What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need v scrog design advice

borntoinsulate

Hi All
I want to grow vertical in a 5 gallon pail. I want to build v scrog screens out of pvc pipe and the orange sqare fencing. I want the screen to be 18" by 60".
My question is should I make the v scrog screens independent of the bucket or can I attached the v scrog screens to the 5 gallon buckets. I guess I'd be worried about the weight of the screen tipping the whole set up over. It just seems like if the screen is attached to the hempy bucket it would be easier to move if I need to get my plants closer or farther from my bulb.
Thanks in advance for any input
Will.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Yes attach it. I used to grow in deep rectangular tupperware type containers. (hydro) They fit nicely in my cab. I ran the pvc through the lids like table legs. So the weight of the buds transffered to the bottom instead of the lid.

Are you talking about orange safety netting? I like to put screws into the PVC
Then you just use string and go up and down side to side around the screw heads. Then you can make 1"x 1", 2 x 2 etc whatever you like.

borntoinsulate

Yes attach it. I used to grow in deep rectangular tupperware type containers. (hydro) They fit nicely in my cab. I ran the pvc through the lids like table legs. So the weight of the buds transffered to the bottom instead of the lid.

Are you talking about orange safety netting? I like to put screws into the PVC
Then you just use string and go up and down side to side around the screw heads. Then you can make 1"x 1", 2 x 2 etc whatever you like.

That's a good idea on the screws and string - thanks

Earlmarne

I grow I 5 gallon hempy buckets in a vert scrog. I built my base so the bucket and saucer sit on top of it but not attatched. Works well for me. I referenced ichibod cranes vertical scrog thread when I built my set up

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hi Earl
That sounds good too - still mobile that way and won't really tip over.
Will

It can still fall over with the plant sitting on the screen. I connect my screens at the top so that when they circle my light they prevent each other from falling onto my lights. I have had plants fall on my lights when I did not connect the tops of the screens.

In my signature is my vertical thread. In the beginning of the thread I detail how I make my screens.