What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 m@lawi fem tree 10o0w

R

rüdiger

hey:tiphat:,

My malawi fem is also a very nutrient effective plant, got tip burn with EC over 0,6-0,7.
Maybe the clones flowering in your dwc setup produce their own nutrient with photosynthesis and your high DO level. would be the only explanation to me.

Do you prepare your nut.sol. with RO water?
What ferts are used, whats the NPK? PH?
What light schedule is she?
She looks very N saturated, this is no bad but it can delay bud formation and make them flower very long until they use all the N.
I try to reduce the N level slowly but constant in a flowering sativa to the point she start to eat upon herself.
High trichome prod. in early flower could be also caused by this, but Im sure you got some "killer pheno".

don't get me wrong-
YOUR TREE is amazing, wish I had the room:woohoo:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hey
tiphat.gif

My malawi fem is also a very nutrient effective plant, got tip burn with EC over 0,6-0,7.
Maybe the clones flowering in your dwc setup produce their own nutrient with photosynthesis and your high DO level. would be the only explanation to me.

Do you prepare your nut.sol. with RO water?
What ferts are used, whats the NPK? PH?
What light schedule is she?
She looks very N saturated, this is no bad but it can delay bud formation and make them flower very long until they use all the N.
I try to reduce the N level slowly but constant in a flowering sativa to the point she start to eat upon herself.
High trichome prod. in early flower could be also caused by this, but Im sure you got some "killer pheno".

don't get me wrong-
YOUR TREE is amazing, wish I had the room
woohoo.gif

my malawi is more sensitive then yours..my ec is 0,2-0,4 for
a long time now..and this is because that i find o,6-0,8 dangerous
for my lady,..the ferts i use sre GHE without any additives or boosters.i never look ph...i mix 1/10 tap water with the 9/10 RO water and everything goes well...lately i changed my timer
11/13..and are not N saturated,its just because im lazy and lately
i dont change the water from the sustem
biggrin.gif

im very happy with the bud formation and im sure that have 1g/w with this lady.
thanks for interesting man,no worries and thanks for passing by..

Those retro pics are great bro! You are near to one lovely harvest.

thanks a lot bro! from your mouth to the god ears......

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
61 days flower:woohoo:

ec 0,2-0,4 -maybe this plant need less-

picture.php

left side

picture.php

the view from above

picture.php

tree of life

picture.php

sticky stinky malawi buds

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great updates tjo!

Malawi is usually a moderate/light feeder although it depends on the needs of the concrete individual. Your looks very happy so far :)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Orfeas i need the garlic for cooking..
oh!and i believe in god, so im not afraid evil eyes:sasmokin:

Dubi is funny how i grow this plant..almost without nutrients!
and she has great frosty flowering traits!

picture.php

this malawi plant is not the same with mine..she needs 11 weeks
flower and doesnt make big buds, just small cookies..
the smell of her is so terrible that i can not descibe it yet,i like it some how...
in this photo im trying to root the top of the plant with an old traditional way...

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
it might go 140 days if you gave it a boost of organic p and k!

sorry but i dont understand exactly what you say..im greek:biggrin:
if i gave boost it might go more days then if i dont??
i dont have plans to gave any boost or let her 140 days..

wingdings

Veteran
Malawi doesnt really flower that long Aficionado but she sure is special. Keep up the beautiful work tjo! Gosh thats an amazing bush.

konopenko

Veteran
Tjo will you remove some yellow leaves so light can penetrate a bit deeper? Great grow so far bro! Will you smoke all that ganja alone..I belive someone should help you with that :)

High tjo!

Looking great! Two thumbs up!

What can you say about stretching? I am at day 38 at the moment and hope that stretching would stop in 2-3weeks. How is your light 12/12? 11/13?

PAW

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PunkAssWeed,

The streching should stop in the next 2 weeks, as you have planned.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
sorry but i dont understand exactly what you say..im greek:biggrin:
if i gave boost it might go more days then if i dont??
i dont have plans to gave any boost or let her 140 days..

The boosters are used from start of flowering until mid flowering to make the plant produce more fresh flowers and usually more resin production. The use of boosters can make the flowering time a bit longer due the reflowerings.

Both, fertilizer and booster are used during all this cycle, the fertilizer provides the macro and micro nutrients and the booster improves the nutrient assimilation.

I would only recommend to use boosters with genetics that are sexually firm (that's the case of malawi), otherwise it can force hermie traits in genetics with this kind of tendencies (usually they contain hormones).

Hope it helps!

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Malawi doesnt really flower that long Aficionado but she sure is special. Keep up the beautiful work tjo! Gosh thats an amazing bush.

that bush is mind boggling crazy huge. its seriously lik nature in ur room

thanks for the very kind words friends..wish the same for all

Tjo will you remove some yellow leaves so light can penetrate a bit deeper? Great grow so far bro! Will you smoke all that ganja alone..I belive someone should help you with that

hi friend from near...
yeah,i will remove leaves but are so many that i can handle that
in my grow place..as for the help,im not really a person who needs
help with the ganja..but the good friends are always welcome!!

The boosters are used from start of flowering until mid flowering to make the plant produce more fresh flowers and usually more resin production. The use of boosters can make the flowering time a bit longer due the reflowerings.

Both, fertilizer and booster are used during all this cycle, the fertilizer provides the macro and micro nutrients and the booster improves the nutrient assimilation.

I would only recommend to use boosters with genetics that are sexually firm (that's the case of malawi), otherwise it can force hermie traits in genetics with this kind of tendencies (usually they contain hormones).

Hope it helps!

it helps dubi and it helps a lot man...great infos!

High tjo!

Looking great! Two thumbs up!

What can you say about stretching? I am at day 38 at the moment and hope that stretching would stop in 2-3weeks. How is your light 12/12? 11/13?

PAW

thanks for the thumbs bro! listen anything dubi says..
about my lights, now i have 11/13 and from tomorrow and until
the harvest i will set up my timer to 10/14...
sativas like this has nothing to do with the dutch hybrids!

78 days flower and the show go on....and on!

ec 0,2 -the plant needs more, but i let her starving-

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts