What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I'd like to thank superbadgrower for introducing me to a new podcast. Just listened toThe cheap home grower podcast, I only listened to this one episode, but if there are all this kinda format I'm going to love it.

Just a bunch of growers answering cultivation tech.

This episode was on drying and curing. I look forward to listening to all the past (and future) episodes.

https://anchor.fm/cheaphomegrow/episodes/GWMFG-35-Harvest-Decisions---Drying--Curing-e89fea

"Growing with fishes" is a pretty good podcast. Aquaponic-centric but they cover a lot of topics. The host (forget his name) is very knowledgable. Breeder Steve was on the last episode I listened to.

Hookahhead

I went back a few pages but didn’t see, has “The homegrown helpers” been mentioned yet? A lot of the episodes aren’t as in depth or new information as many of the others listed here. However all of the episodes follow a similar format of asking different cannabis consultants for home growers the same questions. The episodes go by quick, I would listen to one during my morning routine. It’s interesting to hear how different people answer the questions. Definitely some useful information to be found.

Edit, I must have missed CannaReds post some how only a few pages back.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I went back a few pages but didn’t see, has “The homegrown helpers” been mentioned yet? A lot of the episodes aren’t as in depth or new information as many of the others listed here. However all of the episodes follow a similar format of asking different cannabis consultants for home growers the same questions. The episodes go by quick, I would listen to one during my morning routine. It’s interesting to hear how different people answer the questions. Definitely some useful information to be found.

Edit, I must have missed CannaReds post some how only a few pages back.

By Rob from Atlas Plant Trainer.

Im loving my podcasts!
If I'm not reading about cannabis, I'm listening!
It makes my 40 - 60 minute drive to work so much better. Sometimes I can even listen at work if I'm by myself.

Really digging "growing with my fellow growers".

I like how there's 5 or 6 different growers, all with their own plan and system of grow. They don't always agree, and hearing their reasons are an excellent learning tool.

Buddistrose

I hate to be negative, but one serious con re: The Potcast is that Heavy Dayze has a very poor understanding of plant breeding.

When he's asking questions about history, culture, personal experience, etc., he does a great job. When he gets into breeding specifics, it usually gets embarrassing fast. :puke:

It's too bad, because if he took some time to learn the actual basics of traditional plant breeding (and not on instagram!), he could be making an incredible podcast.
Thats completely wrong from where ive sat. Its written questions from him and others, if u got a legend on the line im sure ppl listening want to understand the style and personality of these ppl they gonns give money. Im not having a go. I just think ppl get jelous, im sure lots of ppl grow heat that arnt known, u pribly one. But he put his kneck out fof these interviews, i think there great listen for info on the strains and history, its not a teaching podcast, favourite interviews.
Akabeanbrains, duke, bobhemphill, canna exotics,

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've finally come around to the Adam Dunn Show, and I highly recommend it. Initially I had made the mistake of only trying to watch episodes with guests I was familiar with, but that doesn't always offer the best glimpse into what a show is all about. I was unimpressed with the first few episodes that I watched. Well, recently I was watching YouTube videos about a specific subject, and one of Adam's episodes popped up in the search results, so I watched it for that information, not really paying much attention to anything else. This is what hooked me in, actually! It's the stuff they chatter about in between talking about the show topic that's the gold. I ended up watching like 3 episodes back to back last night (that's like 9 hours, lol) and it was really awesome. It's the side chatter, y'all. That's what makes the show so good. Highly recommend!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've finally come around to the Adam Dunn Show, and I highly recommend it. Initially I had made the mistake of only trying to watch episodes with guests I was familiar with, but that doesn't always offer the best glimpse into what a show is all about. I was unimpressed with the first few episodes that I watched. Well, recently I was watching YouTube videos about a specific subject, and one of Adam's episodes popped up in the search results, so I watched it for that information, not really paying much attention to anything else. This is what hooked me in, actually! It's the stuff they chatter about in between talking about the show topic that's the gold. I ended up watching like 3 episodes back to back last night (that's like 9 hours, lol) and it was really awesome. It's the side chatter, y'all. That's what makes the show so good. Highly recommend!

