What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple haze thai x destroyer & jarilla x mexican,when the east meet the west.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello! I decided to open a thread to follow the grow of this year,nothing special, the usual universal soil, fertilize occasionally with biological fertilizer in pellets(it is a totally natural biological fertilizer based on manure and waste of animals, bones, horns ......),water and sun.
in my eternal desire to try different sativa crossings (and shamelessly inspired by the various great cross of the 60-70s),I put in the soil the seeds of purple haze thai x destroyer(a cross made some years ago),and a cross made by a friend between the CBG jarilla and a Mexican variety imported in the mid-80s and grown in southern Europe...
I planted a dozen seeds per strain, and I got three purple haze thai x destroyer(PHTD)and five mexican(JM)...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
PHTD
picture.php

JM
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The current situation:
PHTD
picture.php

JM(jarilla pheno)
picture.php

JM(mexican pheno)
picture.php

PHTD(the big plant)& JM(the little)
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Well,the summer solstice passed a few days ago,
the first preflowers appeared on the PhtD, apparently they are three females, the Mexicans still nothing ...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
thanks, I do not know if the Mexicans are more sensitive to the photoperiod (so they need 12/12 to show sex) or if they need more time ... I hope it is not a signal of long flowering, because something slower than purple haze thai scares me ...

Koondense

Veteran
More photoperiod sensitive usually means earlier flowering, also a chance of flowering when moved from 24/0 to 18/6. So your haze cross seems to be more sensitive than the mexicans... no worries, i would not expect them to preflower until mid-end july or start of august.

Cheers

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Ops,i did it again!
Seedling of:
Green haze x thai x purple haze x thai
Afghani x skunk
Kerala x skunk
Vietnam black x thai
Zamaldelica x nlhaze
Big bud x Blueberry
Diesel x zamaldelica
I have few problems,i know....
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
picture.php

although they are in the same pot, this mex shows some shortcomings, probably suffered in the small little pot, the sister seems instead to be very well...
picture.php

I love this leaves....
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I not have a pics,but all seeds was germed,except Vietnam black thai,the seeds was old and maybe not preserved as well(damn growshop!!!)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
picture.php

same father, different mothers of the same strain, look what a difference in the leaves....perhaps in 1986 had already begun the hybridization with indica varieties?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
some seeds have not sprouted, I added :
-one Blueberry fem(unknow sb)
-one purple mexican(CBG)
-one Vietnam black x thai (ACE)
-one skunk/haze x zamaldelica

Latest posts

Latest posts