Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

Thread Title Search
Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 11:57 PM #1
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Can I just put decarb'd rosin under my tongue?

I usually decarb my rosin in a beaker on a hotplate. Then, I mix in a little coconut oil and some lecithin and make capsules. I swallow the caps and it all goes through the tummy.

However, I would like to bypass the gastrointestinal route and go right to the bloodstream via sublingual or buccal.

Can I just administrate the decarb'd rosin into my cheek or under my tongue with no oil or anything?

Or, should a stick with the oil and lecithin?

Or, should I add a little Everclear? Will that help with sublingual?

I have tried mixing it with stuff and it doesn't mix very well. LOL

Just wondering if just placing a gram of plain old decarb'd rosin under my tongue would do anything.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 AM #2
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Just wondering if just placing a gram of plain old decarb'd rosin under my tongue would do anything.
Nico Farmer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:33 AM #3
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Don't waste your money on caps
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 01:56 AM #4
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Well, gee guys, I love your response but your answers are just a tiny bit elusive. Care to expound?

My normal dose is 1200mg of THC (about 2 grams of rosin). So, a gram doesn't really get me off. Although, lately I have been using sous vide to decarb and the retention of the terpene profile from the sous vide method has really improved my response to edibles.

However, if you are implying that placing [whatever amount] of just plain decarb'd rosin under my tongue would work, I would love to hear it.

As for wasting money on caps, again, you saying yes, it will work? But, in your case, saying maintain the oil and lecithin and just omit the caps?

C'mon guys.... out with it. As Sarris said to Commander Taggart..."again, explain as if he were a child."

LOL

Thanks

Old 10-12-2018, 03:46 AM #5
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
Don't they just put RS oil under the tongue?
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 AM #6
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Well, gee guys, I love your response but your answers are just a tiny bit elusive. Care to expound?

My normal dose is 1200mg of THC (about 2 grams of rosin). So, a gram doesn't really get me off. Although, lately I have been using sous vide to decarb and the retention of the terpene profile from the sous vide method has really improved my response to edibles.

However, if you are implying that placing [whatever amount] of just plain decarb'd rosin under my tongue would work, I would love to hear it.

As for wasting money on caps, again, you saying yes, it will work? But, in your case, saying maintain the oil and lecithin and just omit the caps?

C'mon guys.... out with it. As Sarris said to Commander Taggart..."again, explain as if he were a child."

LOL

Thanks

Yes placing it under the tongue will take you to the moon. Since you need 2g to get high. You may want to consider enemas or suppositories.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:25 AM #7
Ringodoggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Yes placing it under the tongue will take you to the moon. Since you need 2g to get high. You may want to consider enemas or suppositories.
Cool, thanks. I am going to try it this weekend and I'll let you know.

I would try the enemas or suppositories but I live alone and insertion is a little difficult. Are you in the area? Perhaps you could stop by for a moment and give me a hand. Or, rather a finger.

Should I add lecithin or do you think it would just interfere with absorption in this case? Not sure if lecithin is just for GI tract administration or if it assists in sublingual as well.

Thanks again.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 AM #8
redlaser

redlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant future
Brett would probably recommend boofing it and later putting it on a calendar to reflect upon the evening.

I’ve recently added lecithin to my coco oil/rosin, have to agree it’s way more effective. Not sure if it would help outside of stomach, but have wondered the same thing
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 AM #9
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
Yes to the lecithin and to sublingual/buccal consumption.

Inserting some in the center of a wintergreen lifesaver
works quickly and well for me.
Hash tea is a standard as well.
For that, I ad a few drops of coconut oil to the extract and a couple
of spoon fulls of tea and use a hand wisk for a moment to form a
good mixture prior to adding the rest of the tea.
Has worked like ringing a bell for me for a long
time and keeps me from reaching for morphine so frequently.
I use the table top decarb process left by
badkittysmiles ; https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction#
as opposed to the boil in the bagged process. I expect
they are similar in result. I prefer the sublingual or buccal......
.route to gel caps.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:45 PM #10
Ringodoggie

Great idea about the Life Saver. I was thinking of adding a little peppermint oil but I like your idea way better.

Thanks