What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"States of Highness" Definitions

GrinStick

while setting and modality may affect the overall attitude of the ingestant, the pharmapsychological effects are only modified by cannabinoid content.
So the 'high' may be experienced differently at different times, or places, using the same vehicle(read strain).
Overall the vehicle provides the method of altering conciousness, and that perception is dependant upon subjects attitude prior to consumption.
This is only the opinion of Grinstick and in no way limits or denies any other explanation!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should add

"like a tree"
fundiferous
tingly googley
melty face

and finally "fear and loathing in las vegas...ish." no no no I take it back, that type of high is called "bat country" :D

SuperHemp

I've had stuff that i thought was amazing that my friends claimed didn't get them high.. I have also had stuff that didn't get me comfortably high but my friends loved. It's pretty random which plants work great for me and which plants work great for everybody else.. I think it's because some cannabis has stabilizing effects on my blood glucose (diabetic type I), while others drop it to the floor, leading to an uncomfortable buzz. I generally don't like weed that gives other people munchies, it makes me paranoid.

Ulysses

Decent link. Although somewhat muddied by noob commentary, it's visually stimulating and creative- kinda like a precurser to a Periodic Pot Chart??? of the Elemental Highs?

We could take it step farther by putting Sativas on the right and Indicas on the left and hybrids in the middle going downward the weaker the pot turns out? Mexican, Columbian, Thai would dominate the sat side where as Afghani.... well, only Afghani would dominate the indica end.

Thanks for all the positive comments!

BTW: Jiggy Wiggy is a disconcerting effect unique to Zacatecas Purple where you want to jump out of your skin and feel as if you can actually do so...

GrinStick

Decent link. Although somewhat muddied by noob commentary, it's visually stimulating and creative- kinda like a precurser to a Periodic Pot Chart??? of the Elemental Highs?

We could take it step farther by putting Sativas on the right and Indicas on the left and hybrids in the middle going downward the weaker the pot turns out? Mexican, Columbian, Thai would dominate the sat side where as Afghani.... well, only Afghani would dominate the indica end.

Thanks for all the positive comments!

BTW: Jiggy Wiggy is a disconcerting effect unique to Zacatecas Purple where you want to jump out of your skin and feel as if you can actually do so...

WTF makes you say zacatecas purp is the only one...I've never encountered zp, but have had these same feelings with other strains...so i guess you're wrong about that.
grin

Ulysses

Thanks for the bump.

I am fine tuning a few of the definitions offline like ceiling and trippy-ness vs. speedy-ness vs. racy...

While I wholeheartly agree that a smoker may have a different experience with mj in a given environment, I know that the cannabinoid profile of the mj plays a vastly bigger role in the experience...

If this weren't true, we wouldn't bother with different strains of mj, we'd all be smoking BigBud in an amusement park...

The Hatter

Veteran
Very thorough list of possible effects. I noticed that a lot of smoke reports go into great detail about the bag appeal, scent, taste etc. but often skip over the quality of the effect simply stating that it was super potent, or medium strength etc.

Although subjective experiences vary, there is often a common thread to people's experiences. Although 9 out of 10 people might find a strain relaxing and couch-locking and 1 guy might find it disorientating, stupefying and anxiety inducing, you can kind of gather from looking over all of the smoke reports that the strain probably has a rather sedating indica style effect for most people.

People also have a tendency to leave out medicinal effects in their smoke reports but that's probably just because many are not using it for its medicinal qualities.

idiit

Veteran
excellent improvement!

another couple factors that need to be included are;

1). energy levels at time of smoking (big difference in smoke reports from my crew sampling some of my strains between early am and late pm effects).

2). length of cure. ( is a big deal with landraces from my smoking experiences and those testing my strains).