What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet Inline Duct Booster Fan

Jestocost

A little late but, for what it's worth I use two slaved to the same temp/rh controller and they're problem-free. Super quiet and plenty of pull.

Jestocost

I own one. Very quiet and lightweight. But not the best for high resistance requirements such as carbon filters.

Check your filter to see if it's clogged or too small, and your intake size - Mine are in a 4x7 space; both pushing into 6x18 carbon filters. They never go above 2 once SP is balanced.

They'll keep acceptable turnover rates in up to a 10x6x6 room if the intake and pressure transitions are planned right.

Imma Bri

Anyone with any input regarding this product? It's on Amazon for $170 CAD. thank you all, take care

I own 5.

(2) T8
(2) T6
(1) S6

- T6/S6 set run connected to pull the heat off (2) 6" CoolTubes with 1kw HPS in each of them for 2k total.

- (1) T8 pulls air from outside into the 8 x 8 flower room.
- (1) T6 pulls the heat out of a 3900w (2700w by power draw) 4 x 8.

I love these because they are quiet. The T6 runs in our main bedroom and we can't even notice it when sleeping.

The T8's can only be heard on max speed, and that is if the house is quiet.

We don't need carbon filters because its all legal and we love the smell.

The company is pretty good (as far as companies go) for handling any problems like fan warning light and such as well.

Thank you all for your time. I want to invest wisely as I draw pros/cons of diy blowers and thermostats and which blowers are the best long term and sound wise

I too for such a variety of applications as mentioned above but can't shake my pessimistic underlying thought that the product won't handle the long term rest of time I'm hoping for.

5...8,9 yrs of cycling on and off at a low setting? Is that reasonable life expectancy? I would imagine it's such a variable since different conditions put different strains on variously manufactured blowers

h.h.

Veteran
I picked up an 8”.AC Infinity.
Nice quite fan.

Claimed life expectancy is 67,000 hours.

The 8 claims 750cfm.
It has 5 speeds.
I assume #1 to be 150cfm? Three to be 450?

Between that and an oscillating fan, lights are cooling way down.
It may well pay for itself.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I grabbed one for a 3x3 tent. I oversized venting needs so that i can still use if I ever get a bigger space, or need to add filters or mufflers.

I like it, but I think it will only work in one of four auto modes at a time.

It will turn on and automatically for one of the following:
High temp
Low temp
High humidity
Low humidity.

Also will work on manual speed control and has timer and has a beeping alarm setting if readings are too high or low.

I have mine set on high temp mode.

Where do you guys think is the best place for the temp/humidity probe?

I'm going to grab another one for my other 3x3.

And then maybe grab another 6" or maybe a 8" for carbon filter that is scrubbing the room that my tents and Chambers are in.

Me too! Thank you everyone, I think it's a good fan, probe appears fairly accurate (temp/R.H.) these things are all +/- 4-10% unless mainstream manufacturing industry regulated [ 1-3 % difference then actual] and quite a $ investment to have a few instruments to cross reference eachother

Thesearch

I'm running the T6, and in my opinion it is probably the best inline fan you can buy. It is the quietest by far, especially dialed down to the appropriate amount (I'm running it through a carbon filter with dust cover). One issue is the attatchment/probe. I've heard terrible things about actually programming it, and I have also had the probe part decide not to work for months leaving me to use a backup thermometer/hygrometer and rendering the programming useless. I would not rely on it to do any program, treat it like a manual control with built in therm/hygro if you're lucky. save the money, buy the s6 (model with manual control) or s8. otherwise what can I say? I've had an 8" canfan pro and it was far louder. these fans can be expensive, but this one is worth it.

