What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Well ladies and Gentelmen.....
It seems several of you are "Concerned" with my Yield/Output. Since I grow under CFL's many think Noob....
Well those who have met me will tell you "Far from It".

Now here we go today we will embark on a lil' Journey...
We will follow the progress of these 6 plants in this Cell...from start to finish.
W/Pics every 48 hours....until they are finished.

They will be Grown,....
Under CFL's 42 watt from Home Depot (420 watts over 5.4 sq ft along with 66 other cuts for a TOTAL of 72 plants in 5.4 sq ft)
In 20oz bottles cut down to 15-16oz's
In my own soil mix
In a SOG @16 plants per sq ft
They will be fed my "New" Brewed Tea mix....(Chicken Compost,Cow Compost,Fish Emulsion,Mole Asse's,Corn Meal,Urine,Alfalfa,Kelp Meal and some SuperThrive)
They are grown 12/12 from the time they are rooted in the Bottles.

They are.....
***Each container will be givin a tracking # so there is NO confusion***
3-Geishas from H3ads seeds (Pheno #3 very C99 Dom)..a seed anyone can buy
2-LadyG1 x Sour Diesel IBL... a Breeding done by an ICMagger..TY...Bro
1-LadyG1 x Casey Jones... a Breeding done by an ICMagger..TY...Bro

I am not including any of my Chesaw in this thread....as I am tired of ppl sayin it's becuz of that strain that I can do this.....NOT :nono:

Here we go Day one..... :jump:

ladies 1-6 in a line-up and a Beer bottle for size..... :friends:

This Pic shows the lower chamber and the cells starting position....

Thanks to my Buddie Blynx, We have these cool all in one pics TY Blynxy..... :wave:

Well the Scale reveals the TRUTH...
______
203.4 WET
Will leave us with Approx.
50.85 grams dried.
after removing 75% for drying
50.85 / 6 plantlets gives us Avg. dry weight per of...8.475 Grams dried per Cut.
And ya know what .....
I will even go so far as to take 1.475 grams from each cut for "Stem Weight".....
so I'am ONLY weighing "Smokable Flowers".
So we will use 7 grams as our "Finished Weight" per cut.

So I said I could achieve 7 grams dried per cut...in my "Zero Veg SOG" and I did....
I did Better.......Now
7 grams per cut.....6 cuts per cell.....12 Cells per level
42 grams per cell x 12 Cells = 504 grams,18 Ounces, or 1.33 Lbs
under 420 Watts of CFL's

Once again PROVING that a Zero Veg SOG is Hands Down the MOST productive way to produce as many Canna Flowers as possible in a Given Space :jump:
Now can we all just grow some weed and get along w/each other....
And...
KEEP and OPEN mind
People ....
I AM NOT the Enemy in this WAR.....
LEO/DEA is :bashhead:
I'm ONLY showing People how to fight this WAR in a smaller space :smoweed:

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
This should put any remaining questions to rest. If anyone can do this you can DrBud, you take some good pictures, they've definitely improved my grow, and I don't grow anything like you. :wave:

H

huskers

Very Cool. Someone questions your yield so you show the grow. With updates every 48.

I like your style. Keep up the good work.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i wanna see his 72 plant cab work under these conditations not 6 plants BFD

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Maj.PotHead said:
i wanna see his 72 plant cab work under these conditations not 6 plants BFD

Settle yourself down there Mister....this "6-plant Cell" is part of the 72 plant system....and they will perform quite well under these "Conditions" Thank you for your support so far.....I look forward to more Intelligent remarks from you in the future Maj.Pothead :wave:

They were placed in the lower cab tonite....(Along with 66 other cuts for a TOTAL of 72 flowering in 5.4 sq ft)

Maj.Pothead....just bcuz you have never seen it done or can not "Google it"
does not mean it can not be done....just relax and watch and keep your Stoooopid comments to yourself.... :spank:

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i'll let ya'll know right off the bat 6 plants under 420w in cfls over 5 sqft floor is gonne turn out nice but 72 the way you like explaining can be done srry dont believe. i've allways called a duck a duck i've been growing long enough to know and understand what can and cannot be done in soil. through my personal experince and many others experinces more then 4 plants per sqft in soil with out massive watts of lighting just isnt gonna produce good yields. and no veg means no rootmass, #1 rule in soil rootmass = yield even hydro growers veg min 1 wk to obtain some kinda rootmass. yes the plants produce some roots during flower esp when thier forced to because they have bare min roots to begin with. this in itself will either lessen the yield or prolong the flowering time

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Very interested in this one. I always tell myself, if I had to do my setup over again, it'd be a cab, cfl's, and Dr. BGG's method... :rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Maj.PotHead said:
i'll let ya'll know right off the bat 6 plants under 420w in cfls over 5 sqft floor is gonne turn out nice but 72 the way you like explaining can be done srry dont believe. i've allways called a duck a duck i've been growing long enough to know and understand what can and cannot be done in soil.

