What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt feminized limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow Syd,

What a nice growth in just 2 weeks! ;)
Have a lovely weekend!

G

Cheers fellas!
I think she is preparing to get into flowering.Is it the Erdpurt side causing that?Luckily I kinda anticipated that and transplanted in final pot 2 weeks ago,way before all the rest.I REALLY wouldn't mind an early-mid September harvest.:biggrin:

o7iCYfk.jpg
WfiPiwL.jpg
Ov4TSmS.jpg
aqTJ3SZ.jpg

orfeas

Veteran
My BD x EP sprouted on May 14th and coupla weeks ago I transplanted it into a 25lt pot assuming it won't grow big...
Now at 110cm it's almost root bound and I am having second thoughts about the pot...should I or should I not? or should I wait till flowering kicks in and attempt up-potting then? :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100515.jpg
    P1100515.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100516.jpg
    P1100516.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20

40degsouth

Hi everyone!!!
Can't tell you all just how excited l am to have just picked up the last pack of these from the "Ace" website; sorry to anyone who missed out!!
I've been looking for a very long time, 25 years 😉, for my ultimate strain.....finished half way through April, or less, cold, mould and disease resistant, dense, easy to trim buds that go all the way from the top to the bottom of the stems, which, results in high yields and hard hitting potency. I'm hoping from all the good things l've been reading about this plant that this is it!!
Because it's such a new plant there's a few questions l haven't been able to answer for myself, in my research and was hoping this might be a good place to ask 🤓
1) What do you believe is the maximum amount of soil they need?
2) What is the minimum amount of daylight hours before they can be put outdoors (using sunrise and sunset as daylight hours)
3) It states in the description, that they require medium-high feeds, from memory but perhaps someone could outline an outdoors feeding schedule that has been productive.
4) What's the maximum height, width and weight achievable in a perfect scenario and
5) What is the best pheno to watch out for??
I'd like to say "thanks " to Dubi for talking the time out of his day to be present in these threads and pass on his knowledge and genetics, without ego and within a time frame that is helpful!!
:woohoo:
I'm on "The Ace Train"

ULMW

My BD x EP sprouted on May 14th and coupla weeks ago I transplanted it into a 25lt pot assuming it won't grow big...
Now at 110cm it's almost root bound and I am having second thoughts about the pot...should I or should I not? or should I wait till flowering kicks in and attempt up-potting then? :biggrin:

Nice work there Orfeas!
I would be inclined to up potting prior to flower so she can really settle into her new bigger environment and then start stetching and putting buds out.
Happy growing! You will enjoy the end results!:)

ULMW

Hi everyone!!!
Can't tell you all just how excited l am to have just picked up the last pack of these from the "Ace" website; sorry to anyone who missed out!!
I've been looking for a very long time, 25 years 😉, for my ultimate strain.....finished half way through April, or less, cold, mould and disease resistant, dense, easy to trim buds that go all the way from the top to the bottom of the stems, which, results in high yields and hard hitting potency. I'm hoping from all the good things l've been reading about this plant that this is it!!
Because it's such a new plant there's a few questions l haven't been able to answer for myself, in my research and was hoping this might be a good place to ask 🤓
2) What is the minimum amount of daylight hours before they can be put outdoors (using sunrise and sunset as daylight hours)
3) It states in the description, that they require medium-high feeds, from memory but perhaps someone could outline an outdoors feeding schedule that has been productive.
4) What's the maximum height, width and weight achievable in a perfect scenario and
I'd like to say "thanks " to Dubi for talking the time out of his day to be present in these threads and pass on his knowledge and genetics, without ego and within a time frame that is helpful!!
I'm on "The Ace Train"

Greetings 40degresouth!
Welcome and thanks for your post and interesting questions.
I will try share some ideas in the hopes that it'll help.

1) Maximum amount is not really a question. Stick one in a field and watch how big it gets...well Dubi has his Gardens and they do get big!!!
I would hazzard a guess and say minimum for an outdoors plant would be 30l pot but I would always grow direct into soil itself when I farmed outdoors in Africa.
I grew this indoors and 20l pots were fine . So 30 to 50 l outdoor pots I presume to give a decent size plant..Check some of the outdoor grows here and see what they use.
2) Minimum amount of day Light yiu need more than 12 to stand a chance to get your plant vegged and ready to flower once the daylight hours drop to 12 and less.
3)Outdoors , Veganics, Bio Bizz or Canna Bio all worked for me. As a simple rule of thumb, "LESS IS MORE" , you can always add but you cannot always take away. So go gentle to start , I go half dose of the suggested feeding program that comes with Canna and my plants seem to manage.
4) The answers are very much depending upon the conditions you create and how you manage your gardening. Light is a major player but outdoors you should be fine. Feeding and roots would be the two next areas along with growing medium. If you have these in good balance then the sky is the limit in terms of what each plant can or will yield. They are medium to heavy yielders for indica hybrids.
5) The pheno I had was very familiar with several colums and each arm was full of buds. Nice sized nugs and easy to grow and harvest.
Hope this is of some help. Peace and Happy Growing! ULMW:)

