What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

Big Nasty

I don't know you Gry but i lost my father after 24 years of dialysis,he had 100% kidney failure so he needed at least 3 cycle every other week,more or less 12 hours a week.
i don't know anything about US healthcare system and how it works and that kind of life is hard,really really hard,you gotta pay attention to drink,eat,a lot of drug and check up monthly,still i had my beloved father...thank to all of this things,so please Gry,think about it...my best wishes to you and your family and to Farmerlion and his wife.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Thanks all, for everything.

A number of days ago he'd stated he needed a miracle, and he referenced that; he's sort of receiving some of that now.

very good, lots of thoughts and prayers from here and all that I've shared this with. If we can do more, pm me and we can see what we can come up with, can prolly get some friends to throw something at me and get a bundle of something, or maybe a gofund me account then many could help without having to learn things like an address that may want to keep hidden for reasons.

M

moose eater

Thanks Tom. I'd need to check with Gry re. a gofundme effort. I know he has impending accounts that are screaming at him for resolve. But the option/idea is excellent.

Another member offered to send items via Amazon Prime, and it occurred to me after the fact that shipping goods via this way pretty much does away with some of the constraints; size, weight, etc., permitting for canned veggies and such, rather than freeze-dried or dehydrated goods, which I felt compelled to offer as a result of the flat-rate option I used.

Cosmic Giggle's reference to Walmart's 'free 2-day shipping' service was also a new one for me, and opened up options..

Just remember, no items that have potassium on the nutritional label, and 'vegan oriented,' if sending food.

I'll phone Gry shortly, and let him know of the gofundme idea you posted, and get back to the boards with that.

As far as mastering any more complex sites such as gofundme, etc., please see my note below re. my dinosaur-era connection.

Again, thanks again all.

*Indirectly related to this, I received a notice from my internet service provider in the mail yesterday that my grand-fathered service (an ancient 56k dial-up system I have connection through) will no longer be maintained, and once it falls over dead, I'm at least temporarily out of a connection.

I don't see that happening immediately, but then, Murphy rarely sends post cards announcing his arrival. So.... If I'm posting, my internet is working.. If not, then either their warning turned into reality, or something else occurred..

M

moose eater

Hi again, Tom.

I phoned Gry, and he again sounded more lucid/clear than days ago. As per the initiation of our usual phone interactions, where one of us brings up the question of pain or nausea, I inquired, and he stated that it's a blur; that he's mostly in bed, or the restroom. I told him that in my opinion, a 'blur' beats the snot out of acute pain or severe nausea.

I mentioned your idea of a gofundme page, and added that all of these things link to someone some where, whether a name, an account, or what ever; no true perfection in human systems.

He stated he's not in any position to say no to any offerings, and agreed it's probably a good idea.

He's VERY humbled by all of this. Aside from the physical ailments or conditions, his financial outlook has been pretty dismal, and he was challenged to see a way through it. He'd had a negotiation fall on its face a week or so ago, and I suspect he'd been putting some faith in that to carry him through.

All of this has the capacity to teach us cynics (me) to mellow out and apply hope, but even that can be double-edged.

So there you have it. it's a humble and thankful 'go' from Gry's end.

As stated, my ancient computer connection can't engage in such internet functions, so.... batter up!!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just a heads up, whoever sets up the gofundme, I'm pretty sure they are linked to "real names" so to speak. So just be mindful of that. I know I've donated to one using an alias, but I'm not sure you can set one up without real contact information.

M

moose eater

Just a heads up, whoever sets up the gofundme, I'm pretty sure they are linked to "real names" so to speak. So just be mindful of that. I know I've donated to one using an alias, but I'm not sure you can set one up without real contact information.

That was a part of my concern above, AP. Thanks for clarifying this a bit.

I'm assuming that the person who sets it up, and the recipient, all likely need to be 'real folks.'

In a perfect world, an altruistic-minded person with a personal-use op, if op at all, in a legal state, with a computer that can contend with complex functions or pages on-line.

