What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Dogtown

Hi Dubi,

those Purple Zamal x Erdpurt and Oaxaca 79 x Erdpurt sounds pretty interesting. What flowering time would you expect from this crosses?

all best
Dogtown

M

Maquiypa

Oooooh 'Purpurea Ticinensis' I have never cultivated or smoked it...

Last edited:

Theorganicguy

Dubi or anyone got info on what the different phenotypes are and what ones tend to express a higher cbd:thc ratio?

Hi Rioht :)
As far as I've had the chance to see there are three recurring phenos which can be morphologically classified in two main categories:

Archetypical Erdpurt phenos: Stocky, fleshy and rigid stems, wide leaves, bracts density fluctuates between compact and rock hard. This expressions can be further sorted in green and pink/purple subphenos.

Pink/purple phenos show a wider array of colours: pink pistils, red stems and purple bracts. Taste resembles forest fruits, pine, earthy-wet soil and freshly picked Boletus. Chemotype is almost always 1:1, ranging between 4 and 7%. Examples can be found at post #122, #181,#265 and #309
Green phenos, as the name suggest, are less picturesque, overall uniform green and more subtle in taste as well. They tend to have a hashy taste along some sour lingering notes. Dubi commented them as being less frequent and having a 1:3 THC:CBD ratio, which fits with my experience breeding with that particular pheno. I had a male specimen that gave birth to various hybrids and many of them tested at 2% THC and 8% CBD. You can found it at post #183

Purpurea Ticinensis: Medium sized, narrow-ish leaves, often presents entirely red stems and trunk. Highest mould resistance found in the genotype. Taste tends towards forest fruits. 51North's and Green Squall's plants at post #303 and #306 are great examples.

In my humble opinion, the best way to recognise the different chemotypes is to rub the stem. The more piney, acrid smelling specimens tend to produce THC and CBD in roughly equal proportion, while the more hash smelling specimens, which often don't display as much colour, usually have more CBD than THC. Dubi's post #87 shows many different expressions and may be worth a look at as well.

Keep in mind this is all strong anecdotally and based on a small population I've been exploring in recent years. Genetic isn't always straightforward and genetic recombination could potentially results in unexpected surprises.

I hope I could help :)

-Rioht-

Thanks organic, that was super helpful, really appreciate listing the examples too!

I'm looking for a good high CBD specimen to breed with my CBD#1 to get regular seeds, so sounds like i am looking for the green pheno :)

Hi Rioht :)
As far as I've had the chance to see there are three recurring phenos which can be morphologically classified in two main categories:

Archetypical Erdpurt phenos: Stocky, fleshy and rigid stems, wide leaves, bracts density fluctuates between compact and rock hard. This expressions can be further sorted in green and pink/purple subphenos.

Pink/purple phenos show a wider array of colours: pink pistils, red stems and purple bracts. Taste resembles forest fruits, pine, earthy-wet soil and freshly picked Boletus. Chemotype is almost always 1:1, ranging between 4 and 7%. Examples can be found at post #122, #181,#265 and #309
Green phenos, as the name suggest, are less picturesque, overall uniform green and more subtle in taste as well. They tend to have a hashy taste along some sour lingering notes. Dubi commented them as being less frequent and having a 1:3 THC:CBD ratio, which fits with my experience breeding with that particular pheno. I had a male specimen that gave birth to various hybrids and many of them tested at 2% THC and 8% CBD. You can found it at post #183

Purpurea Ticinensis: Medium sized, narrow-ish leaves, often presents entirely red stems and trunk. Highest mould resistance found in the genotype. Taste tends towards forest fruits. 51North's and Green Squall's plants at post #303 and #306 are great examples.

In my humble opinion, the best way to recognise the different chemotypes is to rub the stem. The more piney, acrid smelling specimens tend to produce THC and CBD in roughly equal proportion, while the more hash smelling specimens, which often don't display as much colour, usually have more CBD than THC. Dubi's post #87 shows many different expressions and may be worth a look at as well.

Keep in mind this is all strong anecdotally and based on a small population I've been exploring in recent years. Genetic isn't always straightforward and genetic recombination could potentially results in unexpected surprises.

I hope I could help :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dogtown,

I expect the Oaxaca x ErdPurt will finish in around 9-10 weeks and the purple Zamal x ErdPurt around 11-12 weeks, with a much faster flowering onset outdoors thanks to ErdPurt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much for your elaborated reply Theorganicguy ;)

-Rioht-, morphologically and terpene wise, 2 main ErdPurt phenos can be found: the green Erdbeer pheno of more piney, earthy and hashy terpenes and the colorful Purpuera Ticinensis of more forest fruits kind of terpenes. Phenos inbetween can also be found.

The strain is quite inbred nowadays so the chemotypes are not necessarily linked to their appearance. Most ErdPurts produce a balanced 1.1 THC:CBD chemotype, while there's also a less frequent low THC/high CBD chemotype like the one reported in ErdPurt B analysis. Non CBD rich chemotypes are extremely rare to find.

