You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Thread Title Search
Human Shit is good Fertiliser Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2018, 05:07 AM #1
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Righto you Purists. Here we go. Heads out of the clouds now ...

I began a thread asking about number of compost worms per pot. There wasn't much response so I bought a kilo of worms for each pot and put a few kilos of partly composted human shit on top of the new worms. I know they love this stuff from another garden and sure enough when I looked last evening the new worms are moving into the shit (which smelled great, by the way!).

Now when I posted this news there appeared cautionary advice and expressions of disgust ... except from my new friend St Phatty!

Of course I had interfaced with my own shit during the Oral stage of childhood development but I can't remember that ... so I want to tell all you squeaky-clean-Dettol-hand-wash-users about my later experiences with Human Shit.

It began when I was five. Mother had gone to hospital to have a breakdown and so we kids went to her Brother's place somewhere in the Scots wilds.
Our Uncle and his Wife were older and there was not much for us to do. Me, I explored the farm and countryside around. My biggest surprise was finding the Midden. The Midden was a walled area. The wall was just high enough for a five year old on tiptoe to look over. And the sight was amazing indeed!

The shit behind the wall was all sorts. Cattle, pig, and human. It was spring so the Byre had been mucked out and the Midden was full. There was a heavy buzzing in the air.

There was brown shit, yellow shit, green shit and there ... peeking out from clumps of hay off the floor of the Byre ... someone had tipped the shit can, and the one before it and the one before that. It was mostly yellowish so stood out from the animal crap. It's shape was different too. Due to human anus shape I guess. And bowel ...

I was very familiar with the shit can because I visited it at least once a day, sometimes more. We had a flush toilet where I usually lived but I rather liked its smell. Rich. Almost like horse shit, but not so. (I guess smell depends on diet.)

Think of that: a daily experience of other peoples' shit inches below one's backside. I squatted of course.

Once in the Midden, altogether with the animal shit, the smell was fantastic. HMMM! I am recalling it right now!
(Odours go straight to the brain without being categorised by reason ... so my recall is perfect! YUM!)

But now I 'm getting off -course.

What St Phatty said in my worm post mirrors my ancestors experience. I would not be here without their shit and their animals shit on the ground they tilled and reaped.

Human shit is very good fertiliser. The shit I use is as pure as organic eaters can get their shit. We understand about health issues so one else shits in our toilet.

PS: you Aztec charcoal soil guys avoid the actuality that Aztec soils blackness was caused equally by human shit!

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:18 AM #2
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Night soil as the Koreans refer to it. Might also be why they are full of parasites, worms, and diseases. Rule of thumb, don't use the excrement from anything that eats meat.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 AM #3
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Rule of thumb, don't use the excrement from anything that eats meat.
Vegan shit is ok?

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 08:44 AM #4
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
If Matt Daemon can do it on Mars then..............

....and if you think shit is so bad, then show your dog a freshly 'laid' diaper/nappy - and see how that goes.

Seriously - much of the world still uses human excrement as a fertilizer, and it works for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmV_zyBJ3Z8

Transforming Human Poop Into Eco-Friendly Fertilizer | Best Job Ever

Last edited by Gypsy Nirvana; 10-10-2018 at 09:31 AM..
Gypsy Nirvana is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:02 PM #5
-BRR-
IC Mag Supporter

-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about-BRR- has a spectacular aura about
This can only be the seed for a human shit only grow competition. We should include our diets for reference.
-BRR- is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:27 PM #6
Klompen

Klompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud ofKlompen has much to be proud of
I am a big fan of human urine as a fertilizer, but I must say that I draw a line with human feces other than for use with ornamentals. If you want to check out one large-scale use of human feces(and other stuff) for fertilizer, check out Milorganite. I really don't see a point of using human feces on consumable plants when you can get feces from so many other sources so easily.
Klompen is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 01:37 PM #7
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Shit of dog,cats and humans are not quality manure for fertilizing plants...

thats utter stupidity and dont knowing a substance on manures..

Shit of cows are best,then goes horse and sheep manure.. this ones are most quality
and they come from animals that eat grass mostly.. Lester is right when he says dont
use manure from carnivores..

Cow shit is actually art of manure and gives best smelly veggies and weed with
incredible bacteria content that transforms Earth soil in best medium that will
feed plants.. it even have bacteria that will enlarge your serotonine levels so
you will feel better while gardening,its a Mycobacterium vaccae..
beneficial bactery for happiness and feeling good..

Human shit is a manure to avoid.. just mine 5 cents..
Dog Star is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM #8
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BRR- View Post
This can only be the seed for a human shit only grow competition. We should include our diets for reference.
... or which strain really benefit from it.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:22 PM #9
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
There's a reason that human excrement smells bad to humans,
and good to flies.

Considering the logistics of dealing with 50# of human excrement
vs. 50# of steer manure ...

If one wants to use human excretions as a fertilizer, I suggest #1.

I might have to repeat the test, but ... I planted about 20 bare root roses, one next to the back door.

When I was working out doors, I would go #1 on the rose plant next to the back door.

Which is now HUUUGE, 7 feet tall, multiple main stems, etc.

City of SF applies economies of scale to the matter & the sewage department donated a bunch of 'treated bio-solids' to Parks & Recreation.

Not sure how many takers there were.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 04:32 PM #10
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
And black bears. They love the smell of dirty diapers.

Myself I'll leave that shit to the bears.
yardgrazer is offline Quote