What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% Organic PK and Cotton Candy x Hawaiian

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
First off i'd like to give props to my friend who grew this. He did a great job and you cant beat true organics.

I'm sorry i've been kinda sick for the past couple of days and having trouble picking out certain aromas.

On with the report
PK

Visual(9/10)

Nice super dense nugs that seem to spiral into a chunky ball. It has a darker green color in comparision to the Hawaain. The crystal coverage on these buds are amazing with the trichs basically overlapping each other looking under a 30x handscope. The trichs are mostly cloudy with a couple of clear heads. This leaves the bud with almost like it snowed all over the bud. The nugs are super sticky and even ground up its finds a way to stick back together with minimal pressure. This bud shows extremely nice indica structure.

Smell(9/10)

The smell of the PK is very nice and distinct from anything else i've had recently. It has a very distinct smell to it that i could only describe as pungent with a sweetness to it. I cant really put my finger exactly on it since there are strong overtones of coffee.

Now that its been some time i can easily recognize the smell as a spicy menthol.

Taste(9.5/10)

The taste is very nice and is similar to the way it smells. Smoking out of a glass bong the coffee seems to go away and the pungent, floral taste really extends itself. Its a nice sweet taste that expands nicely without leaving you coughing. You can defiently feel it in your throat however with little harshness due to expansion. Also a little bit of this bud goes a long way probably due to the density. It kinda reminds me of a skunky sort of candy. I rated this so high in taste because it manages to hold onto the aroma even while smoking and sticks around. Upon exhaling you can feel the taste seem to take over your mouth and linger in the back of the throat. It manages to leave a reminiscent feeling of smoking hash.

High(8.5/10)

The high comes on strong and quick and almost has a racy feeling to it from the bong. It mellows out to become very chill and clear. Its not overwhemingly stony and i think is a great mix especially for smoking during the day. You feel it in the body and i think makes for a nice morning smoke on a weekend spent in bed.

Out of a pipe it tends to keep more of the flavor associated with it, but is also much stronger due to expansion. The high is much more relaxed than from the bong and leaves me feeling very calm and seems to build on slowly to the body.

Overall- I'd give this bud a 9 since i like the way that a little bit of bud goes a long way. You also cant beat the way that the flavor and aroma seem to stay even after being lit. This bud burns extremely well in a bong due to being so dense. It reminds me of hash by the way it just keeps burning for what seems to be an eternity, as you try to catch your breath and hit the bong to not waste any of the precious smoke. Caution to the weak throated, this stufff burns the throat from expansion and if not your used to it you will cough. It will hurt. This stuff is like getting hit in the head by a skunky hash boulder and will leave you motionless.

Hawaiian X Cotton Candy

Visual(8.5/10)

This bud is lighter and doesnt show nearly the indica dominance of the PK. It seems to be a lighter green color that extends into amber with a large prevalance of pistils. Once again this bud is absolutely covered in crystals but has been a little more "squished" but the crystals hold it together tightly. The trichs are mostly all cloudy and under white LED looks amazing(Due to this i'm giving it an extra .5). Its burns to a nice clean ash

Smell(9/10)

I think the reason these buds smell so strong is the use of organics. This is all a personal opinion and may be very wrong. The reason i say this is because this bud has a whole lots of sweetness to it. This stuff really is candy! Like mentioned earlier i'm having a hard time picking out certain smells and will see if anything changes in upcoming days. The one thing that stands out is how sweet this stuff smells. Upon being broken up it picks up some citrus tones that i havent smelt before breaking ipen a nug. Its very light but adds nicely to the sweetness.
Note:THe mature batch of this stuff is out of this world, its strongly citrus with a very subtle hint of sandalwood.

Taste
(8/10)

The taste is nothing special at this point, maybe its just me though. As mentioned the bud is a week early so maybe it will pick up some more notes.

Note: I wanted to formally change my review on the Hawaiian x CC. Point being is taste deserved an 9. I just finished a joint of this stuff and the taste is very smooth. Its very enjoyable and i like how it burns to a nice clean ash with the subtle flavors. Exhaling some through the nose brings about a nice citrus/fuel. This is good joint weed, it burns slow. Even for the little bit of bud used it burnt in a decent amount of time. I can see me smoking this before going out.

High
(9/10)

Well i had to skip right pass the taste portion for now to come to the high. This stuff is very heady leaving a smile on my face even though theres nothing to smile about. It comes on very smooth and just has a nice clarity to it. I've got to say the high is great. The best part is this stuff i a week earlier than the rest but it still holds great properties.

