What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

H

humboldtlocal

Look at that super model Ganja D LOL
Everthing is looking great bro!!! That plot looks killer.. Are you building a bed 1st and then putting the Smart Pots on top with holes cut out at the bottom, so that the roots grow into the bed?

Ganja D is about as happy as a pig in poop right now. At the end of that garden there is an area with three big holes that don't drain. I tried growing in them the first year I put the garden in but they flooded when watered. The smart pots will just be sitting on the ground in that area. I won't be cutting open the bottoms. I stretch my water pretty thin on that property for the amount of plants that I do. I will be laying down weed mat under all of my smart pots. I heard from a friend that used it last year that it held some of the water in to the smart pots as well as keeping the weeds down. He was running 200 gallons and said he was giving them about 10 gallons per day during the peak of the season. Next time I show that garden it should have the weed mat down.

P

planty

Sup bro laid out all my pro mix and perlite...PVFS order will be here soon then I'm filling pots..going to have the trench done for the propane tank today...already got shit out there..

Mr.Pyrex

ahhhh your making me jealous still got another 6+ weeks weather permitting before i can get anything going!!

G

Ganja D

Ganja D is about as happy as a pig in poop right now. At the end of that garden there is an area with three big holes that don't drain. I tried growing in them the first year I put the garden in but they flooded when watered. The smart pots will just be sitting on the ground in that area. I won't be cutting open the bottoms. I stretch my water pretty thin on that property for the amount of plants that I do. I will be laying down weed mat under all of my smart pots. I heard from a friend that used it last year that it held some of the water in to the smart pots as well as keeping the weeds down. He was running 200 gallons and said he was giving them about 10 gallons per day during the peak of the season. Next time I show that garden it should have the weed mat down.

Happy is right! We're going to be doing some special things here. The amount of care, attention to detail, planning and love going into these organic gardens should result in very special meds.

This has been my dream and goal in life as long as I can remember. I've grown a lot of herb and worked very hard to get here. Thanks HumboldtLocal for giving me an opportunity to grow the best with the best. We have a great team here and every minute is amazing.:tiphat:

There is no place in the world that exists like Humboldt. I finally feel home.

HumboldtLocal Wow. I love the magic that you do every year. I watch you last season and was extremely impressed. I admire your work and will be doing a grow outdoors this year also if I can find a descent spot in the 707, which shouldn't be to hard in the southern part of the area where I am. That great you got Ganja D in the action I kinda remember that name from last year aswell,was he on here commented or something? Anyway Iam taking a seat and watching one of the finest outdoor medical grows on here.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
The Blue Dream grew very vigorously last year. It is definitely one of those strains that can be the giant ten pound pumpkin. I might run a few as I have been offered some by some friends. It won't be the majority of my crop. I know some will not want to hear this but, there has been a major flood of Blue Dream in Cali in the last year. My collective has so many members growing it for them that they can't take most of it. I will be sticking to other less common strains for the most part. If you look at the Harborside vendor page they have a list of strains that they won't take because they have an excess and the Dream is number one on the list. .

Yep , the BlueD sure has had a stellar run but has been wayyyy over done now . Perfect begginer strain & lovely to grow/easy haze just can't place it in the Elite "dank" dept. Early finisher for a haze have always called it "Chic Weed" , for all the
chics all love the Blue Dream cause its so spicy & dreamy !

Would for sure recommend finding something a little more unique & more interesting
to grow...though for OD that can be a long search & many trials .

Love to see the line-up for this yr ...doing the VIP again ? Sounds like u have the right hardworking , dedicated man for project manager ...& he's havin fun !!

;o)

mr

McDank805

hahahah nomaad if you could care less why type all that?? hahah!!!
blue dream is better indoor anyway and your chumps for only caring about the money aspect of this beautiful plant!!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Sweet grow fuck!!! lol.As far as growers getting along lol after working with many I can tell you they don't lol.They all think they are right or they know whats right and that is that lol..you just grin and bear it or not. McDank805 I have had an outdoor Trainwreck X PK that was as good as any indoor a few years back. So I would say it depends on the strain and the season ,GROWER ,timing,location and so on... Money always plays a role lol lol .. it's the hoarding that sucks..but did you say $9800.00 lb holy shit you guys make lots of $ for your bud..I see why you go for the big producers lol peace out Headband707

OzzBozz

outdoor OG is the bomb!
im still smoking on some homegrown green house OG in a very humid area of the county, where 10 years ago... they said this kind of bud wouldn't have been able to have been grown. I believe the reduction of the forest ( timber cutting... green diamond ) has something to do with the ability to grow outdoor here in norhum... micro-climate change. down in the south, and it's on i have to imagine.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Right on HL, I love your threads and pics! Let me know if you ever want to automate the watering of those beasts, I have a fairly simple setup that allows each plant to drink as much as it wants, and if you're just giving them plain water it can even be hooked up with no reservoir, pumps or timers! ;)

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Good Luck. In the Documentary, "waiting to exhale", a grow like yours performed by a co-op got popped even though it was growing under 215. I liked the way the handicapped patients were doing easier tasks than the able patients. Looks like some decent soil you got there.

How many people do you expect to help? I don't mean laborwise, I mean, how many people will be getting those meds?

try comb

i wouldn't even bother defending myself if I were you N. plantys weak one liner pick a fight posts are not worth the time. unless ur selling all your product in mr rodgers neighborhood. pffft.