What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGL Penetrator 84X 12/12 from seed

Lookn good dude ! If it was me id defoil more of the big water leaves off and any others that blocks bud sites from direct powerful light. Not trying to say ur doing anything wrong , just things i no have worked for me. But enjoy the nice journals u got going. Am excited to get mine going with their newest ones.. Plus i wanna enter the gram per watt challege hgl is hosting. U shud enter too. There wil b sum very good growers so itll b neat to kinda see where everyone stands bye their efforts and results.. Need a heavy yeilding strain for sure. But nice job once again

Big Perm

I went out of state for a few days. I have the drippers on auto timers, and leaned on the conservative side. They never went dry, but could use a drink when I got home earlier tonight. I fed everything in my room, and everything is back on track.

Defoliating tonight. These are before pics.
Day 26 since blooms

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I think we should start a poll or pool of what you're going to be yielding from this little 2x2 tent lol! Damn nice results so far BP! You've got some talent for sure.

I'm guessing 210-240g. I think you can hit 1.5GPW despite the fact these are 4 untested phenos that didn't have a traditional veg.

Big Perm

Day 26
I'm really impressed by what I am seeing out of this little thing. Pretty much full coverage of the 2x2 as you can see at 12" light height from the canopy.
I defoliated large fan leaves and leaves that were in the way of other bud sites. I also defoliated the majority under the canopy. The theory is to maximize plant energy at the top.
[YOUTUBEIF]_xpwEtgVIpY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Big Perm

Day 30
Aromas are coming from the tent. A smell of fruity vanilla.
I have to say that this light is impressing me. Getting some good bud development across all four plants. I had to go out of town for a few days, while I was gone my automation was a little low. started picking up a deficiency, but addressed it as soon as I got back. I am putting this 84x up against an XB140 in a 2x2 side-by-side next.
[YOUTUBEIF]ERiW9bkWzmk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:
Day 26
I'm really impressed by what I am seeing out of this little thing. Pretty much full coverage of the 2x2 as you can see at 12" light height from the canopy.
I defoliated large fan leaves and leaves that were in the way of other bud sites. I also defoliated the majority under the canopy. The theory is to maximize plant energy at the top.
[YOUTUBEIF]_xpwEtgVIpY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Nice job big perm. U will b happy that u did take off those light robbing leaves. On my last run it seemd that i was defoiling everyday a little here n there. With bout 3 weeks to go all plants had every leaf plucked off. Also lollipopd too. Only left the top 10-12 inches on each branch. Rest was pinched off.. It really helps .. Just my 2 cents tho. I enjoy ur detaild un biased test. Let the plants do the talkn. Uve got that 2x2 bout to it max.. Good job dude

Kimura

I think we should start a poll or pool of what you're going to be yielding from this little 2x2 tent lol! Damn nice results so far BP! You've got some talent for sure.

I'm guessing 210-240g. I think you can hit 1.5GPW despite the fact these are 4 untested phenos that didn't have a traditional veg.

do you mean the full plant wet weight?

how many watts is that light?

from what i see, i'm saying 2.8 oz of dry bud.

do you mean the full plant wet weight?

how many watts is that light?

from what i see, i'm saying 2.8 oz of dry bud.

Full weight from all 4 plants combined is what I was estimating. 140W Light. Still about 5 weeks left to bloom. I think he can pull close to 2oz a plant when this grow averages out. Those two bigger colas are going to be pretty heavy at the end.

Kimura

Full weight from all 4 plants combined is what I was estimating. 140W Light. Still about 5 weeks left to bloom. I think he can pull close to 2oz a plant when this grow averages out. Those two bigger colas are going to be pretty heavy at the end.

gotta be clear with that. that's very misleading... when people refer to grams per watt, they're referring to the final dry weight of the bud divided by the wattage of the flowering light used. they're not talking about the entire plant weight.... but you're an LED vendor, so you're skewing those numbers a bit to trick people into thinking LED grow lights are magical... they're not. i've been using them for years.

people who think LED will give them higher yields than HID are the same people who buy into free energy claims. no one seems to understand the law of conservation of energy.

yes, LED run cooler than HID. LED uses a diode, electricity hits it and converts straight into light. BRIGHT LIGHT. MH and HPS use a gas which retains heats and radiates it away, making the lamp itself hotter than the LED. BUT LED MANUFACTURERS CLAIM the LED lights put off MORE light than the equivalent wattage HID. if that's the case, then remember that ALL LIGHT IS HEAT!!! that's just physics, kids. so your cooler running LED is putting off MORE LIGHT that probably isnt hitting a giant full canopy (where the light would be converted into sugars in the plant leaves instead of hitting anything else and turning into HEAT). instead with most LED growers, they have scrawny shitty plants under a BRIGHT LED light, killing their plant with too much light.

for every 1 watt of energy used, 3.41 BTU of heat is produced.

including every watt of LED produced light.

too much fuckery in the world of LED light sales.

