guy Who Runs The XXX Out Of Big Bear and Hi-desert(socal) Popped a seed back in 2003, He was getting bud in SFV that the bags we called XXX. Not sure what time frame this Josh D came in at But id bet Mos t Og strains Now are a Bag seed fRom this liniage...