Christ or Gandhi with a computer, and spare time? :biggrin:

When Gry mentioned needing a miracle, my reflexive brain immediately brought up mental images from years back, of Dead Heads standing outside various venues with a finger raised, waiting for a ticket or other gifts, and waiting to get into the show, indicating the need.

This effort will now require such miracles. so now Gry is there, with a finger raised.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gry is a top class guy,,,,im praying for him,, if I hadn't been so strung out myself I'd be sending cash in

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Might be worth reminding everyone that since Moose Eater also has Gry’s email address that Amazon also does eGift cards, meaning a gift card for Amazon can be sent directly and immediately to his email address. With such a restrictive diet, a gift card would allow him to choose those food items he knows to be safe for him.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Gry. :huggg:

redlaser

Veteran
Hopefully today is a better day where Gry is.

Amazon is a good idea because they don’t charge to buy their ecards, only have to pay for the shipping of purchased items.

Prepaid debit cards seem like they would work as well, they cost about 6 dollars per card to purchase.

Could pm or email the debit cards numbers to Gry, or have the actual card mailed to him

M

moose eater

More minds, like more hands, have the capacity to make for less labor.

Ideas are coming in.

I was up in the wee hours of the morning here (we're 4 hours behind NYC here), and so haven't yet phoned Gry to ask any pressing questions, such as Med grower TOm's offerings of a web page, etc., though Gry had already given a humble nod to the gofundme effort.

As I just told another in PM, all of this has the capacity to bring trust issues and/or security issues to the forefront, and many folks here at ICM may have cause to guard their privacy.

I'm thinking on who I know locally, NOT affiliated with ICM, who could run a gofundme page. Persons I know well enough to implicitly trust (a short list, let me tell you, as I'm a blue-ribbon, Olympic-class cynic and skeptic much of the time), and whose privacy isn't quite as brittle as many here.

Wheels are turning, and not just mine. The ideas and compassion shown here are truly a gift by themselves.

Thanks again, all.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
The amazon gift cards make a lot of sense, I will try my best to get one sent out to you moose for gry. And if you cannot find anybody else to setup the gofundme send me a private message. I will try to help with that if need.

M

moose eater

Thanks, AP. PM headed your way quickly, then I have to get my truck ready for a town trip with the trailer. Sending equipment out to the bush, as well as collecting some being sent back in, and short on time/energy.

Thanks again to everyone.

For Gry, I suspect Christmas comes in June. :;^>) Maybe I'll include some fine-cut confetti in any subsequent packages, for the 'snow effect.' ;^>)

M

moose eater

In light of the incoming care for Gry, I grinned and chuckled just now, recalling Jeff Sessions saying how "Marijuana smokers/users aren't very nice people."

Maybe, if Mr. Sessions encounters a life-changing circumstance of grief or suffering, we can pool together, and each effort be accompanied by a card reading, "Sent to you by a caring pot smoker." :biggrin:

Sometimes I just need to turn my brain off...

M

moose eater

Headed out to ready the truck and trailer, but spoke with Gry a couple minutes ago.

He's less clear in his voice than yesterday and the day before, but still clear enough. He's somewhat easily taxed by too many questions at one time.

I told him of the options and offers in play at the moment, and he was overwhelmed in a number of ways; emotional response, number of variety of options to make decisions about, etc.

He's using a less-euphoric Rx pain killer at the moment, afraid to use more potent pain Rx that he has on-hand, as he cited needing to be able to care for his cats.

I asked if he needs to go to the hospital; something he avoids for the most part. He's concerned that if he goes to the hospital, they'll/someone will deem his cats as being neglected and take them. I told him that if he keels over dead, they'll DAMNED sure take them. The proverbial rock and hard place, with reality being all too blunt some times.

He's moved by the offerings and energy going into his circumstances. I'll approach him again later about some of the more technical options.

Most importantly, in re. to those wanting to know what to send, and there's been several who've asked, it seems it's another case of the most obvious necessities often escaping our thoughts.

Gry needs potable water. I suggested that with those who are now, or planning to either utilize Amazon Prime, Amazon, or Cosmic Giggle's reference to WalMart's 2-day shipping, a case or 3 of bottled water.. individual 12 oz., quarts, gallons, or what ever.