Most definitely!
Adam says he tries to have "at least one nugget" of information gold. Lol sometimes there's several, sometimes none. But like you said, you never know where you are going to find it.

I didn't like it at first, but once you get to know Adam and how he operates, it gets better.

I miss Mitch. Anyone know where he is now?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Trivia question!

Trivia question!

What was the name of the very first episode of what turned into the Adam Dunn show?

Recently found the first season or so on YouTube. But they aren't under Adam's channel.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Been meaning to post this.

The latest episode of Tad Hussey's Kis Organics Podcast was EXCELLENT.
Interview with Dr Deron Caplan. He did several grow experiments with data that all of us should check out.

They did experiments on:
cloning- wether to scrape stem, angle of cut, how many leaves to leave on, wether to cut tips of leaves or not.

Nutrients
Flushing
Etc.
Great show!
Here is their description:
Deron is a horticultural scientist and the Director of Plant Science at Flowr in Kelowna, BC. He was the first person in North America to earn a PhD with research focused on cannabis production. Dr. Caplan has written and published several peer-reviewed articles on cannabis production, focusing on irrigation, growing media, fertilization, and propagation. He has testified on cannabis production before the Canadian Senate’s Standing Committee on Agriculture and Forestry and has provided expert commentary on cannabis for a variety of media outlets, including CBC, Nature, and Rolling Stone Magazine.

Here is link to the papers on experiments.

Hookahhead

Awesome thanks Red, I somehow missed seeing that even though I’m subscribed.

I’ve tried listening to the Adam Dunn show, but have trouble getting into it. Maybe my problem is the same as hush, I have been selecting episodes based on familiarity. For me they’re just too long and too much random chatter to keep me focused. I have an hour to myself at work every morning, so the 45-60 minute format seems to suit me. Had “growing with fishes” been mentioned? I like their stuff, it can get rambly at times but tends to keep me interested.

The pot cast is the best for breeders history and strain insight.

Adam dunn show has fell away as it used to be good.

Hash church i used to love hearing different points of view incl the science and chemistry of it all with great knowledge from sam.

Future cannabis project has superb vids on youtube.

Green flower on youtube and gw smoke break have 2 good kevin jodrey videos up.

Blazeee

Veteran
Adam dunn show has fell away as it used to be good.

Agreed, the show is still good and I do still listen in here and there, the production quality really fell off once Mitch and the kid left. I used to enjoy watching live when they were on the previous live stream website, before they moved over to youtube. I dont suppose anyone is still in contact with SpringheelJack from the chat?

I like the Potcast too, it took me a while to get in to at first, however the host seems to have some great guests and interviews. I would highly recommend people check it out if they haven't already.

The duun show used to be my fav especially history of og kush n frank gegax they were interesting. It was a great show and still is good but i agree not the same when mitch and the kid left.

There should be an icmag pot cast where someone interviews members here with history of scene and strains , breeding, growing tips. Loads of members here with serious knowledge and experiences with old genetics.

Yeah the pot cast is a mellow insightful podcast . Dj short, bob hemphill , nspecta , bhodi etc were all superb.

Mr.Miner

Agreed, the show is still good and I do still listen in here and there, the production quality really fell off once Mitch and the kid left. I used to enjoy watching live when they were on the previous live stream website, before they moved over to youtube. I dont suppose anyone is still in contact with SpringheelJack from the chat?

I like the Potcast too, it took me a while to get in to at first, however the host seems to have some great guests and interviews. I would highly recommend people check it out if they haven't already.

I email Springheel now and again. I need to reach out to him, now that I think about it. I used to be a regular in the chat and was a guest on the show a few years ago when Mitch and Ryan were still on. It was an amazing experience.

Latest posts

Latest posts