Cactus Wes

Erdpurt Green Pheno

Erdpurt Green Pheno

I grew an erdpurt and gave it way to much kelp. It was so green it was almost black. It was in the same tent as a Purple Haze x Malawi that kicked all other plants out of the tent two weeks before the erdpurt was done. So I had to finish it in a closet. Lol. When she was done she started pushing bananas.
picture.php
picture.php

Cactus Wes

Erdpurt Green Pheno

Erdpurt Green Pheno

As I was saying my Erdpurt started pushing bananas and one of the days I was picking them off, I forgot to wash my hands, then started manipulating my Purple Haze x Malawi and I may have managed to pollinate it a tiny bit. Once harvested, I was trimming one day and I had a bud of Erdpurt in one hand and a kola of Purple Haze x Malawi in the other and 2 seeds fell into my trim tray at that moment and I had no idea what bud it came out of.
This is the plant it grew.
This very well might be a
(Purple Haze x Malawi) x Erdpurt feminized.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cactus Wes,

I cannot tell for sure by looking at your pics, but your ACE Mix plant looks to thin leaved to me for being ErdPurt.

Cactus Wes

Hi Cactus Wes,

I cannot tell for sure by looking at your pics, but your ACE Mix plant looks to thin leaved to me for being ErdPurt.

I know I have been posting across alot of threads in the past couple of days.
The first two pictures is of an Erdpurt Standard from a pack I bought at the beginning of the year last year. The erdpurt seeds I cracked all had vigorous seedling growth and were waiting impatiently for the other plants, to go into flower. It was green from start to finish no color no fade due to too much kelp.
Thank you for confirming the second set of pictures, the trifoliated seedling plant, doesn't quite look like an Erdpurt. The whole grow I was wondering if the Erdpurt selfed or if some pollen got on my Purple Haze x Malawi Standard like a happy accident.
Thank you, cheers!

-Rioht-

Anyone know what the English translation of erdpurt is? I know Erdbeer is German for strawberry so I'm guessing its gotta mean something.

Also, as I've been reading into the parent strains if erdpurt, I've found a few descriptions that erdbeer is actually a sativa/indica hybrid (depending what site reports it).

Examples:
(60/40 split) from allbud
Unknown sativa x Afghanistan from s33dfinder

I also found a thread where dubi talks about esbe's erdpurt which lists erdbeer as an afghani dominant strain, does that just mean the afghani genetics are dominant, but still true indica?

Essentially just wondering if we know for sure if erdbeer (and thus erdpurt) is a true 100% indica.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Anyone know what the English translation of erdpurt is? I know Erdbeer is German for strawberry so I'm guessing its gotta mean something.

Also, as I've been reading into the parent strains if erdpurt, I've found a few descriptions that erdbeer is actually a sativa/indica hybrid (depending what site reports it).

Examples:
(60/40 split) from allbud
Unknown sativa x Afghanistan from s33dfinder

I also found a thread where dubi talks about esbe's erdpurt which lists erdbeer as an afghani dominant strain, does that just mean the afghani genetics are dominant, but still true indica?

Essentially just wondering if we know for sure if erdbeer (and thus erdpurt) is a true 100% indica.

Erdbeer seems to be developed in Switzerland in 1999 by a student.Another story is that an unknown farmer bred the Erdbeer around that time.Genetics unknown.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi -Rioht-,

Erdbeer was an Afghani clone widely grown for commercial purposes in Switzerland during the time the cultivation and sale of THC rich flowers was legal/tolerated there 20 years ago. I don't have first hand experience with the original Erdbeer clone so i cannot comment much about it, but i've been growing and breeding with ErdPurt for more than 10 years and for me it's a textbook pure Afghani indica (almost landrace type, with CBD rich chemotypes, as can be found in field reproduced Afghani landraces) like very few commercial western indica strains, which most are THC rich 'skunkified' Afghanis. That's not ErdPurt's case.

-Rioht-

Thanks Dubi! Really excited to try growing some true afghani genetics outdoors here in Canada:).

Any ideas about the translation?

-Rioht-

What do you mean about 'Any ideas about the translation?'

Hey, sorry was referring to my above post.

Wondering if erdpurt translates to anything in English.

I know erdbeer is 'strawberry' in German so I'm guessing erdpurt refers to something as well but haven't been able to figure it out.

Theorganicguy

Hey, sorry was referring to my above post.

Wondering if erdpurt translates to anything in English.

I know erdbeer is 'strawberry' in German so I'm guessing erdpurt refers to something as well but haven't been able to figure it out.

This hybrid is a cross of Erdbeer + Purpurea Ticinensis, hence the name ;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've got 4 Erdpurt x Purple Satellite seeds that just sprouted. I made the cross myself last year with an Erdpurt fem and two frisky PS males... Should be interesting outdoors this year. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts