What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Ca++

Is there some reason it should cost lots more than tobacco? Which is a tenth of what we are saying here. To consumers.

Tobacco yields are higher per acre, but not by the same magnitude.

How much processing has a bag of sugar been through. A pound of cheese. A liter of whiskey is a Kg.
Cannabis was expensive when it was done in secrecy, and jail was the risk, not mites. When a big grow was in a domestic property.
Now you can grow acres of pot like it was potatoes. Why would the price be even remotely similar.

carson

For a bag of pre-ground with stems, some seeds, maybe some bird shit, sure. For anything handled with care, cured, hand trimmed, I think the price will need to be higher than tobacco. Extracts can be very inexpensive since that processing can be done on a large scale and doesn't require much fine work like trimmed flower does.

Small scale people are going to get hurt, but I actually think a lot of the legal producers are going to get crushed. They have a lot of overhead and money invested and likely promised their investors sky high returns. When the price of their product drops to 5% of what it used to be....

thugpoet

For a bag of pre-ground with stems, some seeds, maybe some bird shit, sure. For anything handled with care, cured, hand trimmed, I think the price will need to be higher than tobacco. Extracts can be very inexpensive since that processing can be done on a large scale and doesn't require much fine work like trimmed flower does.

Small scale people are going to get hurt, but I actually think a lot of the legal producers are going to get crushed. They have a lot of overhead and money invested and likely promised their investors sky high returns. When the price of their product drops to 5% of what it used to be....
That's not what's on the rec market though. It's not a high-quality product at all. It just looks pretty but usually smells/smokes like quickly dried/ salt-overfed hay. Most of the time it is machine trimmed, not handled with care or cured properly. If you grow the same clones with a minimum of care, you get much better weed than what the market is putting out.
So there is not a particularly compelling reason for the price to be high.
Then you look at the fact that there is an overabundance of growers but not of point of sales which are largely the same as under 215 (at least in my county).
You end up with basically the same demand, but a much higher supply of generally worse weed, so why would wholesale prices not continue to plummet?
Black Market putting a lot of pressure on the legal market as well.

It's purely a supply-and-demand thing. With no risk premium, more competition and a better informed demand that has more options it's only going to continue. Especially as it becomes increasingly legal everywhere.

At some point though, it will be like fine wine or liquor where some people will pay over $1000 for a bottle of Red, Champagne, ... for the highest quality. Eventually, this will be true for weed too. Imagine the price for a 1/8th of 12-month cured, fully organic and slow-dried 16+ week NLD/Sativa. A lot of people would pay a lot of money for the real deal of that.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

thugpoet

Where are those people?

A little bit here and there. It's too small of a niche to carve a market out of right now I would assume. It's also safe to assume that most people with "connoisseur" standards are growers or good friends of growers as that's been the only real way to get exposure to such things so far. But eventually, that circle will expand.

Weed really isn't mainstream to the same level booze is, mentalities still have a long way to go despite how far they have come in the last couple of years.
Right now most people are just smoking the equivalent of Bud Light and Heineken because they don't know to ask for Stouts, IPAs, ...
Imagine when we'll have the Weed equivalent of Wine tastings at a winery. High-end Cannabis bars,...etc

Sadly, until then it's just a race to the bottom of who can produce the most weed for the less input using superficial hype as a marketing tactic.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one and only way to get top dollar for your top weed is to bring it to Manhattan and find a good outlet there at a connoisseur event

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Hey there, fellow cannabis enthusiasts! .We're going to talk about the current state of the cannabis market and what we can expect in the future.

As you may have noticed, the price of cannabis has been dropping rapidly in recent years. This is due to a number of factors, including an oversupply of growers and an increase in legal competition. While this may be bad news for some legal producers with high overhead costs, it's great news for consumers who can now get their hands on high-quality cannabis at a more affordable price.

However, not all cannabis on the market is created equal. While legal producers may have to cut costs to compete, black market growers may still be able to produce higher quality product. This means that there will always be a demand for premium cannabis that is grown with care and attention to detail.

In fact, as the market continues to mature and cannabis becomes legal in more and more places, we can expect to see a rise in demand for premium products. Just like fine wine or liquor, some people will be willing to pay top dollar for the highest quality cannabis.

So what does this mean for the average consumer? Well, it means that you can expect to see a wider variety of cannabis products on the market, from budget-friendly options to premium, high-end strains. And as the market continues to evolve, we can expect to see even more innovation and experimentation in the world of cannabis.

Of course, there are still some challenges that the industry will have to face. For example, there is still a stigma surrounding cannabis use in some parts of the world. Additionally, regulations can be complex and difficult to navigate for both producers and consumers.

But overall, the future looks bright for the cannabis industry. As more and more people discover the benefits of cannabis and its many uses, we can expect to see continued growth and expansion in this exciting field.

So whether you're a seasoned cannabis connoisseur or just starting to explore the world of weed, there's never been a better time to be a part of this amazing industry. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride – we're in for an exciting journey ahead!

Adapt or Perish <---DHF

peace joe

860sbest

I’m on east coast now I deal with lots of ppl from the west and shop around because the consumers are willing to pay for top quality smoke as far as the outdoor being better or worse then indoor it’s because there’s a lot of factors when growing outdoor for instance you cannot control the weather u can’t control pollen from someone growing outdoors down the way and then u have all these “ppl” we will say that wanted to mass produce Mary but no quality control what so ever outdoors grown with love and care in perfect conditions is just as good as indoor can even get that nice tight formation but not when u r mass producing and no one is checking to see if there’s a male in there or hermaphrodite that will ruin ur crop that’s why ppl say indoor ops are better but I still see ppl gettting nanners on their indoors due to lots of factors some being genetics mostly being grower error that’s y I’m careful where I will get seeds from I don’t buy from just any seed bank (I also grow my own) but not enough to maintain what I do so if ppl got top quality at decent numbers I’m always interested I don’t want boof and I Wouldn’t pay 4k for say Gucci runtz or coochie runtz or any gumbo but I will pay fair market value by fair I don’t mean cus someone is selling some plat for 900 lb of ins I want it for 900 lb the top quality growers out in cali need to get these middle men to stop sending boof out east and then the clientele is there I know I ranted alot on here but had to make a few points about a few things now it’s 420 somewhere roll one light one and take in what I wrote