NO you have NOT Maj.PotHead and this is a recent example of your "Years of Experience" indoor growing is an art/science of efficiency....NOT just putting up a Bright light in your spare room and pretending you are outside and need to grow trees

through my personal experince and many others experinces more then 4 plants per sqft in soil with out massive watts of lighting just isnt gonna produce good yields. and no veg means no rootmass, #1 rule in soil rootmass = yield even hydro growers veg min 1 wk to obtain some kinda rootmass. yes the plants produce some roots during flower esp when thier forced to because they have bare min roots to begin with. this in itself will either lessen the yield or prolong the flowering time

#1 RULE is there are NO rules.....just what folks have done in the past One more time I will ask that you keep your Stoooooopid comments to your self......If you would simply READ instead of just "Lookin' at the Pictures" you would understand that they are in the cab with 66 other cuts at the same time Now just stop bein such an A$$ and you might learn something you can use to make your grow more Efficient/Productive

Last edited:
i have a quick ? im going to be running your method EXCEPT with a 150 watt hps as you stated you want to prevent "useless space" on a plant... so is this done by figuring out how long a veg prior to flowering you should have or having your lights closer to the plant? im just trying to make dialing in my grow a little bit faster

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Dr, Always keen to read ur threads, so much great info with pics along the way to back up what ur saying, I've been an outdoor grower for many moons (never had the need to go indoors), but since a relocation with the family, has since called for me to rethink what I need to do, to not run out of herb, hence indoors is definitely called for (especially with the new fangdangled CFL revolution thats going on). Dr you are one of the great CFL growers on this forum and are def well on the way to having ur shit dialed in, with amazing results everytime from what I can see(with these ol eyes). But what amazes me is the amount of people who cant wait to discredit, slander and insult ur methods(which obviously fukking work for urself, pictures people!!), this is a growers forum for people to grow and learn and share experiences so that the wealth of knowledge can be spread around, so we can all GROW THE HERB PEOPLE, in what ever space/room/materials that is available. Lets stick to that. Awesome job Dr, love ur work it is a great source of inspiration for a n00b(indoors CFL) like myself. Cant wait to see what happens next.

Peace an Respect,

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

kno3brock

Keep on just keeping on Doc.

As a med patient in Ca. I am very interested in your 6 plants under CFL grow. I am very interested in following this all the way through with a final mass dried measurement at the end.

This is of great importance for Ca 215 patients that want stealth, limited heat, and smaller personal grows.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Is that the usual range in size you start plants in 12/12 at? And what's that scoreboard looking thing used for?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
bounty29 said:
Is that the usual range in size you start plants in 12/12 at? And what's that scoreboard looking thing used for?

For each of those strains yes....each one is a lil' different.
The "Scoreboard Looking Thing" is a list of Mother plants in my garden that I have current SOG data on and the strain ID # so I can ID a plant at a glance.....there are a few of them in there....hehehe

blackone

Veteran
Hey Dr.
I'm really watching this with interest - have been since your first post.
You have taken quite a bit of heat since you started. Probably had something to do with you showing a single 21g plant and multiplying that yield by the number of plants you had back then to arrive at 3+ g/W - probably a little too optimistic - sparked a few trolls here and there. Let's all get along and talk plants instead:)
I'm excited to see your grow this time - hey even 10g/plant would make for a crazy yield if you have 72 of them... Quite a few other HDSOG growers have shown results way past the 1g/W mark and I'm excited to see what this grow will bring.
I do believe that a few of us would love to see more full-room shots :) Please don't jump on everybody suggesting this...

I might do a test with 20 6.5L pots (20 cm) under a 400W lamp with 4 clones in each, for a plant density of just above 9/sq foot. I'm wondering though - I remember you saying it's not good if the roots are touching, but in another post you talked about growing 4 plants in each 6 inch pot?

Respect.
Blackone.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Well aside from the fact that there will be a noticable difference between the weight of a freshly watered plant and the weight of a thirsty one:
If fresh weight is given after the trim, then again the trimming method plays a part.
If before the trim - well it really depends on how much stem and leaf material you have right? Since the leaf material in your cab is pretty limited and the stems aren't overly long or thick then you would probably fall out short on that weight compared to tree growers... I guess there would simply be a lot less waste material.

I say - if you feel you have anything to prove then weigh the dry trimmed buds and show us your trimjob.
If not then just let us enjoy your plants.

knna said:
Thanks a lot for doing this journal, DrBud. Im sure this is the way of stopping speculations definitivelly :spank:

I take a seat and will follow the show from start to finish. I hope you will continue it at least for the period all the plants in the perpetual takes to being harvested.

I know most of the controversy has been about comments of final dry weight. As final dry weight may vary strongly due of the way of harvesting, manicure and drying (indeep explained here) , i would suggest you do fresh weight reports to avoid any further discussion about weight reports. That way any grower may know what to expect according to his own way of harvesting. This not mean you dont give your dry weights using your method, but an aditional info wich is more useful for all growers (BTW, this is not only valid for you, reporting fresh weights on journals would be generally more accurate, as for same fresh weight, dry weight may be noticiably different depending of harvesting proccess. If i ask this specifically to you is to show people that sogging with CFLs may provice excelent yields without any doubt).

Happy growing,
knna

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I must say I agree on there being a lot of useless space in most grows and it is way more efficient IMO to grow a 11 - 12inch cola all the way to the soil and so far my Urkel or Grand Daddy Purple whatever one it is seems to be doing just that and they had been flowered right after they rooted...

But yea DrBud this way is just plain ignorant to grow when we can go to the hydro shop and spend more money and take more risk hmmmmmmmm

Hey Doc can you help me here? I need to know if my girls are under fed or over fed?? I had been using the Shultz Bloom Plus crap at 1/8 tsp per gallon with 4 drops of Superthrive 1 tbs Fish Emulsion and 1 tbs of Moleasses every watering and they were really healthy looking for the first 3-4 weeks of flower but now here we are in week 5 and I have a purple stalk and some yellowing on my leaves what should I do buddy please help :badday:

Last edited: