What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Orient Express' or 'Vietnam Black x Thai'

Prest1

Am about to make an order, have a few decisions though.

'Orient Express' or 'Vietnam Black x Thai'?

Also, same question for 'Bangi Haze' and 'Congo'?

Im pretty tempted to get em all anyway................

inquest

What are your goals for this grow?

Commercial, personal? Indoor, outdoor? Lookin for a type of high?

Cant go wrong with variety, too!! ;)

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Im pretty tempted to get em all anyway................
Seed safari! Hard not to go O-Seed-D with variety like this. :gaga: You'll trade a slightly less pure sativa effect with the Express for its shorter flowering period. Whatever you choose it's nice having this forum here to back you up! Good luck with your mission... :muahaha:

Prest1

I am calling it genetic testing. I wanna go through as many types as possible this year.

I am looking to replace my current personal mother plants and also (if possible) replace my commercial strain, but its such a yielder in such a short time. The high isnt that important, but I would like to see what other effects can be had. :)

Im not expecting to replace the commercial with the long flowering sativas. I have other seeds for that.

I think I am addicted to buying seeds now though, will have brought 20 packets since Xmas (my own Xmas present to myself :D) and looks like another 16 now in January. Its the internet that does it, too easy to look at thousands of strains with grow diaries and pretty pictures.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Prest1

If you are looking for indoor fast finishers then Orient Express and Bangi Haze. If you grow mainly outdoors in warm climate then Congo and Vietnam Black Thai. Hope it helps.

+Vibes

i'm in the midwest us of a and congo is my go-to strain every year, outdoor that is. not sure what shoes you're trying to fill but congo under the sun is my favourite every year...

I've got 2 OE fem seedlings going at the moment that are extremely vigorous.

One very hashplant chinese and a medium more sativa one that is slightly faster growing.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Good luck Prest1.

I too am thinking Orient Express. After seeing mayan and others grows of this I am certainly tempted as it sounds like my type of plant.

Is VBxT being discontinued? (Not available on the Ace website and very few shops)

It was a limited edition I think. There's so many great grows of this variety. Shame it was limited as I would of loved to give it a go also.. I didn't commit as I don't have an indoor grow space at present.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I hope so.. I'd love another run at these for sure. They were the best of all the Thai x's I got to see being run indoors.

S

smallgardener

I have VBT seeds at home, but I will not use them, if you want them for a good price, send me pm : )

Morcheeba*

Veteran
I still have a pack of VB x Thai but would really like 5 or more packs but guess I can make due with a diff. Sativa.

peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi,

will the VB x Thai ever be back around?

I hope not b/c I really wanted to run these outdoors here in fl.

peace

Greetings Morcheeba*,

There are no plans in short term to release again a Vietnam Black x Thai F1 hybrid, but you will find what you are looking for in the more sativa phenos of the Orient Express standard version. Hope it helps.