What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More Power

h.h.

Veteran
240w @ 3,000k quantum
240w @ 3500k quantum

200w @ 1750k cob

200w @ 3,000k cob
400w @ 3,500k cob

Total 1280 watts.

1080 watts full time.

Moving to larger tent 5' x 10'

Need 720 more watts based on (Timber) 900 watts for a 5 x 5.

What would you add?

SuperBadGrower

What would we add, well that's a difficult question because everybody has different bottlenecks. If you are in USA it's easy mode with 4ft strips, heatsinks and two HLG-480 drivers so that's what I would do.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What quality of LEDs are you using?

900 / 25 = 36 square feet of canopy space, which is about what's needed with the correct spectrum and top of the line LEDs. 900 / 35 = 25 square feet of canopy space, about right for lower quality and older types of LEDs.

h.h.

Veteran
Using the Vero29’s with HLG boards.

50 square x 25= 1,250
Probably use about 80% of the space, but if I dim them to 80% the figures are the same.
Need about 200 watts. Probably eventually do 400 dimmed for more coverage.

Looking at some none HLG boards. Twice the number of LM301b Samsung’s at around the same price. Any opinions?
High efficiency LED boards with 288 diodes for full-spectrum lighting.
Nominal power rated at 120W (54 VDC, 2200 mA). 3000K spectrum perfect for Vegetative and Flowering stages.

SuperBadGrower

You're not just looking at any board there. You are looking at Atreum whose efficacy is higher than HLG, at least with the ARA-20/40. Their boards will definitely be up there. Yes I would say Atreum is doing even better than HLG so they are a top choice.

h.h.

Veteran
You're not just looking at any board there. You are looking at Atreum whose efficacy is higher than HLG, at least with the ARA-20/40. Their boards will definitely be up there. Yes I would say Atreum is doing even better than HLG so they are a top choice.

Thanks.
Their claimed PPFD value is a good bit higher.
Ordered 3 @120watts.
Only 1 had a heat sink included. Now those are on the list along with a driver.

h.h.

Veteran

I bought the three boards Amazon had.

Found a 4th one on EBay for $20 cheaper...:bashhead:

Compared to my HLG QB they look close in quality. HLG maybe taking the edge. Close enough not to matter.

Physically the newer Samsung diodes are half the size of the old. HLG is currently using the newer chip as well.

Square board. 9” x 9”.

Same number of diodes as HLG.

Atreum heatsink fins are half as high, probably twice as many as HLG’s. I think HLG wins out, but overall I think Atreum’s are good enough.

I haven’t hooked them up. Don’t have a meter. Using the same Mean Well drivers. Same diodes as HLG. They should work for a few bucks less.