What's new

Very worried found gross little worms/larve in my DTC. Please help ID

Hello, i am growing in a 9 site current culture setup. Plants are in veg and ready to go into flower. Before i flip though i need to know what these little worms are.

They were in the water in the roots both above and below the water line. I found about 40 of them. My plants are doing fine and i don't see any problems. Tiny bit of leaf curl upwards but nothing new.

In the pic the worm is sitting on a piece of notebook paper so the lines you can tell its almost the size of a line of notebook paper or about 1 cm.

picture.php

Can you tell me the best way to kill anything in DWC water?

Do you know what they are?

Any other advice on keeping DWC bug free inside the water I'd appreciate.

I haven't had any bug in the water before and i am very careful about cleanliness and quarantine. Thanks for the help

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Im sorry to say that I'm not able to ID that thing for you.

I also don't have any experience with DWC but I THINK diatomaceous earth would work.

There are members who would know for sure. If the plants are looking fine, I'd wait a little longer until they chime in.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Was that larva's body dark or translucent/transparent when alive?

Fungus gnat larvae are translucent/transparent with a dark head.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's what I was wondering Buzz. I have never seen anything like that in the pic. All signs point to fungus gnats larvae but that sucker looks solid color. Really strange. Maybe more pics are needed for positive ID.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Could be a shore fly larva from the looks of the tail end. Shore fly larva have a forked breathing tube at their tail.

Spaventa

Veteran
If i saw that in my res the first thing I would add is vomit. Around 20ml per litre I imagine.

al70

Veteran
syphon em out,, looks like a crawler that fell into the drink, check up above, goodluck.

al70

Veteran
if they're happy in the water, check your supply, keep one or two alive in a jar o water, tell them to f@~k off when they're old enough to understand, lol, goodluck.

Latest posts

Latest posts