Overall(9/10)

I like this bud the high builds on over time and continues onto the body. Its very relaxing bud to smoke and llike the high more than the PK.

I'm sorry if theres any typos here. I'm quite stoned after this smoke report. I'm real happy i started with the PK but ending with the CC was great because of the no ceiling high.

Have a good day everyone, heres a group shot of the two types of bud with some local bud. Its a purple strain that smells of white grape juice

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
You nailed the high on the Hawaiian x Cotton Candy. From my experience with it,I tend to smile for no reason at all after a good smoke session. I think the flavor is a creamy sweet lemon with a touch of old school dank. Nice report,a lot better than I could describe it. Props!!!!

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I think my main problem with the Cotton Candy is that i smoked it after the PK haha. The PK just seems to dominate the smell took over my room. I'll have a less biased opinion tomorrow after it settles in a jar by itself, it will be my morning smoke to see the true charactersitcis without interference. I'll also try it in a j today with a friend for his opinion on it.

Funny thing you bring up the smiling. It reminds me of mushrooms, I don't know what it was i just kept smiling at nothing. I enjoy the high of it very much its not overpowering like some of the sativas we get down here which get you all twitchy and shaky.

My sister came home and asked me if i was fogging out my room. I always have my window open. Today is the first time thats happened to me. I cant stop smelling the pk it just has such great aroma. Puts what i was smoking on before to shame.

Also i just ground some up and the first thing that hit m is that lemon sweetness. I think the main problem is its such a mellow smell that the coffee overtones from the PK were overpowering it. I'll get back here by tonight with pics and a report from my friend.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And as we all know, the Cotton Candy is what? That's right.

Breeder Steve's Spice of Life ***SWEET TOOTH***

That's where that happy smiling high comes from. There probably is no better strain for battling depression or a bad mood. It just cut's right through it all and makes you feel good and positive feeling overall. Good for anxiety too. Awesome smoke reports man! :joint:

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Thanks bud,

i added the pictures now so you guys can see. I'm thinking about picking up Blue sonja which utilize blockhead. I really like the cotton candy its not as heavy. I completly agree with what both of you say about it making you just feel downright good.

Sweet tooth has always looked interesting to me.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
i wanted to formally change my review on the Hawaiian x CC. Point being is taste deserved an 8. I just finished a joint of this stuff and the taste is very mellow. Its very enjoyable and i like how it burns to a nice clean ash with the subtle flavors. Exhaling some through the nose brings about a nice floral sweetness that reminds me of bubblegum. This is good joint weed, its burns slow and even for the little bit of bud used it burnt a decent amount of time.

On the other hand i still cant get over how much this PK reminds me of some nice hash. its rock solid, smokes a ton even after the flame is extinguished and not to mention it expands like a mother sucker in your throat. You feel the burn so i suggest smoking out of a nice glass on glass bong.

ChronJohn

is PK purple kush or pure kush or what?

good smoke report, hearing what I have about Sweet Tooth makes me vedy vedy interested in it...

yo... ive never had straight cotton candy only crossed w dies but out of all the CC x diesel i've had never once come across pheno reminiscent of a sweet tooth lineage ...

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cotton Candy definitely came from the old Sweet Tooth, breeder Steve told the story many times about the knock-off thiefs known as Federation. Also, Mikado is an early cut of his SPG and there are a few others all based on his strains that one of the guys stole from him after working for him in Canada. But yeah crossing anything with a good diesel would most likely change alot of characteristics of just about any sweet strain.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Hey Triple A, I actually came back to this thrad to write some new reviews since i got some mature versions of the H x CC. But i will answer your qustion first. I just took a hit of the PK and had noticed a presence of lavender and a sweet floral taste almost like the lavender candies my mom used to buy when i was a kid. I really love this PK, it stinks up my whole house and it doesnt even come out of the jar, its amazing how the smell lingers.

THe H x CC is really spectacular after only an additional week. Its smell picked up almost a citrus with something like sandalwood. THe high is a real blastoff though, it hits the body strong, and creates a rush in the head. Its more intense now but doesnt prohibit me from doing anything.

The smell of these buds is just out of this world. You really cant beat it.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
This PK is the Pure Kush from cut only that I picked up in Humboldt via a fellow who lives there. There is a thread around somewhere where the debate over it's history continues. Try a search for PK..... Was it an original cut off the OG? Was it a cross of the OG? These questions are some of many in this debated topic.
HERE"S ONE: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45461&highlight=pure+kush

Oops i've been making way to many assumptions lately. I need to learn to stop assuming. Sorry for the misinfo.