Last edited:

Big Perm

gotta be clear with that. that's very misleading... when people refer to grams per watt, they're referring to the final dry weight of the bud divided by the wattage of the flowering light used. they're not talking about the entire plant weight.... but you're an LED vendor, so you're skewing those numbers a bit to trick people into thinking LED grow lights are magical... they're not. i've been using them for years.

people who think LED will give them higher yields than HID are the same people who buy into free energy claims. no one seems to understand the law of conservation of energy.

yes, LED run cooler than HID. LED uses a diode, electricity hits it and converts straight into light. BRIGHT LIGHT. MH and HPS use a gas which retains heats and radiates it away, making the lamp itself hotter than the LED. BUT LED MANUFACTURERS CLAIM the LED lights put off MORE light than the equivalent wattage HID. if that's the case, then remember that ALL LIGHT IS HEAT!!! that's just physics, kids. so your cooler running LED is putting off MORE LIGHT that probably isnt hitting a giant full canopy (where the light would be converted into sugars in the plant leaves instead of hitting anything else and turning into HEAT). instead with most LED growers, they have scrawny shitty plants under a BRIGHT LED light, killing their plant with too much light.

I don't know what my gpw is going to be. I'm not weighing the whole plant.
I'm going to do a wet weight before drying, and a dry weight. I'm not going to be putting lead pellets in my buds or anything, either.
My grow hat has entered the development process, however. I will be offering a discount when they begin shipping.

gotta be clear with that. that's very misleading...

The only person being misleading right now is you sir, especially with a comment such as that. I stated I expect BP to yield between 210-240g based on what I am seeing from his grow. That's from a 140W light. 210 divided by 140 = 1.5 grams per watt. You asked for clarification on the yield per plant. BigPerm has 4 plants. 210g divided by 4 plants = 55g per plant, or almost 2 ounces. There is absolutely nothing misleading about any of this.

when people refer to grams per watt, they're referring to the final dry weight of the bud divided by the wattage of the flowering light used. they're not talking about the entire plant weight.... but you're an LED vendor, so you're skewing those numbers a bit to trick people into thinking LED grow lights are magical... they're not. i've been using them for years.

You're continuing to skew my statements and putting words in my mouth (that I never said) while simultaneously pointing your finger at me to say that I am the one skewing things? Pretty sad attempt at misdirection there...

Who in the world thinks that dry weight is the entire plant with stems, fan leaves, etc? Are you crazy? The dry weight is BUDS only. Everyone and their mother's uncle knows this. The only agenda you seem to have here is to try and twist my words to suit your own libelous goals. We get it, you're not a fan of LEDs, but I haven't skewed anything nor tried to trick anyone. Instead, that seems to be your entire agenda. Trick people into believing a false narrative about my character, company and what has been stated. You're trying to paint me as the opposite of who I actually am which is defamation of character.

yes, LED run cooler than HID. LED uses a diode, electricity hits it and converts straight into light. BRIGHT LIGHT. MH and HPS use a gas which retains heats and radiates it away, making the lamp itself hotter than the LED. BUT LED MANUFACTURERS CLAIM the LED lights put off MORE light than the equivalent wattage HID. if that's the case, then remember that ALL LIGHT IS HEAT!!!

Actually no, the only light wavelengths that emit heat are Infrared. LED light waves from 400-700nm are not heat producing wavelengths. The LEDs do generate heat from electricity, but the light beam itself is not a heat-carrying wavelength. LEDs put out more light per watt than HID. This is a fact. LEDs are over the 200 lumen per watt mark, HIDs have been stuck around 145lm/w for over a decade now (fact). LEDs are putting out more umol/joule as well (fact).

that's just physics, kids. so your cooler running LED is putting off MORE LIGHT that probably isnt hitting a giant full canopy (where the light would be converted into sugars in the plant leaves instead of hitting anything else and turning into HEAT). instead with most LED growers, they have scrawny shitty plants under a BRIGHT LED light, killing their plant with too much light.

Yes, this is electrical heat. 3.41 BTU per watt. But what you're also missing is that the 1000W a light consumes is not a singular 1000W. First you have a ballast or power supply that converts AC to a signal the bulb/LED can use where the watts are flowing through the driver or ballast. This generates heat. Now you have that power supply or ballast delivering the full watts into the bulb or LED. That's more electrical heat. Now with HID you also have a lot of infrared light (which 99% of LEDs do not have), so you have that to deal with on top of the ballast.

Our lights have consistently delivered no less than double the grams per watt of HID since our first side-by-sides in 2009. That means you need less than 1/2 the watts with our LEDs to achieve the same yield as HID. Half the watts means half the electrical heat and zero radiant heat in the form of IR. You really need to go back to school and educate yourself a bit before you try spreading more false information on this forum.

Lastly, our lights have always used lenses to direct available light downward to plant canopies where it belongs.

Last edited:

Kimura

hahahah i cut deep.

all the people talking about PAR and lux and spectrum, NONE OF THEM CAN EVEN GROW THAT WELL!!!

i dont care if you think i'm a dick. i know i'm right.

Big Perm

Day 48 since bud formation
Chugging along nicely. The signs of my nutrient mishap are obvious. The good thing is I got it under control. I hadn't used the feeding schedule in so long I had backed off over time to where I was coming in at about 30% strength. Played a recommended ph game for about three days to see if anything changed. It got worse, so I bumped up to roughly 60% nutes and set the ph back at 6.1 Since then everything has been fine. I didn't realize that I had backed off that much over time. I like coming in light on new strains, came in a little too light on this run.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php