Lanizard

Hey! A quiet duct booster fan has become the best solution for my home. He does his job well and doesn't make a lot of noise. Before that, we had an old fan. If not for one case, we wouldn't have changed it soon. We have an adjustable grate in our living room. And there is a nice fluffy carpet on the floor. You know, one of those in which all the garbage is collected and from which a lot of dust. At some point, our fan became louder than usual. For a long time, we couldn't understand what was the matter. After the master arrived, it turned out that due to the dust from the carpet, the filter in the air duct was clogged. Cleaning it wouldn't do too much good and it would be easier to replace it. But with the carpet, it was necessary to decide something. Then we called the carpet repair tasmania professionals. In general, this was the reason why we changed the fan. My advice to you guys, do not take such carpets. They are soft, but the dirt in them is no less than soft.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
These mixed flow fans are OK if you use a 50mm carbon bed and have little more restriction. Within that window, most can get a carbon up to 75% capacity, and you really don't want much more from your filter than 75% of it's maximum rating.

The metallic purple EC fans are selling on Ali for realistic prices. A 4" costing about 50 notes delivered. They are a centrifugal design, and as such will meet their volumetric spec, when faced with difficult loads. By difficult I'm talking twin filtering or 100mm beds. A few bends and some aircooled shades. Perhaps having to not only exhaust, but be power behind air coming in through filtration or small openings. In general, the mixed flow fan is a compromise that's cheaper to make and only exists in our market(and some shit bathroom fans). So no competition from other industries to drive the price down. Realistically, an EC fan should be $30 more than a normal fan. These one's being punked to us are more than a cheap ebike. Where you get a 250w EC motor and controller. With a battery that costs much more. Plus a bike. With free mudguards and a bell.

The real deal still doesn't get much of a showing in industry, and is priced at double what a non-EC fan costs. That will change soon, as building codes push for better efficiency off peak load. That is where the gain is. Normal fans still take a similar amount of power when running slow, so are noisy as it's badly utilised. The EC fan does actually lower the power properly. So at minimal loads they can get to 5% power consumption easy enough. If we use voltage control or pwm on normal fans you won't get much below 30%. Hence much less physical vibration from the EC fan. I could go a lot deeper with this.. but it's enough for a growers interest.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The controllers for the AC Infinity fans make them move settings too often. I have found that using manual settings is a better way to manage the airflow, finding a happy steady-state for lights on and off time.

Three Berries

I left a message on their web site and they got back to me today to say I'm eligible for two of the new controllers. I bough a Cloudline 4" and 6" last November.

If you bought one in the last 90 days or so you can get a free upgrade to the Bluetooth controller. Email or chat will work.

AC Infinity Cloudline fans, Free Controller 67 Upgrade

A programmable exhaust fan is an essential component for controlling heat and humidity.

The bad news is that AC Infinity botched the release of their new fan controller, "Controller 67" and lots of buyers felt cheated when their fan arrived with the old control unit. The company is now quietly offering a free upgrade if you complain. So if you purchased your fan in the last 5-6 months you are probably eligible for an upgrade to controller 67. You'll have to ask for it by visiting their website and following the "Support" tab to "Contact us."

https://www.acinfinity.com/hvac-home...peed-data-app/

Gry

I left a message on their web site and they got back to me today to say I'm eligible for two of the new controllers. I bough a Cloudline 4" and 6" last November.

If you bought one in the last 90 days or so you can get a free upgrade to the Bluetooth controller. Email or chat will work.

AC Infinity Cloudline fans, Free Controller 67 Upgrade

A programmable exhaust fan is an essential component for controlling heat and humidity.

The bad news is that AC Infinity botched the release of their new fan controller, "Controller 67" and lots of buyers felt cheated when their fan arrived with the old control unit. The company is now quietly offering a free upgrade if you complain. So if you purchased your fan in the last 5-6 months you are probably eligible for an upgrade to controller 67. You'll have to ask for it by visiting their website and following the "Support" tab to "Contact us."

https://www.acinfinity.com/hvac-home...peed-data-app/

Nice looking out for those who recently bought one.

Three Berries

The new controllers arrive Friday with postage paid for the returns too. No charge at all. I'm hoping the programming can be done to switch modes when the lights go on or off. I have to slow the fan down with lights on and turn on a humidifier. Humidifier is on a timer so no big deal but I still have to babysit the controlled climate when it switches.

Latest posts

Latest posts