What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD for seizures, what is best.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Have seen various sites that sell CBD. Is CO2 extraction or other method the best for treating seizures. How many milligrams to start? Any good reasonably priced sellers?

Loc Dog

Veteran

Loc Dog

Veteran
Has anyone noted problems using CBD with anti-seizure meds?

Loc Dog

Veteran
No, I have not noted any problems. I'm using CBD primary for antiseizures.

Here is one real testimonal, so you can read first: https://pharmahemp.store/blog-en/cbd-drops-reduce-quantity-infantile-spasms/

One thing I found with CBD, is that pure crystal CBD does not help pain like full spectrum or high THC does, so for pain it is most likely another cannabinoid that kills pain. The pain patient found the expensive wide spectrum or 1/10th the amount of high THC cookie I would take, completely relieved extreme arthritis pain.

The person I was asking for, that has seizures's, refuses to take anything till legal in her state, NJ, which should be this year.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
CBD alone is rather limited in efficacy. I've read seizure patients should avoid the terpene Homulene, present in the Kush genetics. Might possibly explain why those strains make me so stupid. Seizure free, but also productivity and logical thought free as well. lol

CBD, mixed with 3-5% THC works wonders. THCA is also known to help tremendously and I'd recommend a little of everything. :D

Cvh

Supermod
Hi Loc Dog.
I suffer from epileptical seizures myself.
i have to agree with Douglas on this. For me CBD alone isn't working. It also puts me into a negative mood making things even worse.

But the comibination of CBD and mild doses of THC brings some relief.
It works even better than the classic prescribed medications.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed CBD capsules decreased my INR, testing while taking coumadin/warfarin.

Danielloveschoc

Anecdotal but my friend has a teenage son who suffers from siezuers. CBD Isolate worked a bit. However, full spectrum CBD worked far better because of what is called the 'entourage' effect. Full spectrum contains a whole heap of terpenes and cannabinoids which help teh body better absorb cbd