What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying Rack

ninfan77

How's this sound for a drying setup?

A rough cut 2ft x 3ft x 4ft box made of 2x4's. Each layer of the box has 4in distance betwen it and the one above/below.

Then stapling some window screen to each level. Then box is covered with black/white film on the top and sides.

On one end, an opening is left in the film, and a small fan set on a timer to run for 20 min at a time every hour.

Would this be better to do a rough trim of the buds and lay them out on the screens after harvest, or hang first, then trim? I dont have a lot of room to hang plants, so this is why i was thinking, basically trim a lot of the fan leaves and what not off, then lay on the racks. Thoughts?

G

Hey nin,

Sounds like a good setup - all depends on what your results are as the ambient temps and humidity also play an important role in the drying process.

I'd recommend trimming first, then place in your 'box'... Trimming will speed up the drying process and is (IMHO) much easier than trying to trim them after dried as the leaves usually curl around the buds to protect them...

I dont use a dry box and therefore trim and then hang - but having the box removes the need to hang em.

G

Sounds awesome. You should attach to the side maybe a 1x1 or 2x2 square box with window screen in the middle.... so you can dump your popcorn nugs in there.... unless you make hash... I'm making something similar

nin, if you have to buy more wood to finish it, 1x2s or 2x2s would probably still offer plenty of support as well and probably save you a few bucks, and the rack as a whole would be lighter..

Latest posts

Latest posts