What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cop's Marijuana Legalization Question Gets 1st Place in White House Video Contest

Wav3F0rm

presidents are puppets, bobbleheads, figureheads, they are not dictators, that is not our system, they are not all powerful, there is their cabinet, and the senate, and the house, and the lobbyist(most powerful, most money). puppets, and a show to keep people occupied and confused. Obama is just a figurehead, his words are empty, as have the 15 or so presidents before him. open your mind
----(to skip to on topic point, jump to last paragraph)---

^they think it is politically dangerous, but even many conservatives against legalization are now for it. The whole personal responsibility thing is on the way back. People are sick of being micro managed in there daily lives from D.C.

i think thats in general, micro managed from the huge multi-nationals, or from the fed...

they are all assholes democrap republican blah
bi-partisanism, best way to tear apart a country/people. Most people don't even fall into what they respective party holds as values, no way to be represented if there isn't a party that even supports your values, in the meantime you'll get everyone arguing over this vs that, when its usually meaningless anyways, asking everything to think/act/talk/dress/whatever alike, i want freedom, no you don't, you want a bunch of robots just like you... aka, no individuality.. - (not directed towards you supermanlives)

Big Pharma will always keep it illegal until they find a way to get there greedy little hands in the pot.
two way street, wanna cure that cancer? won't get you high, wrong cannabinoid, CBD and you have to eat it raw, not smoke it..(the plant)

You mean all that the renewable energy that we'll be forced to use, that isn't ready for use, won't be affordable? Maybe we can all become environmentalist. That seems to be who they listen to the most. Wonder what the pay is?
its a thing of interests, how quickly did we develop a nuclear weapon??? (how much money and man power was input during WWII?? a crap ton) how much money/man power is spent forwarding renewable energies? not that much, to much oil/whateverelsecanbemined money going around. to bad to, in 15 years that huge japanese group will have a monopoly on 40% efficient(currently panel are like under 10%) panels... money/time investment, they win on returns because they see a future market. who made money on google before they blew up? those willing to bet against everyone else saying they wouldn't go anywhere(along with the internet)

Its only about the money and the market of persecution is the most profitable one at the moment.
this

Why does he not just run as an independent so maybe other people (like me and others who will never vote republican) might consider him?
he's hardcore old republican, everything is backwards in america, whats liberal here is conservative everywhere outside the US, or, neo-conservative, to confuse people. Point, old world republicans were hardcore on their stances, written in stone and would not have anything, even in their own lives changes their stances. He is republican because at one point, his values were held as republican, so, he holds onto that, again, no adaptation, no change, just a firm stance on what he has. Admirable, but, hard to keep up in this stupid world of politics.

your right it's not given out for fun it's given out for fun it's secretly planned years ahead.
likely
-----
(on point) Legalization is working like this. it WILL happen hence the ballets that are in state positions right now. it will grow to almost every state before the FED legalized it. As mentioned above, healing from cannabis is done via eaten raw. Once legalized, it will most likely be harder to come by CBD strains and it will be lost under the veil of normal recreational strains. I know, THC kills brain tumor cells, yes. However, this is the truth, constant usage can most definitely be addictive, and i've watched it in myself and many friends, it changes you, effects your being, no doubt, you become disconnected, if you are really in-tune with yourself, you'll know what i'm talking about. I'm not against it, i mean look at my sig, i just like it seldom, when it feels right, and a certain environment helps to, i like to respect what i'm doing. I mean, look at all thats in this post, its all math to them, right now, the math doesn't add up to legalize, regardless of how many people its but hurt for. Once the corporations see that there is a large enough market, regardless of what else is going on, i'm sure at that point it will become legalized regardless.
Also, this was the same thing in previous 4 year point, i actually took part in submitting a comment that got voted up to be one of the main things to talk about, it was regarding marijuana, not to build myself up, there was like 8 question, 6 of which were all involving marijuana, Obamas response was some snarky crap about "oh, you can see what the online community is all about" or something to that effect.
It will be legalized, but, the math has to work out first, its just not there yet, so here is my point. Anything that will have any large impact will have to be done from a community standpoint, however, this is highly controversial, so, i guess we have to play the marijuana legalization chess game very carefully, in that regard, i think its going pretty well, lots of small-scale hometown growers i think is the way to go there.

oh yeah, last note, home town permaculture, in every backyard xD

Good points Wav3F0rm.

A person supporting legalization will certainly have to do it in a smart, peaceful way. No slandering. I have slandered before (Anslinger) and that was not wise. We each have things of the heart we follow and he followed it until laws were in place all over the world making the marijuana plant an enemy. So he did quite a good job at that... and something that we have to respect. Our role is to examine what all happened and determine if the spirit of the laws were good.

Should jail time be used for marijuana? I vote no. Should it be reinstated as a friend of man? Yes. Roses have thorns but we learn to not be pricked by them.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it does not matter any way i would give you 10000 to 1 odds he will win the nom. and 10000000 to 1 odds of winning the general so its all a waste of time talking about it right?

I imagine you are right. I actually do think Ron Paul would beat Obama in a Primary, but the money behind Mitt Romney wont let him win the GOP nomination.

Rouge

I might consider voting for a Romney/Paul ticket. Obama should fear this. Paul will pull the younger voters to the Republicans as Obama's Atty Gnrl Holder has blown them off altogether. Romney is starting to spout a lot of things Paul stands for: (more jobs), smaller govt., less debt. Now if Romney pledges to rid America of the DEA....he 'd take away that younger and growing constituency vote from Obama. Now if one could only convince that very accomplished and practical man to moderate HIS views on marijuana (and the anti constitutionality of it) ..................... well, that's where RP as VP would come in.
The question is with the Obama promises (lies) and the crackdown on cannabis, The sameness of the two major parties, would Romney be any worse than Obama? ................mmm?.............. I doubt it. MA is rolling out a medical marijuana law.