40degsouth

Hey thanks ULMW for your answers l really appreciate it 🍻 I can see from your photos that you have tested these plants and you are just the person to talk to.....so thanks for taking the time to respond.
The reason l was asking about the maximum soil is because I've got 16 1000 gallon pots and five 300s. In your experience should l plant three in a 1000 or one in a 1000, or should l plant one in a 300???? See my problem....will one plant fill a 1000??
The other thing is, on the 1st of November our daylight hours are 14 and it's safe, in my experience, to put out clones. I've had great success with my seed starts one week before the no moon in September, with no suplimental lighting and straight ouside once they pop. So in a round about sort of way l'm asking....given the auto-flower tendency of the Erdpert, what would be a safe time to plant to ensure all the plants went straight into veg, or is this something that l shouldn't even worry about??
I do know what you mean about "less is more". I have chased my tail, on more than one occasion trying to fix deficiencies that were actually lock outs; you live and learn. I'd like to think that I've got my amendments down pretty well until a particular plant shows a deficiency and go from there; no soil tests here.
I also use act's weekly, fish emulsion and liquid kelp as well as top dressing throughout the season with various things. I try to taylor this to the vigour of the plant but obviously when you know a plant it's a lot easier to preempt what they're about to need in their next phase of growth.
Unfortunately not all products that are available to a lot of gardeners on here are available to us and as a result l've done countless hours of research to come up with similar products and then had to test them.
Just trying to get a solid plan worked out so l can do the best l can by the plants!! 👍😀

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers fellas!
I think she is preparing to get into flowering.Is it the Erdpurt side causing that?Luckily I kinda anticipated that and transplanted in final pot 2 weeks ago,way before all the rest.I REALLY wouldn't mind an early-mid September harvest.:biggrin:

View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

Looking very healthy Syd :)

This indica hybrid was harvested last season in early October but was planted quite late (15th-20th June).
Your female seems to be quite influenced by the green ErdPurt parental plant so hopefully will be an early finisher!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi orfeas,

If you don't have restrictions with the size of your plants then i would recommend you to transplant them as soon as they are going to be root bound. If you need smalelr and more discreet plants then better only transplant her when she is starting the flowering, to make sure all the nutrients from the new soil will be used to produce a bountiful flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone!!!
I'm on "The Ace Train"

Welcome 40degsouth :)

Glad you had the chance to grab the last Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt pack at our website. Thanks for supporting our work.

1) This hybrid was flowered last season in 800 liter pots and yielded approx 1.5 kg per plant.

2) At your latitude and in southern hemisphere i would start them from seed from November onwards, but not before.

3) For smaller indoor or outdoor plants this hybrid works well between 1-1.3 EC range, if they reach bigger outdoor sizes then it can accept more nutrients (EC 1.5 up to 1.8).

4) 2,5 x 2,5 meters approx.

5) All the phenos are nice, let us know your opinion after finishing the season :yes:

A pleasure to be able to help. Best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We have found 3 more Black Domina 98 x ErdPurt packs in the fridge ;)

These will be really the last ones until more stock is produced (and it won't happen in short term).

40degsouth

Hey, you wouldn't read about it, l just picked up the last pack again 🎉🙏, this is just meant to be. I'm even more excited now Dubi, I've read your post about five times so it all sinks in!! Thank you so much for your answers l really do appreciate the time you've taken out of your day to help.
I'm thinking, now I've got some back ups, l might start three under a Light at 14 hours, in September, to see the difference between seed starts and plants started earlier, when they're put out in November.??
I hope l can match the growth rates Orfeas has produced when our daylight hours are at their longest, around the end of December.
I would love to update the thread as to my experiences and how the plants are doing. I can't express how much I'm enjoying the vibe of the "Ace thread" and the casual, relaxed manner Dubi and the senior members bring to the party; it reminds me of "The Growing Large Plants Outdoors" thread when it first started.........may it rest in peace 😩
Thanks everyone and good luck with the grows to come 😉

kickarse

Got a pack of these, i'm 38.5 sth, normally start seeds inside,
put them out half way thru November, depends on the season,
we hardly get a spring some years, last years plants got smashed by the wind,
live on top of the hill, got great views, but lots of wind some years

8ft x 8ft, 3 lbs + sounds good, will give it a go :biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

If you don't have restrictions with the size of your plants then i would recommend you to transplant them as soon as they are going to be root bound. If you need smalelr and more discreet plants then better only transplant her when she is starting the flowering, to make sure all the nutrients from the new soil will be used to produce a bountiful flowering.

Thank you, dubi!
At 120cm today I pulled her out of the pot for inspection and as I had predicted she's root bound alright...
As for restriction, I wish there wouldn't be any...so I'll let her be for a week or two and then into 35lt pot...

orfeas

Veteran
No matter how experienced one is, pulling out a 150cm plant off a 25lt pot it just ain't easy...I've pulled it through though and got away with only a small twig near the top having to lay her down and out of the pot...so there she is, pulsing with life, fat shiny leaves and all...

P.S. One good thing about being suspended from work is that I can post like a whore :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100589.jpg
    P1100589.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 26
G

Wow Orf!Mine is half the height and easing herself slowly into flower mode...Some pruning had to be done for space management.
MfBzbhx.jpg
Ce3Cx4w.jpg
y47NjFv.jpg

40degsouth

Hi everyone, my first pack arrived today and l can tell you it's always a relief in these parts.
Well when l say "first", it's actually the second one l ordered, l've had similar situations in the past so I'm not worried.
I have had a lot of trouble tracking the packages since they were picked up, in Spain and the update of the package l received today is that it's still in transit. It wasn't "stealth" either which may be an issue for some people.
Anyway first one here, one to go and spring looks like it's early this year with many native and introduced plants in bloom early; birds are also nesting early and l even saw two plover chicks a couple of days ago.........time to get busy.

40degsouth

Sorry for the double but l wanted to tell Orfeas that his plant's looking great and ask if it's been outdoors?? if so, I'm also wondering just how much sun it's getting a day to get such fantastic growth in a relatively small container.
Thanks everyone and good luck for the next few months.