What's new

Can DWC be successful at 80 res temp

LostTribe

Premium user
not recommended I wouldn't do it above 75 degrees I am a hydroton drip fan though less problems with rez temps

well read 'snypes rdwc'. he said 1 drop Clorox bleach per gal prevents rot above 70's. he changes every 10 days. I do 12, since I add the drops every 4 days, so 12 days per rez change. I do readings every 4 days, ec, ph...I also use ice bottles each night but snype said I didn't have to. but im afraid and water getting yucky in 12 days anyway. they sure do like fresh changes. twice my coco yield. Oregon law only lets me grow 4 plants so 2 flower, 2 veggin...I might try an additive someday but taste is ok.

DabStar

Ok figured I would point out that if you are in a basement you can use a mini sub. pump and a copper coil running from your sump drain hole with cool ground water around your bucket and back into the sump drain and bring temps to a constant 70 or so. if your not in a basement same will apply if you put a copper coil about 10 ft below the ground and pump water out through the ground and back around you bucket with a bucket in the center for you water to push out and return to.

DabStar

Forgot the last option of running the same process in and out of a mini fridge get one of c.list for a few bucks so your not mad at drilling a few holes in the side.

Latest posts

Latest posts