What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cooking with rosin

velorex

hi
i live in an area with very limited resources.
best stuff i can get my hands on. is rosin pressed from standard morrocan hash. wanna try making something edible. and i'm thinking the rosin would make a more potent and less bitter end product.
anyone have experience cooking with rosin? any and all tips are apreciated.

cheers

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I use rosin to make edibles all the time. In fact, it's all I use for edibles.

No straining or squeezing or messy afterbirth to discard. Just yummy rosin (which still tastes like shit). LOL

Here is what I do....

I take the rosin and put about a gram in a small Pyrex dish. I rig that dish so it sits tilted (so the tiny bit of rosin I'm using gathers in the corner) and I put it in the oven at 240F for 40 minutes.

When I take it out, I add about a half teaspoon of butter and a tiny sprinkle of sunflower lecithin and mix it in the hot Pyrex dish. The dish is still hot from being in the oven so the butter and lecithin mix really really well.

That's the basics.

I have high tolerance so I need almost an entire gram for a single dose. If you're tolerance is lower, use more butter or oil.

From there, sometimes I let it harden. I put some in caps. I use some for cooking. Whatever.

Sometimes I used coconut oil instead of butter (actually, usually).

I used to make a lot of stuff like brownies and cookies but I eventually found it to be much easier to just eat the butter/oil in caps or on toast, in my coffee, on my cereal, whatever.

Farm Hero

Other than mixing it with oil to be more bio-available.... eat it. Already been decarbed in the "rosin" process.

Kinda like asking how to eat an English muffin, guess the answer is however you prefer it.

Eat it with MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) if you want a kick in the knickers

Just wondering how you know the rosin technique has been used on your hashish? or not

Last edited:

velorex

thanks for the advice guys.
the rosin looks, feels and smells very differently from morrocan hash.
and it has much more of a kick.
gonna try mixing it with cocnut oil.
i'll update once i tried it

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi,

The Rosin process doesn't decarboxylate the THC-A, you still must decarb your rosin to make it active
" THC/CBD in Live Resin and Rosin, are in carboxylic acid form (THC-a/CBD-a)."
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Best thread for cooking properly on icmag, apply same principles as cooking with hashish. Excellent 101 for cooking.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205263&page=4

Though beware of :
-adulterants in the hash that may transfer in the rosin
-possible bacterial/fungal contamination of rosin

T.

WishDoctor

and it still tastes like soap, not clean.
co2 and bho no taste
hot press, just as bad as sift and bubble