What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deimos view under a microscope

BuddhaSeeds

In Buddha Seeds we are pleased to present the most intimate aspects of our autoflowering variety Deimos

The following images have been captured using a scanning electron microscope (SEM)

We hope you like them!

Magnification of a stoma showing its surface texture

Magnification of a glandular trichome with the cuticle broken

Flower showing high density of glandular trichomes in the ovary and papillar stigmas

Glandular and filiform trichomes near to a stigma

Magnification of the leaf surface. A broken trichome showing the internal stem structure is observed In the middle

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of trichs with the cuticle splitting and peeling off before. I guess that must be a big part of the curing process and at least part of how the resins in the trichomes end up getting exposed to oxygen.
A few years ago at a Christmas party a very well studied and widely respected hashhead told me about how the one of the key differences between sativas and indicas with respect to the buzz they produce and their flavors of their hash had to do the thickness of the cuticle on the trichome and that longer flowering types which have to withstand the elements for longer periods of time have developed a thicker, stronger trichome cuticle which results in slower aging of the finished product and in turn gives the sativas their reputation for a speedier buzz and also give sativa hash and ashier flavor because you're smoking more cuticle than you would if your trichome heads were thin-walled indica types.

PDX Dopesmoker

I wonder what stuff was between the top part of cuticle and that big cluster of cells that are attached to the top of the stipe. What was in there and where did it all go?
This image has a nice cross section of a live trichome thats shows that big space pretty good.
XLr4FnU.png

D3pthCharg3

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of trichs with the cuticle splitting and peeling off before. I guess that must be a big part of the curing process and at least part of how the resins in the trichomes end up getting exposed to oxygen.
A few years ago at a Christmas party a very well studied and widely respected hashhead told me about how the one of the key differences between sativas and indicas with respect to the buzz they produce and their flavors of their hash had to do the thickness of the cuticle on the trichome and that longer flowering types which have to withstand the elements for longer periods of time have developed a thicker, stronger trichome cuticle which results in slower aging of the finished product and in turn gives the sativas their reputation for a speedier buzz and also give sativa hash and ashier flavor because you're smoking more cuticle than you would if your trichome heads were thin-walled indica types.

Very awesome images....^^^This is perhaps the need for a longer cure time for correct flavors in long flowers as well,,,Interesting thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts