What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

slmndl

just growing outdoors

just growing outdoors

If you don't have to hide your plants, and if your weather
is warm and you have ability to water regularly, why can't you just plant them in (good) dirt, water and grow? These plants are weeds. It seems like you have to be a rocket scientist to grow
indoors or outdoors.

hevox

Re-writing my post as I have now read the entire guide and this thread a few times!

Hello all, planning to do my first outdoor grow this year and naturally I have a few questions.

1. Because of my livingsituation right now, I do not have any chance of prevegging my seeds (person I share my appartment with would most likely kick me out and then call the police, and I do not want that). Do my seeds stand a chance against mother nature if I just pop them straight into the ground? Digging maybe a 20L hole for each seed, and filling it with ordinary potting soil. The strain I will be using is this.

So is it even worth the work digging the holes if I cannot preveg?

2. If it will still work, when I go about question number one, do I have to add any supplements to the soil? If so, what would be the best?
Do I mix it in with the soil, or do I pour it on the surface?
Can I just plant the seed in normal potting soil, leave it there for a few months, check every now and again for damage and pests and the likes, and then harvest?

3. Do I have to water the plant, if I add polymer crystals to the soil, and it is not very dry outside?
Do I water the soil when I have just planted the seed, or will mother nature take care of it, leaving me to only water it when it is very dry out?

4. How susceptible is the Royal Dane x Thyphoon strain to mold and mildew? What causes it?

This OD season is going to be EPIC, one way or another....HAHAHA.....I wish everyone good luck and grow alot and grow them big....Grow as many as you can keep up with....when Sep/Oct. comes around, you will wish you had a few more to harvest...I know I always do....this year, Im doing it right, from the start....It will be alot of work, but shit, its good work, and it will pay off in the end. Be safe and good luck to you all...GROW MORE PLANTS in 2010!

Aotf

Just wanted to post so I can search for this thread again....good luck to all the outsiders....the sun is a powerful aphrodisiac

OtherStarr

A lot of great info here for a newbie like myself! Question: What are some general rules for topping or reducing the overall size of a plant?

dyr

ICMag Donor
Re-writing my post as I have now read the entire guide and this thread a few times!

Hello all, planning to do my first outdoor grow this year and naturally I have a few questions.

1. Because of my livingsituation right now, I do not have any chance of prevegging my seeds (person I share my appartment with would most likely kick me out and then call the police, and I do not want that). Do my seeds stand a chance against mother nature if I just pop them straight into the ground? Digging maybe a 20L hole for each seed, and filling it with ordinary potting soil. The strain I will be using is this.

So is it even worth the work digging the holes if I cannot preveg?

2. If it will still work, when I go about question number one, do I have to add any supplements to the soil? If so, what would be the best?
Do I mix it in with the soil, or do I pour it on the surface?
Can I just plant the seed in normal potting soil, leave it there for a few months, check every now and again for damage and pests and the likes, and then harvest?

3. Do I have to water the plant, if I add polymer crystals to the soil, and it is not very dry outside?
Do I water the soil when I have just planted the seed, or will mother nature take care of it, leaving me to only water it when it is very dry out?

4. How susceptible is the Royal Dane x Thyphoon strain to mold and mildew? What causes it?

Hi Hevox, sowing direcly outside is possible, both me and puffster had success this year with doing so. But it is risky when you have only a few seeds, you should spread snail poison(ferramol) after you have sowed. Digging 20 liter holes will for sure give them lots of root space, but I would prefer more than one seed per hole, because that increases your chances of having a plant in each hole in the end.

mix in lime with the soil and some fertilizer, it is not good to ad lime later on the surface, can be done with fertilizer though. yes you can do what you say, but best to ad some lime and fertilizer ;)

you only need to water when it's dry, if it is then water atleast once a week.

Royal dane x thyphoon is pretty resistant as far as i know.

Hope my reply wasn't too late :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wonderful thread, implemented the wall around plants on a slope to retain more rain water. also learned that chicken wire cages should also be wired shut on top, those young deer will reach down and pluck your seedlings leaves. leaving you with this :laughing:

lucky i instinctively wired the other 2 i planted there shut on top.
anyway i read this thread from page 1 to 4, then today from the last page to page 5 lol.

i would be interested in further discussion about deer, my chicken wire fence is about 2 and a half feet tall, what happens when the plant grows out the top? is the more mature plant less tasty? or will i need to add more wire as the plat get larger?

NUG-JUG

I think you should take the wire down once the plant is out-growing it, lay it down, add more wire to the top to extend it, then set it back up to let the plant continue to get bigger.

V

vod

The ones bred outdoors out north. Look into HybridsFromHell (got a forum in Seedbay section), UnleashDaGreen (GuerillaGold crosses).

barth

Im new to outdoor. I have been having a problem with Corn Borers eating my buds. I have been using BT for them. I have been reapplying every 4-5 days. Seems to be working.

I have also been using green cure and organocide.

I was wondering if i could apply BT, Green Cure and Organocide together in the same application?

Is there a rule of thumb of what should not be applied together?

I was wondering how others get the Caterpillar poo off the plant. Will a water rinse do it?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks alot Jay, i appreciate your help in sending in the right direction, do you have any experience with these strains. As i have none but like what i have read.

Latest posts

Latest posts