So there you have today's most current report from Gry.

And thank you again, to everyone coming out of the woodwork to make life better for him.:peacock:.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Headed out to ready the truck and trailer, but spoke with Gry a couple minutes ago.

He's less clear in his voice than yesterday and the day before, but still clear enough. He's somewhat easily taxed by too many questions at one time.

I told him of the options and offers in play at the moment, and he was overwhelmed in a number of ways; emotional response, number of variety of options to make decisions about, etc.

He's using a less-euphoric Rx pain killer at the moment, afraid to use more potent pain Rx that he has on-hand, as he cited needing to be able to care for his cats.

I asked if he needs to go to the hospital; something he avoids for the most part. He's concerned that if he goes to the hospital, they'll/someone will deem his cats as being neglected and take them. I told him that if he keels over dead, they'll DAMNED sure take them. The proverbial rock and hard place, with reality being all too blunt some times.

He's moved by the offerings and energy going into his circumstances. I'll approach him again later about some of the more technical options.

Most importantly, in re. to those wanting to know what to send, and there's been several who've asked, it seems it's another case of the most obvious necessities often escaping our thoughts.

Gry needs potable water. I suggested that with those who are now, or planning to either utilize Amazon Prime, Amazon, or Cosmic Giggle's reference to WalMart's 2-day shipping, a case or 3 of bottled water.. individual 12 oz., quarts, gallons, or what ever.

So there you have today's most current report from Gry.

And thank you again, to everyone coming out of the woodwork to make life better for him.:peacock:.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Wish I lived closer (prob 850+ miles)....I'd help out with gatas, Gry or whatever he needed. Prayers, meditations sent.

ab

M

moose eater

I just logged in this morning, having gotten up about 40 minutes ago, and had received a voice mail from Gry, from a call I'd missed by a minute or 2, literally..

I noted I have 3 PMs re. Gry and his circumstances, and I need to get them replied to ASAP, but wanted to post this first.

I returned Gry's call, and he sounded way more clear, but still easily overwhelmed by tasks and complexities.

He'd had a considerable utility bill in arrears, and there was talk of them disconnecting his power. We'd spoken yesterday about the possibility of him making a partial payment with the limited funds he had on-hand in an account, keeping the proverbial wolves from his heels, and then relying on incoming support, or hoping the current situation would improve through one mechanism or another..

He phoned the utility company this A.M. (??) and made a payment, after which the person taking his payment told him the balance had been paid in full by CC, but was unable to give him the name of the person who had paid; they only had a CC # recorded.

He was easily confused, which is not uncommon for him right now.

We discussed his calling them back to clarify the status of the account, as the on-line file stated (apparently erroneously) that the account had been sent to collections already, about a week ago.

Nope. No error. Someone had paid his very notable utility bill in full, and while he used some of the last of his money he had to make a payment, he is now paid ahead by that amount, with incoming resources of variable and (to some degree) unknown types and values. All of it, no doubt, positive..

Another mystery with a puzzling, but very welcome outcome.

I'll phone him back shortly, after replying to the PMs re. his circumstances.

And there was one question, at least, that someone had asked me to inquire with him about, which I forgot to ask. I'll take that up with him soon..

The support has now become broad enough in number that I have to go back and re-read PMs of previous correspondence, to make myself clear on who is inquiring about, or offering to do what, so I know I'm responding to the person I think I am, about the subject matter I intended to reply about.. That's a positive thing, in my way of thinking.

Some fitting Bruce Cockburn music for the A.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Tke6sRW_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PfDrP6X5P8

Thanks all.

PMs are next on my to-do list.

Thanks very much to everyone for everything, from prayers, meditations, thoughts, well-wishes, packages, cards, envelopes, and more.

M

moose eater

I want or need to add that there are persons in this thread wishing Gry well, and praying for him in their own ways, who themselves are suffering from advanced forms of cancer, and looking the would-be Reaper in the eye, struggling.

Don't think for an instant that this amazing showing of care has been unnoticed. It has not. That's another of many positive things going on here.

Thanks to everyone.