What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2012 Light Deprivation (for everybody)

ghettochild

Ok everyone its about that time of the year again lets see some of those frosty spring and summer nugs! I'll start with mine!

I had a little bit too many choices this year so the left over 5 gallons and 1 gallon pots all got a chance to finish their living cycle early and with all their sisters.

ak47
blueberry
afghoo
cotton candy bubba
jack herrer x blueberry (from berkley patients group RIP)
strawberry cough (bpg)
lambs bread (bpg)
master kush
mr nice
headband
707 headband
platinum bubba
larry og
phantom og
poison og
bullrider
super skunk
agent orange
purple kush
skywalker og
white widow
peacemaker

... so many more i cant remeber

the list goes on i will be updating this thread with tons of budshots with my various deps. I hope everyone will show off what they got.

ghettochild

sorry its sideways but this is purple kush headband and mr nice

they went in the ground april 2 and survived a blizzard at 3000+ elevation to spring up into some fat greasy little sluts.

jrmedic

Looking outstanding. Much respect. Anything you feel like sharing about how you get them so short and wide I'm sure would be appreciated by many. :tiphat:

ForestBuds

What a fine display! Looks very healthy! Fat chunky colas. You have created a diamond city! :hotbounce

Care to share your medium set up? :ying:

they look great what dimensions are your hoop houses how many are you doing and what's your best looking/yeilding I love light dep I'm looking for the strain tnt best light dep plant I've ever seen

delic

Love the deep purple on that PK. Mine show little purple at all, suppose it's down to temp.

-delic

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice plants and nice view!! i thought light deps had to have black coverings to keep out the light 100%??

benzo

awesome grow!!!!

what kinda soil, amendments, feeding schedule are they on??

& bump for a fantastic picture
picture.php

benzo

nice plants and nice view!! i thought light deps had to have black coverings to keep out the light 100%??

I was gonna ask that too, but to the left of one of the pictures you can see a big ass black tarp..

OP, can you elaborate how you cover then? times and what not.

ghettochild

thanks everyone for stopping by this is a new grow this year and i had to build it from the ground up using lots of left overs, about 100 or more yards of compost and soil and its primarily raised beds that are dug deep into the ground with terraced steps down into the trench.

JR medic:
i cant really get these too tall i'm looking for surface area in this situation. I love being able to bust an outdoor scrog all powered by the sun and logic. What makes this possible is topping the plants right as they start to stretch and flower this way i have multiple tops fighting for auxins. then i just run a string down the line in a checker pattern and use grocery ties from the produce section to secure them in place.

Forest buds:
the medium I used is 50 yards of used soil, super nice mix minus the perlite in it...

then i added another 50 plus yards of
50 coco coir
10 mushroom compost oyster lime rice hulls myco
20 chicken compost
10 worm castings
10 red lava rock

then i mixed it all together put some nice shit in it and hit it with a few biodynamic preps and filled my beds. As far as feeding goes i have used a bottle of 3rd Eye or 3d organics OG Grow and some high P bat guano as a top dress and tea. no feeding schedule they just eat when they want or i give a nice tea drench or foliar during different biodynamic days or depending on where they are flowering wise.

Mark bammer:

The hoop house is a 12 by 40 pvc i quickly assembled to stretch the length of two 16-5 raised beds...

i have three contenders for best outdoor light dep plant i'll post pictures of them soon for everybody.

Mr goat:

Hopefully we get three but im not sure if early finishers count as an extra harvest...

temps have been pretty low lately and im cool with that more resin to keep my girls warm and more purple to make em appealing.

:thank you: now where is everyeone elses deps lets see some nug

I posted this in another thread regarding my light dep setup in 2010:

Light dep -- This structure can easily become a light depo structure by installing 6 mm black plastic instead of clear plastic. Just secure the plastic on one side so that it can be pulled over the hoop house with a rope secured to the plastic. Use 2x4's or other heavy objects to keep the plastic pulled closed. Again, you'll have to be creative on how you install the black plastic on either small side to block out all light. Either frame in a square and mount to that and the pvc, or mount slats to the pvc and then staple the plastic to the slats.

I hope you've enjoyed the tutorial. If you have any questions, let me know. : )