What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Steve The Croc Hunter

hell0 all

Wow its sad that this guy died doing what he loved to do in life. you would think that he would have gotten killed be something else other than a stingray. i wish him and his family the best of luck this joints for you buddy may you rest in peace :joint:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
420giveaway
Yea just read that, such a pitty :( We've always wanted to visit him once we finally make it over there, guess it's too late now.

All our thoughts go out to his family and friends.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
good to see a positive thread.
the 1st one has gone sour witha troll mocking his passing with stupid photoshop images.

Rest in peace Steve :( you will be greatly missed by millions :(

Murphy

He was truely a great educator and adventurer of our time........I for one, will miss him and all the crazy, entertaining shit he risked his neck to show the world. Sad to see someone so true has been lost.

G

:badday:

he was so passionate for what he did. i wish i was half as motivated as that man.

R.I.P. Croc Hunter Steve Irwin

GoodbyeBlueSky

truly sad to hear of this. he was without a doubt the most interesting and enthusiastic nature show host there ever was. i find 99% of that stuff to be too dull and dry to bare, but steve irwin made it interesting.

it's just a goddamn shame... RIP steve

Blackstone

The Croc Hunter was always entertaining. I remember seeing him on TV before he even got famous. It was on at like midnight and me and my friend were sitting there drinking. It was the night vision camera and he jumps in the water on top of a huge croc and me and my friend were just like "WTF!" and laughing our asses off. That dude had balls - RIP Croc Hunter

MK-Ultra

Really Sadd new's. I loved to watch that Show and this is the first new's i had heard about his passing. Been busy lately and didn't see it on tv or anything. very sadd. I watched his show's about Snakes he did un the USA awhile back, eastern Diamond Back Rattler's and many more Copper Head, Cottonmouths. Sorry to see ya go Steve, you will be never forgotten.........

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Man this sucks. He was so cool and eccentric. I loved the show and I am glad he was something he loved. He lived a dangerous life and knew it and loved every second of it. RIP Steve we will miss you!

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Crikey, I couldn't believe it. At least he left this earth doing something he seemed to love doing. It's a sad loss, but I can't wait for the tribute marathon (is anyone at the Discovery Channel listening).

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
All i can say is Crikey. The man was a great environmentalist, and seemed to love what he did so much. It just blows me away that he would meet his end from a sting ray. I mean really think about it, he would hold taipans and sea snakes close to his body and never have any ill come of it. I feel for his widow and his two children. R.I.P mate. :badday: :fsu:

peace -fb

Last edited:
G

im pissed then im sad im mad then im sad.... this is beyond Fucked up....... words cannot put into perspective the levity of it all

I wonder how long it will take for fotage to leak to the internet....

If they were out there FILMING, I bet thay have his untimely demise on video....!

RIP

G

took this off of, excite's front page...

Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous barb on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.

"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.

Crew members aboard the boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead when they arrived a short time later, Stainton said.

wow............... :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

Last edited:

Guvnor

Very sad news, apart from being a class entertainer (even if he didnt mean to be) he was truly passionate about animals, really had a great love and fascination for them and it showed. The work the geezer done at austrila's zoo was second to none.

My thought go out to his wife and two yound children. Live by the sword die by the sword I say, and Im sure he thought the exact same thing. He's side-stepped the grim reaper many a time, maybe this time he just caught up.

All The Best
Guv'nor :joint: